2873 replies to this topic

#2021 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

What's with all the Parise talk! Need more Ninja's!

Posted Image

You're welcome.

1dun.jpg

#2022 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Have just gotten confirmation that a Zach Parise decision is "likely" today.

(Gross is filling in for TG today, apparently he's got a prior commitment for the next few days)

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 10:20 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2023 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

ITs trending i think its official both to mini

Agreed. Suter has said that he will make his decision today. Shortly after, Wade Arnott says that Zack Parise is likely to make his decision today.

Both have been talking a lot together. I think he's going to get his 'final deal' and will want to play in his home state.

Just my opinion.

#2024 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

This is beyond stupid. I'm sorry.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2025 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Well said.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2026 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Dude, seriously you're just not getting anywhere with that argument today. Just let people vent now and boo when Zach comes back in November, why should you care anyway? You're not going to be in the building to hear the boos.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2027 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ah M.B.! Marion Barry, is it time again for another shipment?

A little levity.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2028 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

When I refer to breaking hearts, I see that as building up hopes of re-signing only to dash those hopes. After the season Zach dropped a few very subtle hints that he was going to re-sign. Instead, it would have been kinder to fans to just keep his mouth shut or to watch his word a little more closely. He made it sound like it was a slam-dunk that he was going to sign with the Devils when in fact it was more of a toss-up. Again, Zach doesn't have to be kind to fans, it just would have been nice if he were.

I agree that this is not an easy decision for Zach. Like I said, I feel the scorn is coming from the fact that Zach made things sound like he was coming back when his return was actually much more questionable. What I'm trying to say is that Zach could have left the Devils without first building up the hopes of Devils fans if he had watched his words a little more carefully.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2029 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

remember all this parise and suter both to the wild is speculation. sure he would love to play with suter, but he also would love to play with crosby, zajac, and stafford. i dont buy it. suter is leaning towards the Wild not ZP as far as we know.

#2030 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

yea... well fellas it is not looking good.

i would bet money now that zach will end up in minny with suter. all this little information does say a lot.

i am so happy though that it doesn't look like he's going to another Atlantic team. ecstatic, as a matter of fact

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2031 chaos212

chaos212

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Sign or don't sign but quit with all the damn drama.

#2032 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Maybe Zach will get really drunk celebrating the 4th and accidentally sign with us.

#2033 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

lol, yeah, tampering. Parise's been talking with Lou three times a day, but clearly he had no interest in coming back, it was just chit-chat, how's the weather, that sort of thing.

dr33: no, the Wild are still awful, and if they sign Parise and Suter, they're pretty much at the salary cap with (still) a pretty bad team.

Even I'm willing to concede no real tampering. At most maybe a small fine as a slap on the wrist for the loose lips by a quasi Wild agent.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2034 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

Posted Image

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#2035 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

The only way I'll get excited is if I read "Devils trade Tallinder to so and so team for draft picks" and "Devils also trade Greene to so and so team for draft picks"

#2036 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Sign or don't sign but quit with all the damn drama.

The drama is all created by the media and fans. Unless I've missed something, Zach has not said or done anything particularly "dramatic" throughout this process.

#2037 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

if they both endup in minny its gonna be fvcking stupid, have fun watching us in the playoffs zach

Doug Maclean
Hearing from a couple of agents both players will end up in minny. We will see!!

www.SterioDesign.com

#2038 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

You may not agree with other fans' point of view, but you have to see how some fans might take his comments to mean more than they actually do. That's all I'm trying to say. If you refuse to make that concession then you're just being stubborn. I apologize that some fans, including myself, may not be as extremely intelligent as you.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2039 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

fvck Zach Parise if he leaves.

#2040 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

At this point I want him to just make the announcement. 72 hours later and we are still sitting here like analyzing and overanalyzing every tweet from hockey writers all over the place.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users