#161 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

NO MERCY!!
We we're just as much, or more aggravated when we lost game 1 and 2 in OT. ;)

Yeah I don't want to hear about Game 2 ever again after tonight. We really played a Ranger-style game tonight, from being hemmed in our own end for the majority of the game to blocking shots and being opportunistic.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#162 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yeah I don't want to hear about Game 2 ever again after tonight. We really played a Ranger-style game tonight, from being hemmed in our own end for the majority of the game to blocking shots and being opportunistic.

dont forget the hits

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#163 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well mouse, your audible has proved successful, I praise you.

And let's fvcking goooooo!!! I just got off work so I'll try and find the replay/ highlights and hope to see we played well al around.

We forced a game 6!! Let's goooo!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#164 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

dont forget the hits

True, there was a lot more chippiness than in the first four games.

Looking at the highlights, I can't believe how close Quick actually came to stopping that Zach shot, man. But it's about time we were able to take advantage of his not-so-hot puckhandling. And Zach looked like he was in beast mode tonight, perhaps all the criticism of him not doing much in the first four games got him fired up. But this game was mostly about Marty.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#165 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

sorry if this has been posted already but did anyone catch this? i was watching the game at a sports bar and haven't been online

Posted Image

#166 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Who ARE those headshots of? I saw someone carrying them going down the steps after the game.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 June 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#167 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

sorry if this has been posted already but did anyone catch this? i was watching the game at a sports bar and haven't been online

Posted Image

Hahahaha that's great.

Good, I'm sure there are even more pathetic people from LA that those fans could have held

Edited by Onddeck, 09 June 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#168 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

well there is Lars, but make no mistake this was all zach tonight.
Posted Image

#169 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Missed the game tonight because of a wedding. So glad I get to watch at least one more game this season!
Posted Image

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

What's with all the Kings fans coming out of the woodwork?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#171 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Who ARE those headshots of? I saw someone carrying them going down the steps after the game.

lohan, bieber, and britney..... we could probably fill an arena with all the characters from LA

#172 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

fvck yea thwap!

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#173 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Decent game, let's win and bring it back for Wednesday

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#174 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

What's with all the Kings fans coming out of the woodwork?

If you're referring to the arena tonight, it's not a surprise really. A weekend game with a chance to clinch their first-ever Cup, and especially given the fact tickets plus airfare here are cheaper than tickets there meant a lot of visiting fans tonight. A lot being a relative term, this wasn't anywhere near Ranger fan totals. Probably around the number of Flyer fans that came to the second round (which wasn't in double digits in terms of percentage).

At least our fans were a LOT better than in the first two games tonight.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 June 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#175 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

If you're referring to the arena tonight, it's not a surprise really. A weekend game with a chance to clinch their first-ever Cup, and especially given the fact tickets plus airfare here are cheaper than tickets there meant a lot of visiting fans tonight. A lot being a relative term, this wasn't anywhere near Ranger fan totals. Probably around the number of Flyer fans that came to the second round (which wasn't in double digits in terms of percentage).

At least our fans were a LOT better than in the first two games tonight.

I am not familiar at all with their fan base or if they have strong attendance numbers

#176 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

I don't believe this, but I guess LA is an event town - even so, I still don't believe that tickets + airfare here ends up being cheaper for Kings fans.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#177 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

I just can't believe that a majority of the Kings fans all flew in from somewhere else(not just LA). They've gotta be bandwagoners or some such.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#178 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

I don't believe this, but I guess LA is an event town - even so, I still don't believe that tickets + airfare here ends up being cheaper for Kings fans.

Well tickets were supposedly in the four digits for Game 4, so yeah a thousand plus there is gonna be more expensive than two hundred plus airfare and a hotel here probably, depending on how long you stay and where you fly.

#179 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

One of my best friends got married tonight, so I wasn't able to be at or see the game, but I was following all night on my phone. Just excited they were able to keep it going. Now let's get it back home for game 7.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#180 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Good game tonight. The D is still being too passive and allowing the Kings to walk in the slot and pick corners. Marty was saved by the post 2-3 times tonight. Great two-pad stack breakaway save by Marty. Marty has got to watch his weaker high-stick side. The Kings have been gunning for it and scoring there. We got a gift off the rare Quick slip up behind the net, but we still need more shots and one more goal a game to take some of the pressure off Marty. Keep those rebounds and deflections coming. If the Devils come back and win it in 7, it'll be the greatest comeback in NHL history. Just another achievement for Marty.

Edited by PhillyDev, 10 June 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users