Haha that's awesome

#462 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

I agree with you on that. Then again, what do you expect from an organization that hasn't won anything in 45 years and is based in one of the country's media hotspots and entertainment cesspools. Not a lot of class to be had there collectively.

Right - because you've lived out here and are familiar with all the areas.
Mock the fanbase fine - but LA is a great place to live as are parts of NJ.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#463 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

'Marty' chants? Really? :rofl: I'd wager half the people chanting "Marty" don't know his last name LOL

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#464 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ugh some guy at work called him "Marty Bro-der"

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#465 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

As usual, Colorado was spot on with his post.

#466 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

yea i would think that only the rags have a right to that one, and marty taunts back saying he enjoys it. who the fvck are kings to taunt anyone?

I feel exactly the same way. As much as I hate when the ranger fans do it it annoyed me more to hear kings fans doing it. Like they haven't earned the right or something.

#467 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I dont know. I think the Kings have earned the right to have some fun. It hasnt always been easy finding and playing for the fanbase in SoCal, and yet they have survived. Its a good story - one that many of us would be rooting on if they were playing anyone else but the Devs.
It's the whiskey talking.

#468 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

As usual, Colorado was spot on with his post.

It's funny (and sad), but in some ways the Kings are reminding me more and more of the '95 Devils...the story clearly isn't a carbon copy, and the Devils didn't come into the 2012 SCF as a vast "on paper" favorite, the way the Red Wings did in '95, but the similarities are there between the '95 Devils and the '12 Kings:

Both teams finished with underwhelming regular season records.
Both teams struggled offensively for much of the regular season.
Both goalies raised their level of play considerably when the playoffs began (Marty's regular season save% was only .902 in '95, compared to .927 for the playoffs. Quick has seen a .21 increase in his '12 playoff save%).
Both teams basically blew away their competition throughout the playoffs (just four losses for the Devils, and two to date for the Kings).

I'm really hoping I'm not saying "and the winner swept the loser". So hoping for that Game 6...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#469 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

"“To be honest, a lot of shots this series haven’t been where I wanted them to go,” Clarkson said."

NO sh!t !?!

www.SterioDesign.com

#470 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Did anyone see this?

LA Kings mascot Bailey taunted the New Jersey Devils with giant photos of the cast of Jersey Shore during Game 3.

Too bad LA isn't aware that none of those crazies live in NJ. They all are from out of state. :rolleyes:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#471 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

didnt know where to post this but i saw them filming "jersey shore" on the beach today.

did everything i could to not make a scene.

Edited by lazer, 05 June 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image

#472 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

The only slightly bush league thing the Kings did last night that I noticed was have the organist lead the "Maaarty! ... Maaarty!" chants a few times after Kings goals. Doc even mentioned it.

Agree 100%. Every round has seen the MAAARTYY taunts sink to new lows. Philly doing it before a goal is even scored. New York doing it before the puck even drops on Game 1. Now L.A.'s organist and jumbotron guy leading the way.

You've gotta be good for everyone to be so desperate to try to get in your head. :evil:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#473 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

post in wrong thread.

Edited by Sneax, 06 June 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#474 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Ahhhhh, it feels good to be alive. Now let's get it back to LA.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#475 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

It's never easy to see it all end like this...but exactly what way WOULD be easy to watch your team lose in the SCF? There really isn't one.

As long as the player handshakes haven't started, the series is still on, but it's really hard to believe that the Devils are coming back from 3-0. They haven't been able to buy a break, but I can't make a real case for LA not deserving to be up 3-0 in these Finals. I guess one can point out that Games 1 and 2 could've gone either way, but the Devils have had their fair share of "either way" games in these playoffs...they had to win two OT games in Games 6 and 7 just to get out of the first round.

And that's all I really expected/hoped for from the Devils this year...to get past the first round. Once they drew the Flyers in the second round, I thought they'd lose in five. They won in five. Once they drew the Rangers in the ECF, I thought they'd lose in six. They won in six. This has truly been a magic carpet ride, a run no one saw coming...it's unfortunate and sad that it appears to be coming to such an abrupt end, and for now I'm just going to hope that the Devils can find a way to force a Game 6...yes, that's getting ahead of myself, as we don't even know if a Game 5 is in the cards yet, but I guess in this season of surprises, I'm aiming high.

If anything good has come out of this, along with having a new banner to send up to the rafters and a month of entertaining playoff hockey, it's that it looks like the Devils have at least re-established themselves as playoff contenders for the forseeable future, and in the anything-can-happen landscape that has become the NHL playoffs, that's all we can ask for. Clearly Kovy is not 100%, probably nowhere near that, but he's shown that he can contribute when the stakes are raised, and that "one career playoff win" monkey that he carried (somewhat unfairly) on his back is gone for good. Year #2 of his deal couldn't have gone much better for him than it did.

I'll save the offseason stuff for when the offseason actually gets here. The Devils might be wounded, but they ain't dead yet.

Thank you Devils. Every last one of you. Even if you get blown out tonight, you all did one hell of a job. None of you have anything to be ashamed of.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users