44 replies to this topic

#21 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sat next to 2 Kings' fans who flew in from LA. Long time suffering fans who knew the sport very well. They even bought game 7 tickets, just in case, and have gone into debt just to get out here to see this. Really felt for them as you can just watch the agony unfold as the game went on. Makes you realize how damn lucky we are to root for a team that has been to the promised land multiple times. Just when the agony hits epic proportions by missing the playoffs and throwing doubt that we'll ever be substantial again, gives us an incredible run like this. Damn I love this team...and glad they've rewarded our loyalty with multiple banners hanging from our rafters. We ARE a fortunate bunch, let's never forget that.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#22 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

From Canada? Maybe they started rooting for the Kings when Gretzky was there, who knows.

The original King's owner was Jack Kent Cooke - a Canadian- he also built the Forum. A lot of the original King's fans were Canadian. So, not sure if they got the bug for the Kings from their parents or other relatives, but there may be a connection there - or not.

I grew up in SoCal, but not LA, SD, so I could never root for the Kings!
It's the whiskey talking.

#23 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Most of the kings fans were family members. There were a lot
Devils.

#24 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Rangers fans in disguise.

#25 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was a bandwagon fan at one time. I got hooked on this team watching them march to the Cup in 2000.

I guess it's fair to say I and others my age were all bandwagon fans at one time? I grew up in E Rutherford on Patterson Plank rd. I played hockey as a young kid 7 until about 16 yrs of age at the time I could not stand the Rangers not sure why but to be honest probably because someone I did not like in school was a Rager fan so I chose the Islanders until 1982 I then switched to NJ Devils because they were my team. New Jersey had just brought a hockey team to my hometown it was great. I remember yrs later getting tickets going to almost every game after work for 12$ behind the scoreboards in Brendan Byrne arena then moving down to empty corporate seats at the end of the 1st period. I was officially a Die hard NJ Devils fan. I never felt that way with the Islanders it was hard to get to games and I was younger so I guess I was a bandwagon fan. But never felt that wat with NJ they were my team, and always will be no matter were I live! I started playing hockey again at about 25 in adult leagues in Monsey Ny Sport O Rama i took so much crap for being a Devils fan it was not popular, with our Christmas Tree Jerseys Gretzky calling us a Micky mouse organization ( they even sold tee shirts of Mickey punching Wayne lol... Walking through the cow tunnel at the areana parking lot after playoff games chanting Let's Go Devils!
Great times and Memories.
So LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

#26 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

I didn't talk to a single Kings fans and I had no desire too. I know we will never, ever see this happen but I sure would love to stick all visiting fans in their own section.

Would make it too easy for them to choreograph chants/etc and appear loud in our building....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#27 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Would make it too easy for them to choreograph chants/etc and appear loud in our building....

Haha yea that's like saying you wish that all enemies in a war could be able to congregate and unite

Edited by Onddeck, 10 June 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#28 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I was on the suite level for game 2 and after the game I was walking out to leave and in the distance I saw a guy in a Kings jersey jumping up and down on the Devils log in the carpet AND spitting on it, all while video taping it with his camera phone. My girlfriend(unaware of what I saw) said all she heard was me say not on my watch and next thing she knew I was in full sprint mode. I got to the guy with his head down and for legal purposes let's just say the next thing I knew he was on the ground. He wanted to know why he was now put to the ground. All I said was show some class or next time he might not find such a gentle Devils fan. I then had to perform the great escape as his entourage was all up in arms and had every security guard in the arena trying to find me. Fun night.

#29 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

As I was walking out of the Prudential Center I encountered a big group of Kings fans, about 5 or 6 of them. I asked all of them just a simple question. I asked why did the Kings get rid of their purple and black jerseys early this year and only use the black and silver jerseys. (The Kings got rid of them early this season). I asked this because I always loved the black and purple jersey.

...and their answer was, "whats wrong with purple, you guys wear red why cant the kings wear purple, I love our jerseys and the black and purple jersey is awesome."

I then told them, "you know the Kings got rid of the jerseys early on this season...you guys don't even know that? I know more about your team then you do."

Their response was..."why cant we wear purple, we wore it all year".

So these "passionate fans" did not even know their team got rid of their main jersey. :doh1:
Biggest bandwagon fanbase I have ever encountered. These people do not even know what hockey is, and unfortunately a lot of them showed up at that game.

Dumb post. They didn't claim to be hardcore passionate Kings or hockey fans, mister I think I know hockey but am a telemarketer whose life's purpose is to try and sound forum cool. :doh1:

Edited by PhillyDev, 10 June 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Dumb post. They didn't claim to be hardcore passionate Kings or hockey fans, mister I think I know hockey but am a telemarketer whose life's purpose is to try and sound forum cool. :doh1:

Oh please stop already with this trolling "I know more than these idiots on this forum" sh!t. Your post trying to tell us that the devils logo has NJ in it like we never knew that since the beginning tells a lot.

If anything every single post of yours is about how cool or how you know more than anyone else here except you come across as Master of the Obvious

#31 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Oh please stop already with this trolling "I know more than these idiots on this forum" sh!t. Your post trying to tell us that the devils logo has NJ in it like we never knew that since the beginning tells a lot.

If anything every single post of yours is about how cool or how you know more than anyone else here except you come across as Master of the Obvious

Dude, respect this guy...

He is...

THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#32 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Here I thought it was Master of the Oblivious. :whistling:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

LOL..all I did was share my opinion on the Kings fans I met. It was obviously worth discussing since this thread has 32 replies.

The only one trying to be 'forum cool' is you right now.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 June 2012 - 04:22 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Dude, respect this guy...

He is...

THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD!

Lmao....stay thirsty my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#35 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Lmao....stay thirsty my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

:cheers:

#36 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Had two Kings fans next to me. Being on the end of a row, I'm used to getting up and down, but these two got up about and down, separately every time of course, literally every 8-10 minutes. After the game when the Devils won and they tried to leave, me and my father purposely got in their way while celebrating to make sure they couldn't get out and kept getting in their way when they tried to leave. When they got aggravated, I just smiled and said "See you on Wednesday." fvck 'em. Other than that though, no problems with Kings fans at all. In fact, the two sitting near me at game 1 were incredibly nice and knowledgeable.

believe-devs.jpg

#37 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

i took a cab in nyc with some kings 'fans' to their destination. they didn't say a word of hockey so i assume it was their saturday night thing to do in their trip to nyc.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#38 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Did the Staples Center really have Devils Player cards in each urinal?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#39 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Did the Staples Center really have Devils Player cards in each urinal?

Yessir, and even last season in October.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#40 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

If they put that much thought into hockey operations maybe this wouldn't be their second trip in 43 years!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users