138 replies to this topic

#41 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

BTW, this must have been, like, the 15th Stanley Cup Final for Sykora. The guy sure knows what teams to pick. I think he has exceeded everyone's expectations after being merely a tryout back in the summer. Kudos to him!

#42 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Congrats to Andy Greene and Mark Fayne - they played brilliant hockey. The NHL unfortunately has seen how good they are.

Yeah they impressed me so much this postseason. I'm a huge Fayne groupie.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#43 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Like I said in my ill-timed earlier thread: This team was truly a rag-tag bunch that played way beyond everyone's expectations. This was a Frankenstein-type team composed of old guys, superstars, future stars and guys everyone considered were career AHL'ers. Give the Kings the Cup, but the Devils have one thing this Kings team didn't and that was and is heart.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#44 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

We have a lot to look forward to.

The continuing development of Larsson who will soon be joined by Merrill and Urbom

Henrique and Josefson...who will become terrific two way players. Josefson will prob be like a poor mans Henrique

A healthy Zajac...20+ goals, 60+ points and shutdown play

40 from Ilya

Perhaps a look at Scott Wedgewood
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Great run, so proud of this team, can't help but feel like i'm on the verge of tears because I just felt like this was their year. Through all this seemingly destiny I guess you could call it I just felt like this was the year for something special, hate to see it come to an end, going to be a long 3 months from now to pre-season (hopefully not longer for a lockout >.<).

Big ups to PDB, love this guy, he's the perfect coach for this team. If we're gonna win the cup I want this guy at the helm, keep this guy around Lou, please. Also give a lot of respect to Kovy, the guy's a warrior playing through an injury all playoffs, we need more guys with his heart on this team.

Keep our core, continue to grow Larsson and Henrique, and maybe pick up a defenseman in FA and we can be back next year, Lets Go Devils.
25smul5.png

#46 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Great run, so proud of this team, can't help but feel like i'm on the verge of tears because I just felt like this was their year. Through all this seemingly destiny I guess you could call it I just felt like this was the year for something special, hate to see it come to an end, going to be a long 3 months from now to pre-season (hopefully not longer for a lockout >.<).

Big ups to PDB, love this guy, he's the perfect coach for this team. If we're gonna win the cup I want this guy at the helm, keep this guy around Lou, please. Also give a lot of respect to Kovy, the guy's a warrior playing through an injury all playoffs, we need more guys with his heart on this team.

Keep our core, continue to grow Larsson and Henrique, and maybe pick up a defenseman in FA and we can be back next year, Lets Go Devils.

Wow you got a picture of them together...

Edited by msweet, 11 June 2012 - 10:43 PM.
can't say that

Posted Image

#47 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Like I said in my ill-timed earlier thread: This team was truly a rag-tag bunch that played way beyond everyone's expectations. This was a Frankenstein-type team composed of old guys, superstars, future stars and guys everyone considered were career AHL'ers. Give the Kings the Cup, but the Devils have one thing this Kings team didn't and that was and is heart.

Summed up perfectly. From our "aging goaltender" to our "no name D" this team played with heart and chutzpah. So very proud of this team.

Congrats to PDB and company, and especially Lou for putting this team together, especially after last year's debacle.

I hope there is a nice group of fans meeting their plane when they get back to NJ to show their appreciation for everything the team has done. Thanks for the great ride.

#48 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Is it safe to say that Pete DeBoer is the MVP for this team. To do what he did for this team is amazing

#49 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Unbelievable season, still feel like this would have been ours without the injuries. A healthy Kovy probably turns this series, but that's all what ifs...regardless, what a fun team to watch, and fun season. Really going back to last January has been amazing...about as good as it gets without actually hoisting the cup.

Edited by Beck27, 11 June 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#50 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

An amazing year with a lot of amazing memories. I'm already pumped for next season. Go Devils!!!!!!

#51 TK

TK

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

This team was playing hockey in June, no one expected that. Beating the Flyers was great, beating the Rangers and eliminating the stigma of 1994 once and for all was even sweeter. Watching Marty put on a goal tending performance for the ages at 40 was awesome, when he retires an era will come to an end but another era is about to begin because this is a young and super talented team. Congrats to the Kings. GO DEVILS!

#52 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable season and playoff run. You guys played tough as nails and beating the Flyers and the Rags to get to the finals was awesome.

#53 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Some of the greatest Devils moments happened this postseason. I will always cherish these memories for the rest of my life. Thank you Devils.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#54 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

F off already.

Unbelievable season, still feel like this would have been ours without the injuries. A healthy Kovy probably turns this series, but that's all what ifs...regardless, what a fun team to watch, and fun season. Really going back to last January has been amazing...about as good as it gets without actually hoisting the cup.

Yep. That Cup would've been nice, and I imagine this will hurt if the Devils don't win it (or come close) in the years to come. But there'll be youtube and Adam Henrique's Game 6 OT goal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#55 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

believe-zubrus.jpg

#56 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

seems like years ago...but hard to believe this team came within an eyelash several times of being eliminated by the florida panthers
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#57 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

with my age, this is absolutely the most proud ive been of my team. at our last cup victory, i was like 12, and although i was ecstatic, i could not appreciate the team as much as i do now.

i love this team, and i am so proud to be a devils fan. i am so excited to see what happens in the offseason and, although im disappointed at our exit, am so siked for next year (PLEASE GOD LET THERE BE A SEASON!!!!)

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#58 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

Excellent thread and post Tri.

It wasn't so long ago that before the playoff season started there were some who thought we wouldn't get out of Rround 1. We made it to the Finals and did so with dignity. There was lots of friendly jabbing and some not so friendly. All in all, it was a fabulous season. Everyone bought into the DeBoer system and it showed. The entire team matured. Thank you NJ Devils for a great season and thank you njdevs.com for all your hard work.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#59 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

yea whoa whoa whoa, why have i not given DeBoer my absolute praise since our season ended?

I could not have been happier with the hiring of PDB. He took control of this team 100% and was confident in our team from day 1. He stayed with his system and new we would succeed..

I am absolutely proud that PDB is our coach..

Thanks for a great season coach! :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#60 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

And I hope PDB brings some long term stability to the coaching position as well...and please Larry stick around (can take or leave Oates)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users