401 replies to this topic

#341 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Anyone think they'll engrave O'Rourke's name on the Cup? The Kings should ask special permission.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#342 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

In the postgame show on MSG+, Steve, Chico and Dano seemed to be giving Bernier the benefit of the doubt on that penalty. And Zach, who was interviewed in the locker room, had no problem with it too.

And Bernier himself, stood up in the locker room and took all the questions. He said he was just finishing his check, and that Scuderi stopped and started to cut back just as he was going in for the check.

The Devs just blew it by giving up three goals on the five-minute major. Unfortunately.

#343 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Anyone think they'll engrave O'Rourke's name on the Cup? The Kings should ask special permission.

They should put STEVE BERNIER on the Cup too...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#344 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

The Devs just blew it by giving up three goals on the five-minute major. Unfortunately.

That 5 minutes was more PP time than the Devils got all game. :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#345 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

That 5 minutes was more PP time than the Devils got all game. :lol:

No doubt. I thought it should've been a double minor. Kenny thought it should've been just a two. Chico seemed to be OK with it but said one of the Kings could've been called for a retaliatory two, which would've cut it to three.

#346 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

gahh... crappy way to end... im still proud of this team and am looking forward to next year
POTATO!!!

#347 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

:blahblah:

Edited by DobaMB30, 11 June 2012 - 10:52 PM.
stop that stuff

Posted Image

#348 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

this
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#349 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

What hurts about the way the game turned out is not even having a chance to compete.

Comparing this to 2001 is silly, the Devils had a chance to compete and didn't that year. We didn't even have a chance to compete tonight, it's a different kind of hurt. 2001 was anger, this is dissapoinment, not in the team just in the circumstance. It would have been one thing if we went out on our shield but we were given the hook before even getting the chance.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#350 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Marty on the postgame reiterates in the locker room that he wants to come back.

I know a lot of fans in here didn't watch it or don't care, but Marty and Jonathan Quick had a nice extended embrace on the handshake line. Marty said that Quick seems to be a fan and wants him to come back.

#351 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Im proud of this 2012 team! We lost but im fine with it we will be back and we will win with parise back or not... Kovalchuk healthy Larsson ascension etc...

And Marty will be back for sure...

2012 eastern conference champion who would said that. at the beginning of the season ?

We will be back, because it the cup.

#352 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

nonsense

#353 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Smartest thing you've ever said. I hope Marty finds a new team. A team that actually gives their heart from the start. Or just retire. Either way he's going out on top. The Devils are done. Without Brodeur, you'll be lucky to make the Playoffs in the next 50 years.
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#354 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

this

Admin... I am just speaking the truth..

The team is weak...Kelly clarkson...30 goal man reg season.... nothing in the playoffs....
17,9 did nothing...

you are lucky you had some talent from Burford Ontario...

Im proud of this 2012 team! We lost but im fine with it we will be back and we will win with parise back or not... Kovalchuk healthy Larsson ascension etc...

2012 eastern conference champion who would said that. at the beginning of the season ?

As the legend Billy Bean said.... its all for nothing if you dont win the last game!

As the legend Billy Bean said.... its all for nothing if you dont win the last game!
Posted Image

#355 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Smartest thing you've ever said. I hope Marty finds a new team. A team that actually gives their heart from the start. Or just retire. Either way he's going out on top. The Devils are done. Without Brodeur, you'll be lucky to make the Playoffs in the next 50 years.

Go away, Steve Bernier did not lose the Stanley Cup Finals. Also Brodeur won the team a few games and the team won him some games it goes both ways. This team has each others backs and that's what makes them special. You are not a fan of this team if you don't see this. So just go away.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#356 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Someone please delete this.

#357 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

The forum is actually relatively troll-free for a game like tonight. Surprising!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#358 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Someone please delete this.

Dude, he is a sports gambling millionaire who bangs 10 dimes a week...

We should put his photo on the site banner

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#359 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Am I the only one getting an error when I'm trying to view other people's and my own profile?

#360 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

phillydev you are a herb and a disgrace. you are talking from outside of this fanbase by saying "you'll be lucky to make the playoffs...," obviously you are not a fan so get the fvck out.

and be proud to live in the sh!t whole of a city that is probably your hometown.

for christ sakes, why is anyone responding to this clown, especially me??

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users