26 replies to this topic

#21 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Linesman that get the hell out of the way would be good, too. . . .

Amen to that! Good to see you Zam. We sure had fun the last cup run. :D
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#22 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hey lady :evil: Will PM you back when things are up and running. . . or email. Yep, last Cup run was a memory I will always treasure. The WeeOne is trying to scarf my gold logo charm, ain't happenin'! Will be in touch. . .

Maybe the refs' orange bands could go around their necks with a string attached. . .questionable call, they get a yank. It'd be like ball dunking at local carnivals! :dance: (<--I have missed this dude as well)
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#23 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Just let all 4 make calls.

#24 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

i always hated the linesman and wished crosschecks and pucks upon them. we destroyed one twice last night so that makes me happy.

they have no puck or play understanding and are always on the way of the play. do we really need a frickin guy to tell us offside or not on ice? just have the goal judge type guy sit on the line and hit a light when someone is offside or there is icing or whatever the ref needs consult with.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#25 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Holy crap, a Zamode sighting!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#26 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Seriously this is garbage.

We lost 6-1. Got a bad call or non call, don't give up three goals on one powerplay. The Kings didn't cry and moan when they had to kill a 5 on 3 pp in game 3. They went ahead and killed the thing and made it look easy at that.

Leave the whining and conspiracy theories to Ranger fans.

This.

#27 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

i always hated the linesman and wished crosschecks and pucks upon them. we destroyed one twice last night so that makes me happy.

they have no puck or play understanding and are always on the way of the play. do we really need a frickin guy to tell us offside or not on ice? just have the goal judge type guy sit on the line and hit a light when someone is offside or there is icing or whatever the ref needs consult with.

This is ridiculous. You really think these guys work their way up to the ranks of NHL officials without understanding how to play the game? Sometimes the game is just too fast for them to get out of the way, although Racicot getting in the way of Volchenkov last night was a big snafu and he probably should have seen him coming. I said on here years ago the linesman should be off the ice in a goal judge type booth on the lines, but you need guys to break up scrums while the refs make sure they can see everything happening to call the right penalties.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users