401 replies to this topic

#361 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Look, win or lose, I'm proud at how the team, starting from DeBoer, have kept their heads up and haven't stooped low into making sharp remarks after the game. Bad officiating happens. It's part of the game, just like a bad bounce or carom off the glass.

Bernier is NOT to blame. I want a hungry Bernier back next year. Please make sure he is on the team, along with Carter and Gio.

I just think the ref could have whistled either a 2min or 4min penalty without having conditioned the game. The ref would have been within his rights to make that call, and if it was not "severe enough," the league could have taken care of it afterwards via suspension or fine. I just don't get how you can toss some guy out of the game in the first 10 minutes and condition the game the way they did...

That's the equivalent of giving a questionable red card to a player in soccer in the first 10 minutes of a World Cup final...

It is what it is...I just would have loved to see a better game 6. That's all.

#362 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

and btw, what gives with this sh!tty ass, uncalled for initial GDT?. This garbage is the last one of the season?

tsk tsk..

should have let our superstitions continue to work, or at least prepare well for it for christ sakes

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#363 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

why has some troll hacked my account !!!!!! get lost.. stop posting crap about NJ

.. this is what I thought of this game.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#364 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

phillydev you are a herb and a disgrace. you are talking from outside of this fanbase by saying "you'll be lucky to make the playoffs...," obviously you are not a fan so get the fvck out.

and be proud to live in the sh!t whole of a city that is probably your hometown.

for christ sakes, why is anyone responding to this clown, especially me??

I caught that too.

#365 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts

Am I the only one getting an error when I'm trying to view other people's and my own profile?

Nah it's me too. Dm might've disabled that part to compensate for the traffic the forum was getting for a while there. Just a guess

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#366 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Nah it's me too. Dm might've disabled that part to compensate for the traffic the forum was getting for a while there. Just a guess

Lol thanks that's what I thought too just making sure.

#367 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

why has some troll hacked my account !!!!!! get lost.. stop posting crap about NJ

.. this is what I thought of this game.

Posted Image

yeaaa wtf?? your posts were just as fishy as those Donahue-esque refs

#368 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I am very proud to be a Devils fan.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#369 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

No doubt. I thought it should've been a double minor. Kenny thought it should've been just a two. Chico seemed to be OK with it but said one of the Kings could've been called for a retaliatory two, which would've cut it to three.

Can't give a double minor for boarding.
Posted Image

#370 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

yeaaa wtf?? your posts were just as fishy as those Donahue-esque refs

what crap.. someone highjacks my account and I cant even delete posts??? sup with that.. some loser is making me look bad !!
Posted Image

#371 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Is this definitely, 100% true? Only a minor, or a major?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#372 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

I too had no problem with the call on the ice.. its with the non calls on the ensuing play.. like the punch to the head when the puck went down into LA zone.. or how about on the same PP later on koalchuck getting held at the blueline and getting rabbit shot 3 times to the back of the head.. where are the calls there refs?

Edited by DobaMB30, 11 June 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image

#373 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Can you give a minor penalty for boarding a Devils player right before that?

I think there might be a rule:

"69A: If the player who would have been penalized plays for a team that will make hockey hip with the sports and entertainment world, including Kobe Bryant and Will Ferrell, the penalty shall be waived. Instead, the team that shall not be named who did not deserve 3 stanley cups shall be moved to Canada, because I don't like them"

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#374 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

what crap.. someone highjacks my account and I cant even delete posts??? sup with that.. some loser is making me look bad !!

Change your password.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#375 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Is that right? Even though it drew blood? If so, thanks for the correction.

#376 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Is this definitely, 100% true? Only a minor, or a major?

You don't have to take my word for it...
Posted Image

#377 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread because it'll probably be infuriating, but I feel the need to post something.

I don't care how this last game turned out, it doesn't change anything about how proud and impressed I am with this team. I'm scared that we're not going to be back there for awhile with all the uncertainty with Parise/Brodeur/ownership, which makes the loss tonight hurt, but...godDAMN it was a fun ride.

From exorcising the first-round demons to the clinic against Philly to shutting up Rangers fans with an epic overtime goal that gave us possibly my favorite action shot in Devils history:

Posted Image

To battling back and doubling the Kings loss total and being the only team that could defeat them on the road, this has been an incredible run. Let's not lose sight of that.

I love the character of this team. And as pissed as I was at Steve Bernier, and as much as he'll probably go down in Devils infamy as the scapegoat, you have to give him all the credit in the world for being in the locker room and answering every single question he was asked. Dude's still human, and if we all feel like sh!t right now, I can only imagine how he feels.

I hate that we don't get a parade, or some last celebration of one of the most enjoyable Devils teams in recent memory. I want to see them play one last time, be at the arena one last time, hang with all the friends I've made here and at the building one last time, and it sucks that that won't happen.

But god bless this team. Hell of a run.

And now that the need for superstition is over, can we PLEASE boot PhillyDev?

Edited by thelastonealive, 11 June 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#378 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

no need to read the rest of this thread, i think i can honestly say that the majority of us all are right there with ya. the pride and love for this team runs through us all

LGD!!

#379 PhillyDev

PhillyDev

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

phillydev you are a herb and a disgrace. you are talking from outside of this fanbase by saying "you'll be lucky to make the playoffs...," obviously you are not a fan so get the fvck out.

and be proud to live in the sh!t whole of a city that is probably your hometown.

for christ sakes, why is anyone responding to this clown, especially me??

Listen to this sped coming at me. Buddy, you got nothing. You're a bum. Not that it matters, but I got more cash and game than your whole damn hick town. Go to sleep in your 1991 Honda. You got to stay sharp to flip those burgers.
Martin Brodeur, win your fourth Cup.

#380 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

I too had no problem with the call on the ice.. its with the non calls on the ensuing play.. like the punch to the head when the puck went down into LA zone.. or how about on the same PP later on koalchuck getting held at the blueline and getting rabbit shot 3 times to the back of the head.. where are the calls there refs?

I agree with you here.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users