Photo

Can we get #4 to drop the puck before Game 5??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

It was classless because it was game 3... I don't care who did it, ceremonial puck drops are for the opening game not the ones in the middle.

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

It was classless because it was game 3... I don't care who did it, ceremonial puck drops are for the opening game not the ones in the middle.

You guys might have to change your tone on that tonight when we supposedly are going to have a couple of national guard members drop the puck lol.

And really, who cares anyway? A puck drop ceremony takes thirty seconds at most. If Gretzky wasn't cheered on the ice, they'd show him on the jumbotron and cheer him then anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 June 2012 - 09:13 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Let #99 drop the pucks in games 5, 6 and 7 as well. I am sure he jinxed the Kings on Wednesday, maybe it can be done again and again and again.

#24 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Wow, seriously guys.

The Giants and Jets bring former players for the coin toss at big games. The Yankees get HOF'rs to throw out the first pitch before playoff games. Gretzky was invited to drop the puck by the Kings because he's the greatest player to ever wear a Kings uniform and NHL uniform. Don't blame the Kings for being "classless" for a stupid 5 second puck-drop before a finals game. Blame the Devils and Lou for not honoring their own HOF'r in Stevens before Game 1 with a ceremonial puck drop. That's on them not the Kings.

#25 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

I thought it was dumb and a waste of time. I mean, it was game 3 and the series was well under way at that point. But whatever, at this point they should just get to the game. I don't want anything delaying the game starting, its hard enough to wait as it is.

#26 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Holy overreaction batman..Threecups' suggestion was innocent enough.

I'd love to see Stevens drop the puck. Because the Devils should celebrate their legacy in the NHL. Would definitely fire up the fans to see #4 walk out there.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#27 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Wow, some of you need to take the homer glasses off.
Wayne dropped the puck because it was THE FIRST LAK SCF GAME @ HOME IN ABOUT 20 years!

It took 5 seconds.

Now if it was NEids, Dano, or Scotty ask yourself if we would still be having this conversation?

This is a significant moment for LA, and yes Wayne is a part of that - it also represents growth of the game - all of that is good for both the NHL and NJ as well.

Get over it. "Classless" - is when you can't see beyond what affects your own team.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Not to mention that Dan Marino dropped the first puck at game 1 Devils-panthers. These types of classless acts got me so incensed that I was going to write a letter. ThenI realized that I actually didn't care and went on with the rest of my life.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

The term "class" is the most over used word in fandom. LA Kings twitter tweets a jab at NJ, "CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION!" Jonathan Quick embellishes, "CLASSLESS PLAYER!!" Bailey the King of the Jungle hold of Jersey Shore heads, "CLASSLESS MASCOT!!" we all need to lighten up. As for the original post, I'd love to see Scott drop the puck. The crowd would go wild!

#30 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

The term "class" is the most over used word in fandom. LA Kings twitter tweets a jab at NJ, "CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION!" Jonathan Quick embellishes, "CLASSLESS PLAYER!!" Bailey the King of the Jungle hold of Jersey Shore heads, "CLASSLESS MASCOT!!" we all need to lighten up. As for the original post, I'd love to see Scott drop the puck. The crowd would go wild!

Exactly, well put.

There are other franchises in the NHL you know.

.....and they like to take a brief moments to honor their traditions or history as well. Is it really all that bad?

Edited by DevilinLA, 09 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#31 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Maybe we could go a step further, and have Stevens drop Gretzky :)

Oh yea, now you're talking!
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#32 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

It doesn't take any time. Zach has to stand for 5 extra seconds, not the end of the world. I wouldn't mind seeing this every game of the finals if you had enough good players. We could do Scotty, Nieds, Dano, and maybe Sarge since he has 3 Cups.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users