2873 replies to this topic

#201 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,297 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

yo, relax. we dont know what lou and parise have talked about. im sure they've discussed when they want to talk next. just cuz TG says that there is no new updates doesn't mean lou's an idiot.

they're not retarded dude, they have their jobs because they're professionals. they know what they're doing, im sure they've talked

First, TG isn't just saying "I have no news" he posted what he heard from Zachs agent. That is something, and either his agent is lying for some reason or he is telling the truth that contract talks haven't started. If you wish to believe the former blindly, that's fine and I hope you are right, but going by what we have available and what Lou has said I think it's ok to voice an opinion on the facts at hand.

Along with that, I never said Lou was an idiot, or retarded or that he is some how incompetent. What I do think is Lou is an old fashion guy, he doesn't like tipping his hand and likes to wait out players/agents as a sign of strength which is an aspect I disagree with him on. Wasn't if Rafi who said Lou never even made him an offer?

#202 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

The Parise contract saga or lack thereof is more compelling than the final sequence of the Usual Suspects at this point. Are the financial ownership troubles to blame for the lack of a contract offer so far? Does Parise simply want to go for the big money and sign with Minnesota? Why have there been close to zero contract negotiations over the last year? Or were there and we just didn't know about it? Is Parise still angered by the Kovy contract and Langs departure? Does he secretly covet playing for Detroit? And for that matter, was the Kovy contract driven by Lou ... or really was it the product of a crazy owner? Will the Devils declare bankruptcy? Will they find an investor? Will the NHL take over the team? Why did the Devils keep the pick instead of forfeiting it? The list goes on and on and on ...

Name one time Lou has offered a pending UFA a contract more than a week before July 1st.

Patience people. We've barely stopped playing hockey this year and have a draft in 48 hours.

#203 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Name one time Lou has offered a pending UFA a contract more than a week before July 1st.

Patience people. We've barely stopped playing hockey this year and have a draft in 48 hours.

Langenbrunnet and Salvador are two that come to mind.

Sorry. You said a week before. They were just before.

Edited by sundstrom, 21 June 2012 - 12:30 AM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#204 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Asked by New Jersey media last week about joining the New York Rangers, Parise gave an emphatic "no way."

He clarified the statement Wednesday.

"I was put on the spot there a little bit," he said. "We'll see what happens."

http://www.startribu.../159821785.html

believe-zubrus.jpg

#205 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Asked by New Jersey media last week about joining the New York Rangers, Parise gave an emphatic "no way."

What?

Ugh, these past comments from Zach and his agent are not encouraging. Plain and simple.

:evilcry:

#206 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Nope...

"As a player, [free agency is] something you work hard to try and take advantage of, but at the same time it might get a little stressful"

Hopefully this thread will stop before 30 pages. Just make it quick!

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 June 2012 - 10:29 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#207 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

I guarantee his agent told him to say that to at least try to put the Rangers back in the picture. Think about it, he basically took out one of the highest-bidding teams which, even if he never wanted to play there, could drive up his overall price to everyone else.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#208 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Also keep in mind that Lou has said he'll do everything he can to sign Parise. Those comments were never said about Gomez, Rafalski, Gionta and Martin. I'm not sure he offered any a contract, and I think he was right all 4 times. He's going to act very differently when it comes to Zach obviously.

Lou will have enough time to find out what Zach wants and if they can get there before July 1st. I doubt anything Lou can offer will deter Zach from seeing other offers until July 1st, but it will be enough time to offer him a competitive contract and plant a seed and show that he is wanted here.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#209 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

It's free agency. Can't rule out anything. How many people saw the Devils locking up Kovy for 15 years?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#210 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

It's free agency. Can't rule out anything. How many people saw the Devils locking up Kovy for 15 years?

I have been scary good on my predictions :ph34r: got that one right and I told my friend last october it would be Kings/Devils, I actually wrote it on a piece of paper which issomewhere in my apartment. I am ponitficating my prediction right now.

EDIT: Parise will get an 8 year 62 million dollar contract from us.

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 June 2012 - 10:54 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#211 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

What?

Ugh, these past comments from Zach and his agent are not encouraging. Plain and simple.

:evilcry:

DA FUQ!?
:headless chicken:

815631765.gif

#212 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have been scary good on my predictions :ph34r: got that one right and I told my friend last october it would be Kings/Devils, I actually wrote it on a piece of paper which issomewhere in my apartment. I am ponitficating my prediction right now.

EDIT: Parise will get an 8 year 62 million dollar contract from us.

I'm sure you didn't think the Devils were signing him up for 15 years though. At most, I think 8-10 years was what most people thought.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#213 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm sure you didn't think the Devils were signing him up for 15 years though. At most, I think 8-10 years was what most people thought.

I got the length spot on, it was just luck, no one could of predicted the monetary structure of that deal though haha. I wish I posted my Stanley Cup prediction back in October, I was not an active member on here as I am now.

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 June 2012 - 01:09 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#214 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Meh I'm doing myself a favor and rarely checking for updates. Nothing will happen until after the draft, we can be pretty sure of that.

But, just to contribute to the discussion, our favorite 'reporter' in the world, Єklund (2.3% accurate), posted this rumor today:

Parise's Rights to Colorado

Now, I happened to see some random person on twitter posted this rumor yesterday, so he could just be piggy backing off that. Just take the (EXTREMELY UN-CREDIBLE) rumor for what it's worth.

Edit: It's not Єklund (2.3% accurate) apparently, it's Aaron Musick. Nonetheless, it's on hockeybuzz, so it's likely baseless.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 21 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#215 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Meh I'm doing myself a favor and rarely checking for updates. Nothing will happen until after the draft, we can be pretty sure of that.

But, just to contribute to the discussion, our favorite 'reporter' in the world, Єklund (2.3% accurate), posted this rumor today:

Now, I happened to see some random person on twitter posted this rumor yesterday, so he could just be piggy backing off that. Just take the (EXTREMELY UN-CREDIBLE) rumor for what it's worth.

Edit: It's not Єklund (2.3% accurate) apparently, it's Aaron Musick. Nonetheless, it's on hockeybuzz, so it's likely baseless.

Yeah, right.... The only way this happens is if Lou is trying to cheat the system by getting a pick for Parise before he resigns him or if he knows Parise is going to leave(and even if that was the case, I'd still doubt Lou would trade him for his rights).

#216 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I agree, and as a follow up:

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell (Devils writer for The Hockey News)
I don't know who started the rumor, but Zach Parise's rights have not and will not be traded to Colorado.

Hockeybuzz fails again.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#217 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) makes up sh!t and the stuff he "breaks" are posted minutes after another credible source actually breaks the news.

'm still waiting on Marleau to be traded here. Єklund (2.3% accurate) said he was.

#218 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Imagine if we got Landeskog in return. :whistling:

#219 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Yeah not too surprising. It was clear he was riding the high of the postseason. Once the dust settles even if he doesn't want to go to NY, it makes no sense to publicly eliminate them as a bidder other GMs have to fear.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#220 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

ANYBODY that thinks they are keeping Parise for less then $7.5M is ONLY kidding themselves.

That would be a 25% raise and agreeable amount for the most part. 8-10 year contract is what we are looking at no less I would imagine.

Those who think he is going to take 6 or 7m are low balling the situation, plus you probably don't want to insult the guy either.

Lets see how this works itself out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users