Photo

Can we get #4 to drop the puck before Game 5??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

I forgot to post about this, but it pissed me off. I cannot recall seeing another "ceremonious" faceoff before during the Finals...but LA was allowed to have Gretzky come on the ice and drop the puck before Game 3...

Can we have Scotty come on the ice and do the exact thing before Game 5? Or is this privilege only extended to the Kings and "The Great One"?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I forgot to post about this, but it pissed me off. I cannot recall seeing another "ceremonious" faceoff before during the Finals...but LA was allowed to have Gretzky come on the ice and drop the puck before Game 3...

Can we have Scotty come on the ice and do the exact thing before Game 5? Or is this privilege only extended to the Kings and "The Great One"?

I imagine that NBC had something to do with it.

Really though, who cares. If a ceremonial puck drop has any impact on how the Devils play, we might as well forfeit the series and get our money back.

This is just another one of those, "whoa is me", "the media and the league is out to get us" threads that get more and more tedious as they get churned out.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Maybe we could go a step further, and have Stevens drop Gretzky :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

I imagine that NBC had something to do with it.

Really though, who cares. If a ceremonial puck drop has any impact on how the Devils play, we might as well forfeit the series and get our money back.

This is just another one of those, "whoa is me", "the media and the league is out to get us" threads that get more and more tedious as they get churned out.

I'm not blaming our play, our crediting theirs to this. I agree it has 0 impact on the game. But in terms of getting the fans excited, if they were allowed to do it, we should also be allowed.

That would be a lovely sight!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm not blaming our play, our crediting theirs to this. I agree it has 0 impact on the game. But in terms of getting the fans excited, if they were allowed to do it, we should also be allowed.

I'm perfectly happy with them just getting to the action.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#6 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I agree it was a classless act by the Kings. Ceremonial puck drops are for game one only. Really ticked me off

#7 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

The Kings organization, and the entire city of LA, are the reason why plastic surgery and the rampid use of recreational drugs are prevalent in this world. The only good thing to ever come out of LA was Lt. Frank Dreben of Police Squad.

:giggle:

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

I agree it was a classless act by the Kings. Ceremonial puck drops are for game one only. Really ticked me off

"Classless act"? Are you serious? Dude, take a xanax and chill the fvck out.
Posted Image

#9 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Lame. Wayne Gretzky is the game's greatest player. It was a big deal. Scott Stevens, while a great defenseman, would water it down.
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#10 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Now this I likes :cheers:

Lame. Wayne Gretzky is the game's greatest player. It was a big deal. Scott Stevens, while a great defenseman, would water it down.

:troll1:
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#11 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am sure if the Devils requested something similar, it would have been approved. A ceremonial puck drop takes all of a minute. It was a harmless gesture that involved the greatest player to ever play the game. They used to waste much more time introducing the rosters of both teams before games 1 and 3. The only thing that bothered me about it is that the Devils didn't do it for the games in NJ.
Posted Image

#12 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

"Classless" act - seriously? He's the greatest player to play of the last 30 years.

If it was Neids or Kenny you would have been fine with it.

Get over it.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

I don't think it was classless, but I just want our legend to be able to do a puck drop. That's all, nothing more, nothing less...

#14 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

That would have been great. He skates out before game 3, trucks Gretzky, and looks over at the Kings' bench to tell Dustin Brown "you're next."

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#15 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

That would have been great. He skates out before game 3, trucks Gretzky, and looks over at the Kings' bench to tell Dustin Brown "you're next."

:cheers:

Now THAT'D be some EXCELLENT television!

#16 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've heard of this Gretzky fellow.
It's the whiskey talking.

#17 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

"Classless" act - seriously? He's the greatest player to play of the last 30 years.

Yea absolute joke to call it "classless" lol. Total overreaction, but to fix what you said, he's the greatest player ever. Theres really no debate.

#18 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I've heard of this Gretzky fellow.

I don't get it... Brent Gretzky played what, 13 NHL games total? And we celebrate Gretzky as the greatest player? Someone told me it wasn't Brent, but his brother... but Keith didn't even make it, but claims to have taught his brother 'everything he knows'... /shrug Don't get it.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#19 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

get taylor stevens to drop the puck
Posted Image

#20 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Get Gretzky's slam piece of a daughter to drop the puck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users