Photo

EURO 2012

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Poll: EURO 2012 (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the EURO 2012?

1. England (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

2. Spain (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. Germany (6 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

4. Italy (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

5. France (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

6. Portugal (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Russia (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Ukraine (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Netherlands (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

10. Greece (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Denmark (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

12. Czech Republic (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Poland (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

14. Croatia (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Sweden (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

16. Republic of Ireland (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

The 185 battles is with french only
and why will i take out the Napoleon & Louis XIV battles ? ; )

#62 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

The 185 battles is with french only
and why will i take out the Napoleon & Louis XIV battles ? ; )

Those are the only French kings/emperors who actually conquered sh!t in the past 800 years.

Anyways let's go Germany!

#63 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Those are the only French kings/emperors who actually conquered sh!t in the past 800 years.

Still i don't see your point there... Even if that was true, why remove them from the total ?
And of course, it's false... You obviously forgot about Philippe Auguste, Henri IV, Louis XIII (you may know " Le cardinal de Richelieu" who was his prime minister) and so many more...

Anyways let's go Germany!

Oh about the Euro ? Yep... Go Germany ! We agree on that...
I root for them. Mostly coz i always was a fan of this team... and also coz they are the best chance to beat Spain !

#64 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Aaah Mario...
https://twitter.com/...8/photo/1/large

#65 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Tonights game

#66 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Loew with a really purposeful team selection. Germany flying out the blocks.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#67 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

25 minutes gone and it should be about 4-0.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#68 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

1-0 Germany!!!! Lahm!!!

#69 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Loew with a really purposeful team selection. Germany flying out the blocks.

Right after I picked Podolski over Kolse for my fantasy team this round, thinking Klose wouldn't start and Podolski would.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#70 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Right after I picked Podolski over Kolse for my fantasy team this round, thinking Klose wouldn't start and Podolski would.

I would imagine Podolski will get a run out in the second half. especially if they keep missing these chances.

Posted Image

#71 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

A well deserved victory for Germany, but for a while it looked like the Greeks might get away with their defend only tactic. Thank goodness they responded quickly to the equalizer.

#72 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

A well deserved victory for Germany, but for a while it looked like the Greeks might get away with their defend only tactic. Thank goodness they responded quickly to the equalizer.

Nice win today, two more to go. It amazes me how many options they have. The team is the youngest of the tournament, but they have an unbelievable coolness. Even after the 1-1 they didn't seem to be nervous at all. Really good. Let's see how they play against England/Italy, but I think whoever they play they have a good chance. There is just so much quality.

#73 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

The way Germany started yesterday, I was stunned it wasn't 3-0 by half. The Greeks had some moments and capitalized on some German laziness.

Germany has looked good, but I don't think they can beat Spain if that final is destined.

#74 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Germany got all they need to beat this Spain team... Spain doesnt like to defend and can't. People against them are usualy afraid of their middlefield & couldn't catch the ball. Germany will not have such a problem and could have a more physical impact...

This is not the same matchup than 2 years ago !

Oh and French team sucks.. so much.
Only good point, hopefully we will get ride of Laurent Blanc !

#75 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Spain have given up 1 goal this entire tournament! They're still the team to beat IMO. Germany has lapses like they did against Greece and they will lose to Spain.

#76 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Spain have given up 1 goal this entire tournament! They're still the team to beat IMO. Germany has lapses like they did against Greece and they will lose to Spain.

I agree Spain is still the team to beat. After all, they are the world and european champions. However, if you look at the so called defensive lapses again you will see that the first Greek goal should never have counted and goal two was, well, a penalty that I guess according to the rules is a penalty. But it wasn't a scoring chance and s.th. like that could happen anytime in any game. I wouldn't call that a laps. Now, in case you wonder why the first goal shouldn't have counted, carefully look at Boateng and Samaras running into the penalty area. Boateng is AHEAD of Samaras by a foot or so until Samaras clearly holds Boatengs jersey. Suddenly, Samaras is ahead, gets to the cross and puts it in. The referee doesn't see it because he has his eyes on the ball.

#77 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

The way Germany started yesterday, I was stunned it wasn't 3-0 by half. The Greeks had some moments and capitalized on some German laziness.

Germany has looked good, but I don't think they can beat Spain if that final is destined.

I agree with you. Spain looked scary good against France. I don’t think Germany is at their level yet

#78 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

what are your opinions on the criticism Spain is getting for waiting patiently and then striking when the team is not expecting it. i read a few places where they call it boring. i am getting the same vibe as the criticisms for the Devil's Trap back in the day

#79 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

I agree with you. Spain looked scary good against France. I don’t think Germany is at their level yet

Really ? They didn't look good at all against us... they could have done a much better job versus such a passive french team.
oh yes, they have won everything... but i wasn't impress at all so far. their better game was versus italia and i'm not too sure yet who was the better team there. they should have been eliminated against croatia, but referee screwed big time...

but yes, they always win so far. but when the other team really try to move them, they are in trouble.

Even french, without such a coward coach, could have do much better... so go figure with germany. and spain D got no answer to christiano ronaldo... and portugal will be a better treat against their arch enemy

#80 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Spain have been awful. Germany have played the bt out of any team i have seen.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users