Photo

Pick your poison

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your poison (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What would be easier to endure?

1. Getting swept for the first time in club's history (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

2. Losing in 5 and watching the Kings celebrate with the Cup at the Rock (34 votes [72.34%])

Percentage of vote: 72.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

I will never accept a sweep if I can avoid it. In fact, if I am going to lose, not letting the Kinks celebrate in front of their own fans would be just fine by me. This is war.... Errr, hockey folks...... Take no prisoners.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#42 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Would love a game 5 (or 6 or 7) but I'd absolutely hate to see their asses skating around on our ice with the cup. fvck no. If we must lose out, I'd rather it be out there. Honestly, if there really isn't any chance we can come back, I'd just want it to be over so we can stop hoping and guessing and all that. I'd rather we didn't lose out at all though. Not giving up hope here, but it's just damn rough to get up for this when we're doing so terrible out there.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#43 MoKovy

MoKovy

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

if you gave up on the team even after a 3-0 deficit you're not a true fan. Like Parise said Its not over till someones won a fourth game ill believe till that happens.

#44 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

If we win game 4....and they win it on our ice,I hope we as Devils fans can be as nice to the Kings as the Dallas fans were to our players.

Edited by hit the post, 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#45 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

If we win game 4....and they win it on our ice,I hope we as Devils fans can be as nice to the Kings as the Dallas fans were to our players.

Lets hope. As we know not everyone is rational especially when there is a lot of emotion.

815631765.gif

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

I wouldn't worry about us being nice to the Kings, I'd worry about us throwing things at Bettman.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Push it to 6 at least....

I would hate to see the Cup skated by LA on our ice...but I rather see that than see us go down in flames in a sweep...

LET'S GO DEVILS

This is where I'm at. If the Devs gotta go down, I'd rather it be in 6 games than the other 3 alternatives. Anything else would be way too painful; losing in 6 would suck too, but at least it would be somewhat palatable. As it is, I'm seriously considering not watching Game 4 and instead heading out to a bar to celebrate my friend's birthday... and I *hate* bars, especially crowded ones (which this one almost always is; it's a popular burrito joint that's usually packed).
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users