GUYS MAYBE IF WE JUST PASS MORE WE CAN SCORE

#142 NJDF

NJDF

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

So frustrating. C'mon guys! Where are our offensive leaders?

GO DEVILS!!!

#143 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

We just don't have any puck luck. A couple of those shots on the powerplay were close to being goals. I'm not neccesarily upset with our performance, there. Kovalchuk is definetly trying to force things, I think its because hes been getting so much flack for not shooting, and now hes gone from one "extreme" to another.

Edited by Sneax, 04 June 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#144 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts

Ugh, that wasted 5-on-3 hurt. Just gotta keep playin', pushing,

#145 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Disgraceful!!! Nobody wants the puck. All scared Sh**less!!!

#146 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Maybe if LA pulled all their forwards and defensemen off the ice and allowed the Devils to shoot on Quick one after another, maybe then we'd finally score a goal. Just maybe. :puke:

#147 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

The NBC sports people are just absolutely terrible. They are the human example of the devils power play. This Liam (Howard the duck) with his stats thinks he is the announcer from "little big league"

Well, at least it is still zero zero. It feels like we are being dominated by the kings but what have they done so far in terms of controlling the play?

#148 Metal_King

Metal_King

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Dude, it's just completely odd that you, a Kings fan, is on a Devils forum.

It was recommended by a long time 20 year friend in Plymouth Meeting PA....A Devils fan. My wife actually offered him a ticket to game 3 IF he could fly out here.

He said you guys "would welcome" me since "many" members on the site are "really cool" and "love to talk unbiased hockey."

Sounds like he was wrong.

And you know what? Being on letsgokings where everyone just agrees with one another is flat out boring. I've had my share of that site.

They say variety is the spice of life. Sorry to sh!t on your parade.

You know what? I take that back. THELASTONEALIVE welcomed me in another thread. Not all of you are hateful.

Edited by Metal_King, 04 June 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Black Sabbath started it, Iron Maiden perfected it.

#149 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Devils are leaderless right now. No Claude Lemieux, Jamie Langenbrunner or Scott Stevens to ride. Nobody. Marty is the only thing close to calm out there. What a shame too, because we just beat two better teams to get here and now we're playing like cheerleaders in the Super Bowl. Somebody better man up...... NOW!
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#150 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

It was recommended by a long time 20 year friend in Plymouth Meeting PA....A Devils fan. My wife actually offered him a ticket to game 3 IF he could fly out here.

He said you guys "would welcome" me since "many" members on the site are "really cool" and "love to talk unbiased hockey."

Sounds like he was wrong.

And you know what? Being on letsgokings where everyone just agrees with one another is flat out boring. I've had my share of that site.

They say variety is the spice of life. Sorry to sh!t on your parade.

Guy, it's the cup finals. After the series come back here and talk unbiased hockey.

#151 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

off topic, but the redhead chick in the Wendy's commerical really does it for me.

#152 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Devils are leaderless right now. No Claude Lemieux, Jamie Langenbrunner or Scott Stevens to ride. Nobody. Marty is the only thing close to calm out there. What a shame too, because we just beat two better teams to get here and now we're playing like cheerleaders in the Super Bowl. Somebody better man up...... NOW!

There might be something to this. Although we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. A Claude Lemieux would be nice right about now. The devils are playing well in terms of controlling the puck but there isn't that guy who can put fear in anybody, who can lead from a heart and soul aspect

#153 CaptainScotty

CaptainScotty

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

I totally agree with Troy, really missing some leadership here, and I think the team is forcing it from Kovalchuk.

I'll admit, he is a gifted goal scorer, but he just doesnt have the mental tenacity to carry a team. Zidlicky falls in the same category. Like Kovy, he has a gift for making plays, but when the going gets tough he gets lost and scared.

If I were Deboer, I'd cut Kovy's minutes down, give em to Zach, and run the first PP unit with Greene and Fayne and Kovy on left wing. He likes to shoot so much from that sharp angle, might as well have him do it as a wing.

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Guy, it's the cup finals. After the series come back here and talk unbiased hockey.

Yeah well it'd be just 'weird' if a Kings fan posted on a Devils board when we weren't playing them.

I don't know why you guys are so ethnocentric around here. Would it be the worst thing in the world to have fans of other teams contribute something?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I don't care one way or another, but the whole Kings fans jumping right onto the board after the game 2 loss left a bad taste in my mouth.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#156 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yeah well it'd be just 'weird' if a Kings fan posted on a Devils board when we weren't playing them.

I don't know why you guys are so ethnocentric around here. Would it be the worst thing in the world to have fans of other teams contribute something?

Guy shows up during the finals on the opposing teams message board and wonders why he isn't welcomed with open arms by everybody. Maybe I'm missing something

#157 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

I don't think this is correct usage of the term "ethnocentric"

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#158 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

It would be nice if the fourth line could play all game. Seriously it's like the line from Rudy where the coach says that he wished he could put Rudy's heart in all of his players

#159 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

how hard is it to elevate your shot!?

Edited by slasher72, 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#160 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Wow, the kings would be nothing without quick. Wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Amazing goalie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users