SELF DESTRUCTION COMMENCE IN 3...2...1

#2002 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Can we change the name of this thread to "The Ultimate and Offical Alexander Semin UFA Watch Thread" and move on then?

#2003 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

With Kovy's cap hit, I can't call his contract absurd at all. He's not going to make 100 million dollars... he won't play the last few years of the deal... he got not ridiculous signing bonus. Parise and Suter's cap hits are going to be at least 7.5-8 mil if not much more. You tell me who's the team player. I'm pretty damn happy to have Kovalchuk with a cap hit that will never screw over the team.

The owner is broke and the team isn't close to the cap, who gives a sh!t about Kovalchuk's cap hit at this point? I care much more at this point about the $11M that CEO Barry Lyndon has to shell out.

Edited by Triumph, 04 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2004 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Can we change the name of this thread to "The Ultimate and Offical Alexander Semin UFA Watch Thread" and move on then?

Semin will probably sign with the Wings for big money a few hours after Parise goes. The Devils will not be in on that.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2005 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

With Kovy's cap hit, I can't call his contract absurd at all. He's not going to make 100 million dollars... he won't play the last few years of the deal... he got not ridiculous signing bonus. Parise and Suter's cap hits are going to be at least 7.5-8 mil if not much more. You tell me who's the team player. I'm pretty damn happy to have Kovalchuk with a cap hit that will never screw over the team.

Oh please...so now Kovy's this swell team-first guy and Parise's a greedy selfish ass?

Like I said, if Parise's the soon-to-be vastly overpaid playoff zilch you're making him out to be, you should be turning cartwheels that he may be on his way out. You shouldn't be as angry about this whole thing as you're coming off.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2006 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

ITs trending i think its official both to mini

#2007 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think what a lot of people around here are frustrated with is how Zach kept dropping subtle little hints about returning. In interviews after the season he would use "we" as if he were a member of the Devils and planned to continue being one. He told fans "don't worry" when they were chanting for him to come back at the rally that met the team bus. Zach made it sound like he was coming back when in fact it was more of a toss-up. I don't think people are mad at Zach for making a choice that is clearly his; it's just the hints he dropped to string Devils fans along, acting like he'd definitely be back. Now that we're seeing that there is a solid chance of him not returning, people are getting pissed at Zach's earlier actions.

What I think actually happened is that Zach is just not an intelligent person. He never realized how his comments would be seen by Devils fans and taken as a commitment to stay with the Devils. Yes, it's pretty clueless of him, but I don't think he had any ill-intent; he just didn't realize what he was dealing. He's dealing with the backlash of these comments and will be for the rest of his career if he decides to leave but it's probably not a big deal to him.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2008 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think what a lot of people around here are frustrated with is how Zach kept dropping subtle little hints about returning. In interviews after the season he would use "we" as if he were a member of the Devils and planned to continue being one. He told fans "don't worry" when they were chanting for him to come back at the rally that met the team bus. Zach made it sound like he was coming back when in fact it was more of a toss-up. I don't think people are mad at Zach for making a choice that is clearly his; it's just the hints he dropped to string Devils fans along, acting like he'd definitely be back. Now that we're seeing that there is a solid chance of him not returning, people are getting pissed at Zach's earlier actions.

What I think actually happened is that Zach is just not an intelligent person. He never realized how his comments would be seen by Devils fans and taken as a commitment to stay with the Devils. Yes, it's pretty clueless of him, but I don't think he had any ill-intent; he just didn't realize what he was dealing. He's dealing with the backlash of these comments and will be for the rest of his career if he decides to leave but it's probably not a big deal to him.

Or it could be fans looking way to much into every word a player says.

#2009 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Breaking news: Zach Parise used "we" when discussing the Devils when he was still under contract with the Devils. This kid really is just a dumb jock.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2010 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

lol Kovy took the most money just like Zach is apparently doing, it's comical that people think he wasn't being selfish just because we spread out the cap hit over ninety years Kovy won't be playing in anyway.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2011 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

this is a nightmare. overpaid or not, his exit leaves a void that we wont fill for a few years at least.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#2012 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Or it could be fans looking way to much into every word a player says.

But that's what fans do. An intelligent player would be aware of that and watch what he says if he doesn't want to break the hearts of thousands of fans (not that it's his responsibility to do that, just a nice courtesy).

Posted Image

#2013 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Maybe if he does go to the wild stuntman dany can pick him and suter up
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#2014 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

But that's what fans do. An intelligent player would be aware of that and watch what he says if he doesn't want to break the hearts of thousands of fans (not that it's his responsibility to do that, just a nice courtesy).

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2015 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

Then we can all complain about how his contract is going to hurt us for years to come. :lol:

#2016 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

jesus. if they both end up in minnesota, have fun never winning a cup!

We use to say the same thing about LA, Boston, Carolina, Tampa Bay, etc. Fact is the new economics have produced 12 different conference finalists the last 3 years. With realignment ahead after 2013 we'll see it become an even more fluid situation.

Would anybody be suprised if 2/4 or 3/4 of the Rangers, Devils, Coyotes, and Kings not get to the 2nd round next season?

Edited by mdsieve, 04 July 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#2017 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Breaking news: Zach Parise used "we" when discussing the Devils when he was still under contract with the Devils. This kid really is just a dumb jock.

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

Posted Image

#2018 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Then we can all complain about how his contract is going to hurt us for years to come. :lol:

Bingo. As much as everyone thinks is the case, I don't think Minny is blowing NJ out of the water in terms of $$$. While it be nice for a player like Zach to chose the Devils, this contract is going to be stupid...

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#2019 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

From PuckDaddy:

Link

The Wild's certainly putting out all the stops. On that plane trip with agent Neil Sheehy yesterday, the Wild agreed to terms with center Jake Dowell to a two-year deal (two-way in Year 1, one-way in Year 2).

Not only is Dowell buddies with Suter after playing together at Wisconsin, he's also friends with Parise. The 27-year-olds played together in world-under-18's (gold medal) and the world junior championships.

Could be old news, with the crazyness that has been going on in this i have lost track.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#2020 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

godamnit i have friends who are fans of every single reported teams interested in zach so for sure im gonna hear about them a lot if he's going there

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users