Does the league owe the Devils an apology?

'7'

Parise and Kovalchuk owe us all apologies

I am sorry but I cannot blame Kovalchuk. Leads the playoffs in points, and if he was 100% our team would be so much better. He is obviously hurt which is a shame because he had an amazing year and he yearly transformed his game. He gets a pass in my book. We do not know if Parise is hurt or not so right now he will get all of the attention.

The first goal stunk but I doubt this team would win game 3. Even they dominated after the 4th goal with their usual forechecking, but they came up empty-handed. The team lacks the finish touch and that happened against Philly and NY where there were numerous games the Devils could easily blow the game wide open. The Kings are equal to the Devils but they are capable of finishing.

If a professional team goes down by 1 goal and can't overcome that. Then they have no one to blame but themselves.

Too simplistic, this wasn't about one game. The call last night was the straw that broke the camel's back after two frustrating OT losses and not scoring early last night either. Doesn't mean we wouldn't have lost anyway, we probably would have. But having the standard for what blows a play dead change so dramatically mid-game was infuriating.

So btw were homer Pierre and Eddie, who were worse than the refs. If anyone owes anyone an apology it's NBC owing Devils fans one for their clearly biased coverage.

Too simplistic, this wasn't about one game. The call last night was the straw that broke the camel's back after two frustrating OT losses and not scoring early last night either. Doesn't mean we wouldn't have lost anyway, we probably would have. But having the standard for what blows a play dead change so dramatically mid-game was infuriating.

So btw were homer Pierre and Eddie, who were worse than the refs. If anyone owes anyone an apology it's NBC owing Devils fans one for their clearly biased coverage.

I hear you but that blown call should've pissed them off, got their blood boiling, and made them play with reckless abandon instead of losing their confidence and allowing the Kings to get in their heads for the rest of the game.

I hear you but that blown call should've pissed them off, got their blood boiling, and made them play with reckless abandon instead of losing their confidence and allowing the Kings to get in their heads for the rest of the game.

Yea and the refs tired to give them as many PP's as they can, They knew they blew the call

I didn't like that first goal, but everyone who's saying that that goal wasn't the reason we lost is right.

I also don't like Dustin Brown. Every shift, he's throwing a fist or elbow in someone's face, holding someone's stick, or douchebagging it up in some other manner. I'd like to see one zebra assigned to him all game long, just to watch every little douche move he pulls. But that ain't gonna happen.

Win or lose, I'd like to see someone just flatten that little punk.

I didn't like that first goal, but everyone who's saying that that goal wasn't the reason we lost is right.

You really don't know that. It's a logical fallacy to say that if they hadn't been given that free goal, we still would have lost 3-0. If the tables were turned and the Devils were given a gift of a goal after all the hard work and frustration, they would have played with a level of confidence that was absent for the rest of the game because of the first goal. I'm not making excuses or saying that's definitely why we lost, just that we can't say that it definitely isn't why we lost either. Every goal in the SCF is absolutely huge (especially the first in the game) and blowing one like the refs did is unacceptable whether we eventually lose 1-0 or 10-0.

That said, an apology would not make me feel any better. Get the calls right the first time.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

I recall that Pandolfo goal again the Sens in the 03 playoffs that was just a blatant miss...I believe the league came out and apologized (we still won 1-0)

In this instance, we lost 4-0, but it's still no excuse for them to just outright hand LA goal #1 and get the ball rolling for them.

The puck was under Brodeurs pad...since when are players allowed to swat away at the goalies pad, push him, and jar the puck loose. And if the ref didn't see the puck, isn't it his responsibility to blow the whistle?

If the puck is under a goalies pad...you cannot just jam away at it until it comes loose. No way that goal should've counted

Everyone please stop whining. It was a good goal. I don't want it to be a good goal but it was the right call.

That call didn't bother me. We often get on the refs for blowing the whistle too soon. Well, the puck wasn't frozen and they knocked it in. That's the way it goes.

Exactly

ill trade that backbreaker of a bullsh!t goal for all the powerplays in the world.

edit:no excuse

we would have had a 5 on 5 game instead

doughty gets away with a ton of sh!t too and watching quick get warned by the ref to shut his trap was embarrassing for everyone.

Edited by lazer

Everyone please stop whining. It was a good goal. I don't want it to be a good goal but it was the right call.

Exactly

That was not a good call, and former goalies Weekes and Pang on the NHL Network agreed there should have been a whistle. Controlling the puck under your pad should get just as quick a whistle as controlling it with your glove.

In what universe was that a good goal? The puck was obviously frozen.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
69.6 Rebounds and Loose Pucks ... In the event that a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck by an attacking player after making a stop, the goal will be disallowed. If applicable, appropriate penalties will be assessed.

In the event that the puck is under a player in or around the crease area (deliberately or otherwise), a goal cannot be scored by pushing this player together with the puck into the goal.

78.5 Disallowed Goals - (v) When an attacking player has interfered with a goalkeeper in his goal crease.
78.5 Disallowed Goals - (xii) When the Referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle.

At 1:31 anyone with a functioning eyeball can clearly see that Broduer has the puck covered and it's frozen. It's a terrible call, it's not why we lost but sheesh can we agree a spade is a spade?

Edited by squishyx

Maybe the league really owes us a SC Final goaltender that lets in goals like the guys we faced in the first 3 rounds (Theo/Clemmer, Bryz & Queen) !

We're down 3-0, fair & square because we failed to score last night.

Edited by BlueSkirt

85.3 Puck Out of Sight - Should a scramble take place or a player accidentally fall on the puck and the puck be out of sight of the Referee, he shall immediately blow his whistle and stop the play. The puck shall then be faced-off at the nearest face-off spot in the zone where the play was stopped unless otherwise provided for in the rules.

The worst was having to listen to Eddie O going, "Well the ref must have been able to see the puck or he would have blown the whistle" while we all watch a replay that clearly shows the ref couldn't see the puck. :lol:

Eddie O has been an embarrassment as an analyst. Can someone hire him as a coach? Based on his analysis, his coaching advice would be "Get the puck to the net"

It seemed like the officials were entirely too reactionary last night. It was almost as if they realized they were hair trigger blowing the whistle when Quick merely touched the puck twice. Then they overcompensated by letting them whack at Marty several times. Then they realized they screwed us and tried to give us every call known to man. Then the ratio of penalties was so ridiculously in our favor, they had to give them a couple of late calls, dives or not.

THANK YOU!!!! I was wondering if I was the only one who notices this.... if that isn't a sign a bad officiating, I don't know what is. And this, my friends, is the Stanley Cup! Supposedly the best NHL has to offer is on display, including the officials. Sad.

I also don't like Dustin Brown. Every shift, he's throwing a fist or elbow in someone's face, holding someone's stick, or douchebagging it up in some other manner. I'd like to see one zebra assigned to him all game long, just to watch every little douche move he pulls. But that ain't gonna happen.

Win or lose, I'd like to see someone just flatten that little punk.

Problem is we dont have anybody to do that. . . I totally agree though he needs to get te crap kicked out of him. Lord knows we are without a real Physical presence. Clarkson who used to play witha chip and throw his body around has become a 30 goal scorer now (in his mind too)

No apology needed. NJD had enough PPs to get back into the game they just didn't get it done. I am sure had Parise scored that goal and not the Kings plenty of people here would be complementing on how much of a hard worker he is and how he never gives up on a play and all that. Bad calls happen, and while NJ lost ALL the momentum they had, pretty much controlling the play, that goal isn't the reason they lost. Sometimes, though it is hard, you just got to see with your eyes and not your heart. They failed. :evilcry: