Photo

Devils Financial Woes on Verge of Being Solved?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Dammit. Double Post.

Edited by DevsMan84, 08 June 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#62 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

There's already a team for sale that's way easier to move out of their current market. The Devils aren't going anywhere.

It's also worth noting that there seem to be no shortage of investors who would be thrilled to keep the Coyotes where they are if they can secure the same sweetheart deal from Glendale as the Devils got from Newark.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#63 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Can a moderator excise the American Idol-Apprentice-Trump tangent out of this thread? Donald Trump doesn't buy bankrupt properties, he only builds them. thanks.

:rofl: Thnx, I needed a good chuckle. :cheers:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#64 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's also worth noting that there seem to be no shortage of investors who would be thrilled to keep the Coyotes where they are if they can secure the same sweetheart deal from Glendale as the Devils got from Newark.

The Glendale deals being proposed would be way sweeter than the Newark deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#65 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

How can you tell? The Devils' deal with Newark and operating structure is shrouded in dummy corporations, Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island tax shelters, hidden ninjas, greed, lust, unbridled enthusiasm and Billy Mumphry.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#66 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

How can you tell? The Devils' deal with Newark and operating structure is shrouded in dummy corporations, Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island tax shelters, hidden ninjas, greed, lust, unbridled enthusiasm and Billy Mumphry.

trump was here
Posted Image

#67 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

AFAIK, the only way it could be sweeter is if Glendale pays the Coyotes to play there. The Devils lease is about $600k/year when you factor in what Newark has to guarantee back in parking revenue.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#68 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

AFAIK, the only way it could be sweeter is if Glendale pays the Coyotes to play there. The Devils lease is about $600k/year when you factor in what Newark has to guarantee back in parking revenue.

They do.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users