474 replies to this topic

#441 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

I want Tedenby in for my own personal amusement. Why not, he's fast and danglely. And he's a goof. Obviously PDB will never do this, but I can dream.

#442 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

im sorry thats outrageous, how many wacks do you get at it before they blow a whistle.

Also another HUGE offsides call before we entered the zone prior to this power play.

According to NHL.com you get at least 3 or 4 whacks. They admit in the article that he took multiple whacks at Brodeur.

"A pinching Martinez followed Dwight King's second, third and fourth whacks and pushed the puck in across the goal line at 5:40 of the second period for a 1-0 lead.

#443 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

devils decided they would do the same thing in the powerplay immediately following that goal. they charged the net and whacked once, and going for the second one the ref blew the whistle and a defender cross checked our player out of the crease to prevent a second whack.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#444 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Did anyone see this?

LA Kings mascot Bailey taunted the New Jersey Devils with giant photos of the cast of Jersey Shore during Game 3.

https://plus.google....sts/CrF982zK2TB

Posted Image

#445 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

It's gotta be something about the acoustics in the Fire Lounge. The crowd sounds fine when CBC does telecasts, but they don't do it from the Fire Lounge like MSG and NBC do.

I think youre right (though I thought both CBC and NBC broadcasted from the fire lounge). But you'd figure they could easily adjust for that acoustics.

My obsession with this topic stems from the sht our fan base has taken for years. Yet, this year our fans and the Rock have been awesome. Would like the rest of the country to hear what we are about.

#446 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Did anyone see this?

LA Kings mascot Bailey taunted the New Jersey Devils with giant photos of the cast of Jersey Shore during Game 3.

Posted Image

Yea i saw that, i actually started laughing to be honest :lol:
Posted Image

#447 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Did anyone see this?

Posted Image

It's actually pretty funny.

I'm not going to rip into them for having no class. We shout "you suck" to the opposing team whenever the Devils score a goal, so if you can dish it.. you need thick enough skin to take it too.

#448 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, I think it's funny too.

#449 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

I missed the entire game due to a high school awards show i had to attend, but that bit is pretty funny (unless you are getting view blocked by one of those heads)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#450 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

It's actually pretty funny.

I'm not going to rip into them for having no class. We shout "you suck" to the opposing team whenever the Devils score a goal, so if you can dish it.. you need thick enough skin to take it too.

The difference is the Devils' FANS are doing this on their own accord. NJ Devil is not the conductor of the choir. This is an example of the Kings ORGANIZATION doing something minor league like this...pretty bush league to do in a Cup Finals IMHO...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#451 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

cam deserves a game, nah gonnah happah but yes he does.

Edited by lazer, 05 June 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#452 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Kings are trying to milk it for all they can. Just wish they'd get more creative with the insults. Oh jersey shore? Oh another fist-pumping joke? So creative, so original, like i don't hear that joke every time i talk to someone out of state.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#453 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Bush league? Oh get over it. You're reaching. If this happened at the Rock and it was all LA celebs faces this boards would be celebrating.
Its a cute idea and heats up the rivalry. I'm not happy we're losing but I enjoy the intensity.
I enjoy going there, sitting behind the NJ bench and having Bailey come by and squirt water on me, bang on the glass, and such in my NJ jersey.

Its a lot better than when Staples was a moratorium 5-7 years ago.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#454 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

The difference is the Devils' FANS are doing this on their own accord. NJ Devil is not the conductor of the choir. This is an example of the Kings ORGANIZATION doing something minor league like this...pretty bush league to do in a Cup Finals IMHO...

I agree with you on that. Then again, what do you expect from an organization that hasn't won anything in 45 years and is based in one of the country's media hotspots and entertainment cesspools. Not a lot of class to be had there collectively.

#455 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I missed the entire game due to a high school awards show i had to attend, but that bit is pretty funny (unless you are getting view blocked by one of those heads)

I would assume the heads were only up during a stoppage of play anyway.

We need to win tomorrow, then we can put Sopranos heads behind their bench Saturday, maybe that'll scare them lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#456 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

And btw how is this different from NJay mock stealing the Hollywood D and displaying it in Championship Plaza? It's not, and if you don't find this stuff funny, buy a sense of humor.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#457 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

And btw how is this different from NJay mock stealing the Hollywood D and displaying it in Championship Plaza? It's not, and if you don't find this stuff funny, buy a sense of humor.

Ha, is that was the 'D' was? I thought it was just a thing to sign like the puck on opening night.

#458 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ha, is that was the 'D' was? I thought it was just a thing to sign like the puck on opening night.

Indeed:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 05 June 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#459 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

The only slightly bush league thing the Kings did last night that I noticed was have the organist lead the "Maaarty! ... Maaarty!" chants a few times after Kings goals. Doc even mentioned it.

#460 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

yea i would think that only the rags have a right to that one, and marty taunts back saying he enjoys it. who the fvck are kings to taunt anyone?

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users