#61 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

I wonder why Sutter would even THINK about changing the lineup? :scratcheshead:

See the above pictures of the engravings? That's the Stanley Cup. I know your team is unfamiliar with it. Read the rules that are required in order to get your name engraved on the cup. Your Welcome.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#62 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

I wonder why Sutter would even THINK about changing the lineup? :scratcheshead:

Because Gagne makes them better. Just because you won with a certain lineup doesn't mean you're going to keep winning with it.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#63 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

See the above pictures of the engravings? That's the Stanley Cup. I know your team is unfamiliar with it. Read the rules that are required in order to get your name engraved on the cup. Your Welcome.

There are exceptions to the rule, though. Gagne, were the Kings to win without him playing in an SCF game, would likely still get his name on it if the Kings requested as much. Ditto us with Tallinder - injury special cases.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#64 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Isn't there a special rule/exception about backup goaltenders regarding the engraving? Unless they completely split duties they would never ever get their names on it.

I don't believe so, but you are allowed to petition for exceptions.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#65 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Isn't there a special rule/exception about backup goaltenders regarding the engraving? Unless they completely split duties they would never ever get their names on it.

I think there's a vaguely written rule about "extenuating circumstances" like injuries or whatnot. But the fact that Steve friggin Brule is on the Cup shows that just about anyone can get an exemption.

And Gagne is a guy who's always seemed to have Marty's number. That, and the fact that he's a damn good forward, is why he's playing. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with Stanley Cup engravings.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#66 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

it's in the discretion of the team. a team with a less obvious goalie tandem that rides a goalie all season and the guy gets injured or cold and the other goes in to win, they are not going to just not have his name.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#67 #9Delieve

#9Delieve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's now or never tonight...lgd!!!

#68 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Peter Pockilington had his Dad's name engraved on the cup. They had to go back and cross it out since his dad had zero to do with it.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#69 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

You know who wanted to become "uber famous" in LA? Bruno!
:gd:

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#70 Metal_King

Metal_King

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Sorry man, you want to win the cup...not to be sorry if someone misses out. Totally disagree with your viewpoint. He's messing up with a line that can prove costly.

Because Gagne makes them better. Just because you won with a certain lineup doesn't mean you're going to keep winning with it.

This isn't late in the season or even the first round. LA is 2 wins away. Still disagree iwth it.

Plus, the guy hasn't played in MONTHS. And LA EXPECTS him to be ready for round 4 type play? Still disagree with it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Black Sabbath started it, Iron Maiden perfected it.

#71 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

This move was not made to get Gagne's name on the Cup, that's insanity- you don't coach like that. I heard speculation Richardson was injured, but I have no idea if that's actually true.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#72 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Win or its pretty much over, boys better be ready to play.

LGD
Posted Image

#73 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Maybe the guy who has been out for 5 months will get them that 2nd regulation goal, whatever. He's going to get hit hard tonight though, that's an absolute fact. Harder than he's been hit since returning to practice on 5/25. And it will only cost them a 4th line to get him a spot, so there's no guarantee he gets big minutes anyway.

Whatever reason they are throwing him in there, I really don't care. All I care about is winning the game, in regulation

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#74 Metal_King

Metal_King

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

there's no guarantee he gets big minutes anyway.

That's true. If he sits out the rest of the games, then it's a gesture on the front office's behalf.

#75 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

got a pretty violent blow to the ribs yesterday during a soccer game. So now it hurts when i take a deep breath, laugh, cough... or anything making my rib cage expend...

im SO looking forward to the game tonight... :doh1:

www.SterioDesign.com

#76 Metal_King

Metal_King

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Plus, with this comment, you are admitting defeat. Nothing has been won yet. Why would a team even THINK this way? Right now, I would rather put Clifford in than Gagne. He's been more game ready than gagne.

#77 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Plus, with this comment, you are admitting defeat. Nothing has been won yet. Why would a team even THINK this way? Right now, I would rather put Clifford in than Gagne. He's been more game ready than gagne.

Is there not a Kings forum online somewhere?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#78 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

"Sutter may also be counting on the move to inject just a little more life into the Staples Center crowd. Gagne missed the final 48 regular-season games with a concussion, so for him to step back onto the ice in the Stanley Cup Final is a pretty inspirational moment. It could bump the crowd from fever pitch to far superior British version of Fever Pitch, and possibly spur the Kings to an early lead. Mind you, considering Los Angeles has only begun to realize they have a team in the last two months, it's also possible they have no idea who Gagne even is. Ba-zing."
http://sports.yahoo....-190052176.html

believe-elias.jpg

#79 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#80 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Devils just find a way! We fight hard all season long and all playoff long! do it again tonight! Get somes goal and come back in the series! I believe in this team, i truly believe ! This is Team !

Kovalchuk Will be on the board!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users