Photo

If Zach Parise doesn't score next game....

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I hope he is not re-signed....sorry, just not worth the money. "Captain" Posted Image Wednesday is his last chance to lead this team.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

keep in mind that Zach is like second highest in playoff points on the team this season. In addition, he's the second Captain in team history to lead the Devils to the SCF.

That being said if he walks, he walks. Give the "C" to Kovy.

This is leadership:

Posted Image

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#3 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Let's not freak out. We only scored two goals in those three games. Everyone's to blame and you don't walk away from re-signing one of your biggest stars because he had bad finals (not over yet) after leading the team there.

#4 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

keep in mind that Zach is like second highest in playoff points on the team this season. In addition, he's the second Captain in team history to lead the Devils to the SCF.

Lead is a tough word. I'm not sure Zach was the make or break of our team, even though the players said so. I like Zach Parise a lot. I just don't think he is worth the huge contract he is going to get. If he had a big SCF that might have changed my mind but instead he has failed completely. There are 2 parts to me wanting Zach on this team: his skill as a player and how good of a Devils captain he is. His skill has gone down and he didn't show up in the SCF and wasn't so great in the ECF. As for his "playoff points" - being on a finals team helps you move up by virtue of TOI and elimination of competition and so do empty net goals.

Let's not freak out. We only scored two goals in those three games. Everyone's to blame and you don't walk away from re-signing one of your biggest stars because he had bad finals (not over yet) after leading the team there.

As you can see from my above post, I'm not freaking out at all. been thinking about this for awhile.

Edited by ben00rs, 04 June 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#5 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

oh stop...the team hasn't had a shred of luck. Zach has tried, he's played hard. This is not on him
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Rationality and clear thinking at it's finest.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#7 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Oh please! Seems there were other players, making big bucks, that haven't shown up. Shall we trade them because they aren't worth the money since they didn't do what you think they should have to win a series? A series that isn't over yet?

Yes, let's get rid of Elias, Kovy, and Brodeur, and any other veteran player who hasn't led. Those A's on the sweaters mean something. Marty has experience. Zack has had the same issues on the ice as the rest of the team. Of course, we don't know what any of them do in the locker room. That is where leadership begins.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#8 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Parise is not a true game changer.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#9 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Zach has worked extremely hard and played very well in these playoffs. Whatever happens in the rest of this series, we should really hope he stays. Sometimes all the will in the world can't buy you a goal.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 04 June 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#10 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Silly knee jerk reaction thread. Zach is an elite player but he's lacking confidence right now...something the whole team is missing. If you can't recognize that he's a top level player then I question your hockey knowledge.

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Although I said he is not a true game changer, I still 100% want him on this team.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Don't worry, Kovy can play his natural LW next year when Zach is in Detroit or Minnesota. #silverlining

#13 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Oh please! Seems there were other players, making big bucks, that haven't shown up. Shall we trade them because they aren't worth the money since they didn't do what you think they should have to win a series? A series that isn't over yet?

Yes, let's get rid of Elias, Kovy, and Brodeur, and any other veteran player who hasn't led. Those A's on the sweaters mean something. Marty has experience. Zack has had the same issues on the ice as the rest of the team. Of course, we don't know what any of them do in the locker room. That is where leadership begins.

Elias is 36 years old. He can't be expected to rise and shoulder the load in June. Kovy is injured and signed already. Marty played about as well as he could have played the first two games to no success. Parise is our captain in the prime of his career and about to get a huge contract. I'm not saying send him off in shame....I'm saying he isn't worth us signing him to that contract. A "Scott Stevens" leadership moment in the SCF could have changed that and like I said in the OP - could still change that.

Edited by ben00rs, 04 June 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#14 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Although I said he is not a true game changer, I still 100% want him on this team.

I wonder who you think is a "true game changer" in the NHL today? The term just makes no sense to me.

#15 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

He's not an NHL Playoff elite player.

He will command big $s.. not sure he is worth it
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#16 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

I wonder who you think is a "true game changer" in the NHL today? The term just makes no sense to me.

Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Johnathan Quick, Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown etc, etc, etc.

#17 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Elias is 36 years old. He can't be expected to rise and shoulder the load in June. Kovy is injured and signed already. Marty played about as well as he could have played the first two games to no success. Parise is our captain in the prime of his career and about to get a huge contract. I'm not saying send him off in shame....I'm saying he isn't worth us signing him to that contract. A "Scott Stevens" leadership moment in the SCF could have changed that and like I said in the OP - could still change that.

So Zach should start taking runs at people in open ice? Zach has played his game about as well as he can. So far as I've seen, he hasn't made any egregious errors out on the ice or shown any signs at all that he's giving anything less than 100% effort. I understand that you want him to magically just force the team to win, but I don't see how you can fault him at all for the team being down 3-0 right now. The Kings want to win too, and they are a very good team. No matter how much Zach wants to win and no matter how much he leaderships the crap out of our players, you just can't win when the other team is this hot and getting all the breaks their way.

#18 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Right now in my opinion Kopitar, Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Stamkos, Giroux, Karlsson...I could go on.

I really do not think Parise is worth a contract that would be similar to these guys but he is going to get it somewhere.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 June 2012 - 10:49 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#19 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

If we lose Zach start courting Crosby. He is UFA after next season. :dance:

#20 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Elias is 36 years old. He can't be expected to rise and shoulder the load in June. Kovy is injured. Marty played about as well as he could have played the first two games to no success. Parise is our captain in the prime of his career and about to get a huge contract. I'm not saying send him off in shame....I'm saying he isn't worth us signing him to that contract. A "Scott Stevens" leadership moment in the SCF could have changed that.

I am not buying one iota of that. What about the other veterans, especially those that have Stanley Cup rings? btw Kovy got a really large contract and never won anything. If Kovy is injured then get his sorry ass off the ice. Elias and being 36 mean diddly. Stevens was 36 in 2000 when we won the cup in 2000 and 39 in 2003. Daneyko was 36 in 2000 and 39 in 2003. Joe Nieuwendyk was 37. Not buying the age thing. Sorry.

Edited by StarDew, 04 June 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users