101 replies to this topic

#21 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

wow love how everyone dumps on BERNIER for a ridiculous inexcusable call by the stripes. If anything I'd accept 2 mins and that's it. It was not Steve's fault the king turned around half a second before the hit. Sorry the ref blew it, gift wrapped it for the Kings and the league should be embarrassed they pandered to LA all series. The whole situation sucks but dumping on Bernier is not where the hate should go. He didn't cost us the game, the men in stripes did. Hope the Kings enjoy their tainted cup. Maybe next year they'll actually be unbiased...

Buy his jersey then, show your support.

I can't listen to excuses for what he did, especially tinfoil hat BS about a tainted Cup.

Game ain't over yet anyway.

#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

It's one thing if you're a Kovy or a Parise and you do what he did, but when you're a Bernier-type, you gotta go. Might seem harsh, but he can't come back here after that.

Yep.

Relatively insignificant player that likely cost his team a chance at the cup? Get rid of him. Free Zharkov. Or sign a big body for the 4th line in the offseason.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

While I agree the lack of officiating on the Stoll hit is one of the reasons that the Bernier play even happened, I cannot see him coming back after this. Not every fan will see it through any other lens than it being his fault. I don't see him back here. It'd be one thing if he had multiple years, but as a UFA? Nah.

#24 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I still can't believe how dumb Bernier was to put himself in that position. I shouldn't be surprised though, he's come close to a few questionable hits in the past rounds. I hope he's done as a Devil - it will be years if I can ever forgive him for his stupidity tonight. I feel absolutely horrible for the team right now.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#25 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I still can't believe how dumb Bernier was to put himself in that position. I shouldn't be surprised though, he's come close to a few questionable hits in the past rounds. I hope he's done as a Devil - it will be years if I can ever forgive him for his stupidity tonight. I feel absolutely horrible for the team right now.

And yet I'm starting to feel for him too. He overreacted to a questionable hit on his linemate, and was unlucky that Scuderi turned. He fvcked up, but the more time I have to think, the more i wonder if he deserves that hate. There's a part of me that would like to see him have a chance to redeem himself next year, though it's tough for 4th liners to really pull off redemption.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#26 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

It's one thing if you're a Kovy or a Parise and you do what he did, but when you're a Bernier-type, you gotta go. Might seem harsh, but he can't come back here after that.

Yeah exactly. Good way to put it. I would have said it like that but I can't think straight right now.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#27 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Why couldn't that have gone as a doube minor with the league taking a look after the game for suspension. Why the officials felt they should HELP decide the winner is a disgrace to all of sports.

WIth that said our PK was putrid after that.
Posted Image

#28 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

you guys are all worked up on that hit calm the fvck down without bernier and the rest of the 4th line we would have never been here.

it happends get over it

Posted Image

#29 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

you guys are all worked up on that hit calm the fvck down without bernier and the rest of the 4th line we would have never been here.

it happends get over it

Yeah, and Tom Glavine pitched a lot of good games in 2007. Bill Buckner got a lot of big hits in 1986. I could fvckin go on all day.

#30 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just need to see his mug in the locker room explaining the most bone headed , ill timed penalty in Devils history..........then I never want to see him again.
NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#31 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

could take or leave him at this point. He was trying to be aggressive and ended up doing something unbelievable stupid...even though scuderi was turning and it should've been a 2...Bernier could've still held up a bit, or changed directions.

he's a pretty good 4th liner to have around. I can forgive this I suppose

Edited by '7', 11 June 2012 - 09:44 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#32 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

The Oilers forgave Steve Smith

Rags forgave Adam Graves

Edited by '7', 11 June 2012 - 09:48 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm not gonna castrate Bernier. The call on Gionta should've been made, and Scuderi turned at the last second like the p*ssy he is. This is all on O'Rourke. If I see O'Rourke crossing the street, I'm speeding up and running a red light if I have to.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#34 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

To Bernier's defense, He thought it would be a shoulder on shoulder hit but the king turned his back
Devils.

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

The Oilers forgave Steve Smith

Rags forgave Adam Graves

Long time ago. And Graves had quite a history in NY by that point anyway.

This is a 4th line guy who the casual fans have no idea who he is. I dont see him re-signed. I'm personally not against it, but I dont think Bernier is back.

#36 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

I didn't like the hit but to act like the guy is going to be banished out of the NHL after this is a bit of a quick reaction...he's a solid 4th line player and I feel he still belongs in the league. He proved it to everyone this year...even if he turned off his brain there for a few seconds.

#37 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'm not gonna castrate Bernier. The call on Gionta should've been made, and Scuderi turned at the last second like the p*ssy he is. This is all on O'Rourke. If I see O'Rourke crossing the street, I'm speeding up and running a red light if I have to.

this
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Fvck Bernier

Good riddance

He has played his last game in a Devils jersey, and I hope he doesn't sniff the NHL ever again

Cost us the game....unforgivable.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#39 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

That call hurt so much ... 5 mins of hell...

I would also like to say fvck the refs for not calling the Gionta blow.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

I would take him back in a heart beat. He was a great find, and plays the game hard. When he really finds himself I can see him having a 20 goal season on a 4th line. Yeha the hit was dumb, but I'm not going to kill him over that. He was trying to get a big hit to get the team going (what the 4th line is suppose to do) and it did not work out. What we really should be talking about is the 3 goals we gave up. The team has to step up and kill that off not get flat on their heels and wine about the missed call before that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users