Bench Kovalchuk

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

92 members have voted

1. 1. Bench Kovalchuk?

+1

We have noone else even remotely close to Kovys shooting and passing ability, even now that he is clearly hurt. The question is whether his injury makes him so much of a defensive liability that it's not worth the gamble. Considering we are playing game 6 of the SCF and he is the league leader in playoff points, I'd say the answer pretty much gives itself.

The best Kovy I saw this year was the hat trick game against the Islanders. He was flying all over the ice making great passes, good decisions, and he wanted the puck every shift. Just imagine if we had that guy right now, our top line would be rolling.

The best Kovy I saw this year was the hat trick game against the Islanders. He was flying all over the ice making great passes, good decisions, and he wanted the puck every shift. Just imagine if we had that guy right now, our top line would be rolling.

Our top line would be better, but to be fair to Kovy and the Kings here...

LA is only about 15x better than the Isles, lol

+1

We have noone else even remotely close to Kovys shooting and passing ability, even now that he is clearly hurt. The question is whether his injury makes him so much of a defensive liability that it's not worth the gamble. Considering we are playing game 6 of the SCF and he is the league leader in playoff points, I'd say the answer pretty much gives itself.

He is hurt I am sure of it, but while he doesnt have the jump. He appears to be more thoughtful of defence knowing he is playing injured.

Our top line would be better, but to be fair to Kovy and the Kings here...

LA is only about 15x better than the Isles, lol

Lol obviously, but just the speed and tenacity he showed during that stretch of games was incredible. It would really make a difference right now.

I feel horrible for this dude. This is a guy that knows a ton about the history of this league and has dreamed of being in this position and he's not even an 1/8 of what he really is out there. He has come miles from what he was when he first got here. He is a complete hockey player now. People who don't watch this team all the time like we do have no clue what he has turned himself in to. If we had the Kovy that transitioned into what we now know of him this series would have been over already and there would another silver thingy up there on this sites banner. I only hope we get him back in time to make the playoffs next year...

I feel horrible for this dude. This is a guy that knows a ton about the history of this league and has dreamed of being in this position and he's not even an 1/8 of what he really is out there. He has come miles from what he was when he first got here. He is a complete hockey player now. People who don't watch this team all the time like we do have no clue what he has turned himself in to. If we had the Kovy that transitioned into what we now know of him this series would have been over already and there would another silver thingy up there on this sites banner. I only hope we get him back in time to make the playoffs next year...

I'd be okay with him making whatever contributions he can next week and his teammates picking him up. :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: