28 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

If 2 of our post doinkers in games 1 and 2 go in, it's 3-1 Devils coming back to the Rock. Yeah, if my bicycle had an extra wheel it'd be my tricycle, but still. Every game (regardless of game 3's score) has been close, we've competed with this "unbeatable" team, and we were unfortunate enough to face the hottest playoff team in the last 30 years of the sport. Quick is a feckin wall right now. If you don't think the Devils are trying, you're just a moron.

And yes, PhillyDev, I am looking at you.

Missed you, darth

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#22 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Not wanting it enough? Seriously? You're acting like we got blown out in all 3 loses. Games 1 and 2 we lost in ot. Those games could have easily went our way but they didn't.

You don't wait until Game 4 of the SCF to start playing. Games 1 through 3 the Devs shot low on Quick, and he just ate the puck up. We lost in OT twice because the Devs didn't know how to solve Quick. Quick kept making easy saves until his team blew one by Marty. We probably could've won one of those games if the Devs would've done their homework BEFORE the series.
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#23 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

You don't wait until Game 4 of the SCF to start playing. Games 1 through 3 the Devs shot low on Quick, and he just ate the puck up. We lost in OT twice because the Devs didn't know how to solve Quick. Quick kept making easy saves until his team blew one by Marty. We probably could've won one of those games if the Devs would've done their homework BEFORE the series.

There was that pesky Rangers series going on. They didn't do a terrible job adjusting -- some of their high shots happened to miss. The Queens are playing good defense. Give some credit where it's due rather than insulting the team you claim to root for. Somebody has to lose every game, and since the playoffs started, that team has usually been whomever the Queens are playing. Devils didn't "start playing" Thursday. They could have won any of the first 3 games. A combination of bad puck luck and good play by the other team contributes much more to being down 3-0 (now 3-1) than the Devils fvcking up.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#24 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

If 2 of our post doinkers in games 1 and 2 go in, it's 3-1 Devils coming back to the Rock. Yeah, if my bicycle had an extra wheel it'd be my tricycle, but still. Every game (regardless of game 3's score) has been close, we've competed with this "unbeatable" team, and we were unfortunate enough to face the hottest playoff team in the last 30 years of the sport. Quick is a feckin wall right now. If you don't think the Devils are trying, you're just a moron.

And yes, PhillyDev, I am looking at you.

And don't forget the empty net Fayne missed. You're right. If that happened, we'd be in the driver's seat, but it didn't. What if and what is are two totally different things. I don't fault guys for hitting iron. But you can bet I'm gonna raise hell when the Devils' coaches and players don't prepare for the SCF until Game 4. Marty, you're exempt from this rant. Quick and the Kings aren't as good as the Devils made them look. If the Devs get 45 or more shots on Quick and use plenty of rebounds and deflections, they'll win the next game and Quick's wall will crumble. Then all the Devs have to do is rinse and repeat twice more, and that Cup is ours.

#25 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Who cares? Devils in 7. Just win one game.

#26 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Who cares? Devils in 7. Just win one game.

I care, because Marty has been standing on his head all series, while his teammates are on vacation. If Marty allows just one soft goal, the Kings could win. Marty only stops pucks. He can't skate down the ice and score goals, too. He needs a little offensive support. I want him to win his fourth Cup. He's such a nice and talented guy. I met him at a book signing. I don't see him retiring for another 10 years or more. He's in great shape and loves to play. I want him to keep breaking records and win 10 Cups.

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

I care, because Marty has been standing on his head all series, while his teammates are on vacation. If Marty allows just one soft goal, the Kings could win. Marty only stops pucks. He can't skate down the ice and score goals, too. He needs a little offensive support. I want him to win his fourth Cup. He's such a nice and talented guy. I met him at a book signing. I don't see him retiring for another 10 years or more. He's in great shape and loves to play. I want him to keep breaking records and win 10 Cups.

Dude, three of the four games have been coin flips. The players are hustling. Kovalchuk got crushed early on the forecheck, a hit that I thought would take him out, yet was seen on the next shift finishing checks in deep.

Look at the first goal on Wednesday. Elias, Sykora and Zubrus cycled the puck and won a ton of battles and eventually got rewarded with a goal. Puck luck is starting to turn. When teams are matched this evenly and playing this good whoever is getting the bounces is going to win.

#28 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Again, I reiterate some ignorant kid at a computer thinks he's got the "key insight" that guys that have been playing "world-stage" hockey almost every day of their lives, since they were sipping milk, along with people that have coached and strategized the games for years.... simply have not thought of yet? :giggle:

Yet he somehow sees what few else do from his TV screen.

When will some folks learn that the theater of NHL hockey is far more complex than the simplicities we see.

Although I love talking shop here ..... sometimes I long for the days before the internet.

Edited by DevilinLA, 09 June 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#29 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

I just love that he thinks Marty is gonna play another ten years.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users