#1 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Verdict: Bad call, Clarkson has class.

"I want to also commend David Clarkson for remaining focused on his task and for not blowing up when Drew Doughty scored just four seconds into the power play. I have seen players totally lose their cool in situations such as this and take themselves out of the game. Clarkson made a terrific play on Adam Henrique's game-winning goal. This speaks to the character of Clarkson and he is a champion in my books."

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...aser/?id=397870

Edited by smelly, 08 June 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#2 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Verdict: Bad call, Clarkson has class.

"I want to also commend David Clarkson for remaining focused on his task and for not blowing up when Drew Doughty scored just four seconds into the power play. I have seen players totally lose their cool in situations such as this and take themselves out of the game. Clarkson made a terrific play on Adam Henrique's game-winning goal. This speaks to the character of Clarkson and he is a champion in my books."

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...aser/?id=397870

I would have probably smashed my stick in the box, and skated towards the refs to completely tell them off. I was surprised myself how Clarkson appeared unfazed by it...

He was probably more in shellshock than anything else...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#3 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

The fact that they were shining the cup before the start of the third period was very disturbing. Conspiracy? Naaaaahhhh... :blink:

Hey, if it worked in our favor, let them do it again...

#4 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

The fact that they were shining the cup before the start of the third period was very disturbing. Conspiracy? Naaaaahhhh... :blink:

They have done this for... well, for as long as I could remember. They always showed the cup getting prepared in the 2nd intermission...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

They have to do it to be ready in the event the team with 3 wins actually wins the game...

It also makes for exciting TV...haha

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

It wasn't a conspiracy the other 803095483402389 years that they've shown it on TV. In a cub clinching game, Lord Stanley gets prepared. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

EDIT: sorry, didn't realize two other people had already addressed this. Don't want you to think we're picking on you.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 08 June 2012 - 05:20 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

It was almost like Clarkson knew he was going to set up Henrique later for the goal haha

#8 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Some might say this series lacks snarl as Doc would say, but others call it discipline. Clarkson got the word early on not to start trouble these playoffs didnt he?
It's the whiskey talking.

#9 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Nah if you wanna pick a conspiracy theory why not pick on why the NHL have been announcing a program called "sounds fo the Playoffs" since monday at least.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nah if you wanna pick a conspiracy theory why not pick on why the NHL have been announcing a program called "sounds fo the Playoffs" since monday at least.

a) I don't like conspiracy theories in general
b) huh?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users