474 replies to this topic

#381 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just got to win 4 straight. Someone is going to do it in the Finals at some point. Why not us?(it's a rhetorical question so don't bother responding)

#382 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Time to realize this team just isn't that good. Stop blaming the refs, NBC, bad ice, etc. Too many flaws from the coaching to the players. Question is will our GM actually address these flaws this summer or stay "status quo"?

Dude. It's the Stanley cup finals. You're talking like its January 2011. They need some changes, but the fact is they beat 3 teams and now ran into a very, very good team. I think the coaching did very well and the players hit a wall.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#383 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Time to realize this team just isn't that good. Stop blaming the refs, NBC, bad ice, etc. Too many flaws from the coaching to the players. Question is will our GM actually address these flaws this summer or stay "status quo"?

Oh and I'm not upset at the team. They had a great run but it's time to face reality, and they're getting a good dose of it tonight..

The team is good, we just ran into a better, more rested team...with a goalie who is having one of the best postseasons of ALL TIME....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#384 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Another missed shot by Clarky

#385 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Well get back to me on that again in a month, this could be a drastically different team by then. At least in 2001, there was no real danger of the team breaking up. Yes in a vaccum, this loss (even if a sweep) isn't going to be anywhere near as annoying as that one, particualrly since Marty got outplayed by Roy. But Game 6 Rangers could be as good as it gets for a while.

Well the team actually change drastically the next year and for the better. We lost arnott, sykora, mogilny, holik and McKay but gained langs, nieuwendyk, friesen and tverdovsky in the following throw-away season and the sure before 02-03.

It will be harder to get back to the finals post-lockout but certainly far from being a terrible team.

#386 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Just got to win 4 straight. Someone is going to do it in the Finals at some point. Why not us?(it's a rhetorical question so don't bother responding)

Need more people like you on here

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#387 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Sorry double post

Edited by DevsMan84, 04 June 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#388 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Keep it civil people, I am seriously in a bad mood and will ban anyone if they screw around tonight.

#389 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Dude. It's the Stanley cup finals. You're talking like its January 2011. They need some changes, but the fact is they beat 3 teams and now ran into a very, very good team. I think the coaching did very well and the players hit a wall.

They should have known what they were getting themselves into. 4 days to prepare. But again I'm not angry at them or some bandwagon freak. Fact is they had a great run.

#390 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Need more people like you on here

this.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#391 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression <<<- me
5. Acceptance <<<--me

Sigh, a great run though. Get a win on Wednesday.

#392 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

We also don't don't about certain things like injuries and the such. We might want to get rid or upgrade certain areas but until this is over and we hear what is really going on I wouldn't really count on demanding changes.

Kovy and clarkson have to be playing hurt.

#393 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

I would imagine that a decent percentage of our roster is suffering from some type of nagging injury. It's not that they sucked but they're beat. The Kings only played 14 games to get to the cup and mind you some of those scores were not close and the Kings controlled the play so they didn't have to play their asses of like the Devils did. We played 18 against a fast FLA team, a dominant scumbag PHI team, and a shot blocking, cheating, devious NYR club.
We've got a lot of hurt and gassed guys who gave it their all to get here. no one should be hanging anyone out to dry here.

Be grateful we're not Nucks, Blues or Yotes fans. They've never won a cup and were beat almost as bad as we are being beat. Add to the fact that the Nucks/Kings series had horrible officiating.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#394 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Major changes on a cup finalist? Let's not overreact. It sucks but it's not the Columbus blue jackets.

Yes we are a stanley cup finalist, but you can clearly see that there is something missing. Hopefully LL will find this "missing part".
But, we should all be proud of our NJ Devils who nobody saw in the SCF Finals.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#395 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Devils in 7, believe it because it's all we can do.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#396 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Need a win, or at least some goals Wednesday.

Kovy was terrible, offense was invisible, but most important: the Kings were perfect. Seriously. They beat us on every puck battle, they anticipated our movement, they had a great PK, they finished their opportunities and Quick was outstanding. And there it is.

Maybe if we won games 1+2 it'd have been different tonight, but we didn't, so it isn't.

#397 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

O man that king in the interview basically"we knew they were ridiculously going to overpass to an otherwise useless number seventeen, so once we did that they were done. " that's so farooqin true
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#398 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

The first goal was an absolute fvcking joke. Everytime I see it, I wanna crack Dan O'Halloran's skull.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#399 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

[quote name='DevsMan84' timestamp='1338863775' post='1128223']
This is why as frustrated as I am I don't go on boards picking fights with people who are telling me to calm down.
[quote]

Notice between the two of us I'm not telling other people to calm down or telling them to burn their Devils gear because they're frustrated? ok.. great.. you can keep calm when you see your team get embarrassed. I can't. More power to ya.

Edited by slasher72, 04 June 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#400 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Momentum is a b!tch.

Games 1 and 2 could have gone our way...and this game was up for the taking early. One big goal in any of the three games and it's a different series. But again, the execution wasn't there...hard to believe they are looking down the barrel of a sweep at this point after all the team was able to accomplish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users