• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

i dont know who's worse...

Lou: Zach is a priority

Zach: I want to win

its gotta be zach

because theres only a certain amount Lou can do. by giving Zach an offer that im sure was competitive to what he got with minn, then you have to just credit the fact that Zach wanted to go to minny. we cant just force it you know

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2184 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED

RT @TIOPS_DePaoli: Can confirm Parise decision came down to Min and New Jersey. If Suter were to pick Detroit, he was headed back to Jersey

Thanks for nothing Suter :rolleyes:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 11:51 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2185 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Oh well. Time to move on. And time for me to buy a new jersey, because I'm not wearing that Parise one anymore.

Those contracts are just plain dumb, and I don't want anything to do with them. At the end of the day, the Devils will get along just fine without Zach. Not better off, at least in the short term. But fine.

I am wondering what sort of impact this will have in our locker room. In fact, I'm more worried about that than about what we are losing on the ice. Zach is a great player, but his production can and will be filled in by committee. A lot of our players are said to be very friendly with Zach, and I'm sure they'll miss him. I know, I know, they'll get on. But still, it hurts to see him go.

I look forward to seeing what moves Lamoriello will make now that we know that Zach is gone. There are potential trade opportunities and I am confident that he will ice a competitive team again like he always does.

#2186 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,364 posts

Does Parise, Suter and Granlund make Minnesota a 51% team or so?
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#2187 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Does crate and barrel have anthrax on their registry?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#2188 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

damn already... :soap: :rant:

Posted Image

#2189 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Well whatever at least it's over. I can't wish him luck but I wish him well. The wild have 2m in cap room, a half dozen players to re-sign and a mostly AHL caliber D. I'd take our team over theirs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

#2190 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Yeah just dont get in a car w him

Hahaha ohhhh low blow!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#2191 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

So happy we don't have anyone signed to a 13-year deal with a $7.5M cap hit and full no-movement clause. At least the Kovy deal is south of $7M/year and gives us outs if his play declines later on.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#2192 munichdevil

munichdevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

No use to look back in anger. He was a good player while he was with us, but he was no superstar. An honest worker who always gave what he had. He played out his contract and decided to go. That is life in the NHL. Now lets look forward and lets not forget: In the Playoffs he was not really all that good with a high minus. Too bad for him he decided to become a player whose number will never hang besides those of Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer and Marty.

#2193 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

After all the positive stuff about "wanting to return" and "doing anything to get a deal done" our captain leaves. And after saying "money is such a small part".

Enjoy your 98 million.

All the people calling Parise a liar... I really don't know what to tell you. At what point did he promise to return to the Devils? He only admitted they were still in the mix - just like half a dozen other teams, probably. If you thought he only went UFA to get a leverage and get a better deal from Lou... you were naive. He became a free agent, analyzed all the offers he got and went to the highest bidder / his hometown club. He had the right to do so. I hate that he left. I don't hate HIM for leaving.

Guys like Salvador are what you call dedicated to a team.

Of course, when you get a three year 9.5 million contract at the age of 36, it's hard not to be loyal.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want Zach to stay or suddenly start acting like he didn't mean anything to the team. He was a big part of the Devils. He helped us get to the Finals this year. I hate to lose him. Still, and I'm totally honest here, considering all the circumstances, I was more scared about losing Marty. That's because we had no plan B and we would be roally fvcked without a goalie now. Zach? Huge loss, but if Henrique can develop the way we hope, Kovy and Zajac stay healthy and maybe Elias wakes up after sleepwalking in the playoffs, our offense is good enough to at least warrant us another playoff berth.

Bye, Zach, and good luck in Minny.

#2194 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Does crate and barrel have anthrax on their registry?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#2195 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Oh well...13 years and $98 million is pure insanity for Zach. For that kind of coin, I'm glad he's not a Devil...no way he's worth that.

Lou and the Devils will recover.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2196 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Yeah just dont get in a car w him

Hahaha ohhhh low blow!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#2197 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Lou tried. I don't blame Lou. He worked hard to get something done, and Zach got led on by agents, daddy, and his buddy. Zach will roll around in cash and never win sh!t the rest of his life. Well, maybe that's not true. He and Suter will be leading Team USA at the World's for a pretty long time, so maybe he'll win something.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2198 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Oh well. Time to move on. And time for me to buy a new jersey, because I'm not wearing that Parise one anymore.

Those contracts are just plain dumb, and I don't want anything to do with them. At the end of the day, the Devils will get along just fine without Zach. Not better off, at least in the short term. But fine.

I am wondering what sort of impact this will have in our locker room. In fact, I'm more worried about that than about what we are losing on the ice. Zach is a great player, but his production can and will be filled in by committee. A lot of our players are said to be very friendly with Zach, and I'm sure they'll miss him. I know, I know, they'll get on. But still, it hurts to see him go.

I look forward to seeing what moves Lamoriello will make now that we know that Zach is gone. There are potential trade opportunities and I am confident that he will ice a competitive team again like he always does.

Great post. Exactly how I feel

#2199 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Dbl post

Edited by devlman, 04 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#2200 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Edited by devils26, 04 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users