Get rid of on-ice officials

Jerzey

Need at least a couple on-ice guys to break scrums up.

Maybe only let off-ice officials call penalties.

I agree with this and it would save the NHL a lot of money. Everything else in this world has advanced with modern technology. No reason for it not to happen here either. Would make the NHL actually take a step forward before the other leagues for once.

While I don't necessarily agree with the concept, something needs to be done.

This game aside, there have been some calls this year, more recently in the first couple rounds of the playoffs, that really make you scratch your head.

Edited by Devilsfan118

While I don't necessarily agree with the concept, something needs to be done.

This game aside, there have been some calls this year, more recently in the first couple rounds of the playoffs, that really make you scratch your head.

It's really the horrendous inconsistencies that leave fans and I think player's as well scratching their heads. But as the saying goes, it's all part of the game.

Hell, the league isn't even consistent with video review determinations...getting something tolerable on ice is asking way too much.

Seriously this is garbage.

We lost 6-1. Got a bad call or non call, don't give up three goals on one powerplay. The Kings didn't cry and moan when they had to kill a 5 on 3 pp in game 3. They went ahead and killed the thing and made it look easy at that.

Leave the whining and conspiracy theories to Ranger fans.

• Like 1

First of all, I don't blame tonight on the refs, although I do question what the hell happened when that linesman set up a pick on Volchenkov.

But I am of the opinion that each coach should get one penalty challenge per game to review a call one way or the other. But that's just me.

Seriously this is garbage.

We lost 6-1. Got a bad call or non call, don't give up three goals on one powerplay. The Kings didn't cry and moan when they had to kill a 5 on 3 pp in game 3. They went ahead and killed the thing and made it look easy at that.

Leave the whining and conspiracy theories to Ranger fans.

Regardless of the timing and tonights game, I still think it's a good idea. Calls would be made more consistently and there would be less people on the ice (again, regardless of what happened tonight). Plus since they are using cameras anyway they'd be able to review every call to make sure it's the right one. With some time to get out the kinks, I don't see why this isn't a better direction for the game.

Also I think the GM's from each team should be able to sit in that room during the games.

Before they implement penalty challenges, I'd at least like to see officials be able to confer more. This way when the back ref makes a bullsh!t call 50 feet from the play that the front ref had a clear view of, they could pick up the flag. Also, the linesman should be able to have more input when they have a clear view of a bad call or missed call. Right now they're only allowed to report major penalties (and too many men).

It would be great if the linesman could say, for example, "hey I saw that and the stick completely missed his face", and then the ref could decide not call the penalty.

Hey lady :evil: Will PM you back when things are up and running. . . or email. Yep, last Cup run was a memory I will always treasure. The WeeOne is trying to scarf my gold logo charm, ain't happenin'! Will be in touch. . .

Maybe the refs' orange bands could go around their necks with a string attached. . .questionable call, they get a yank. It'd be like ball dunking at local carnivals! :dance: (<--I have missed this dude as well)

i always hated the linesman and wished crosschecks and pucks upon them. we destroyed one twice last night so that makes me happy.

they have no puck or play understanding and are always on the way of the play. do we really need a frickin guy to tell us offside or not on ice? just have the goal judge type guy sit on the line and hit a light when someone is offside or there is icing or whatever the ref needs consult with.