2873 replies to this topic

#2201 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Oh well...13 years and $98 million is pure insanity for Zach. For that kind of coin, I'm glad he's not a Devil...no way he's worth that.

Lou and the Devils will recover.

This just makes it all the more imperative to lock up Zajac. One thing at a time I know, but I want Lou on that like flies on sh!t.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2202 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Zach Parise is an a$$hole. fvck him I hope he enjoys losing every year.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#2203 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

zach gets #11 most likely (koivu is 9)
Devils.

#2204 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,014 posts

Oh well...13 years and $98 million is pure insanity for Zach. For that kind of coin, I'm glad he's not a Devil...no way he's worth that.

Lou and the Devils will recover.

Exactly, this was always a lose-lose for fans like I have said 100 times. It seems all the Devils fans ever wanted was for Parise to just love the state, the organization, and the fans. They wanted to be chosen. But at the end of the day, he is not worth close to this kind of contract. Not a fvcking chance. And if he had chosen the Devils, the honey moon would be pretty quick and the realization of how bad this deal is would quickly set in.

I'm excited for the fans of Minnesota. These are some of the best fans in sports that have had nothing good to cheer for since they came into the league really. This is a team that has been floundering for years. While they overpaid for some stars, it's something for them. And that's enough.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2205 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Sunday november 11 I am buying tix just to boo the hell out of him. I may be irrational but sorry

#2206 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Crazy contracts. What a joke.
It's the whiskey talking.

#2207 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Now that my initial rage and disappointment has settled down a bit..

That is a horrible deal, all things considered. In no way, shape, or form should the Devils have committed that much money to him, especially having given Kovy his contract. That much money in two left wingers would have been a terrible, terrible idea.

The Devils can recover from this. Now, if Zajac leaves next year..that's a problem worth pulling some hair out over.

***IF ANYTHING HAS BEEN LEARNED FROM THIS, I HOPE IT'S THAT LOU SHOULD START CONTRACT TALKS WITH IMPENDING UFA'S BEFORE THE END OF JUNE

He had best start talking to Zajac in fvcking October.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#2208 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

damn already... :soap: :rant:

Posted Image

:puke:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2209 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Figures, he picks a horrible team for a ridiculous amount of money, just to play at home. I'm sure JP, the future wifey and his agent had lots to do with that decision. all about $. Well, I wish him well, and the fact he's playing in the west means we'll rarely see him.

Just annoyed at the fact now we'll probably go another season without anyone wearing the C

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#2210 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Exactly, this was always a lose-lose for fans like I have said 100 times. It seems all the Devils fans ever wanted was for Parise to just love the state, the organization, and the fans. They wanted to be chosen. But at the end of the day, he is not worth close to this kind of contract. Not a fvcking chance. And if he had chosen the Devils, the honey moon would be pretty quick and the realization of how bad this deal is would quickly set in.

I'm excited for the fans of Minnesota. These are some of the best fans in sports that have had nothing good to cheer for since they came into the league really. This is a team that has been floundering for years. While they overpaid for some stars, it's something for them. And that's enough.

Respond to me.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2211 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,584 posts

The rumor is that he offered Zach a contract in February. And even if that didn't happen, Zach picked his hometown team. Were the Devils going to have the state of Minnesota transported, lake by lake, to New Jersey?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2212 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Will the wild get a pair 1st rounders taken from them for two kovalchuk like contracts?

#2213 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Its frustrating but I don't feel like he strung us or the Devils along. It had to have been the hardest decision of his life. I can accept this.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2214 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

:puke:

They look like they are sitting on a pile of cash or maybe something else.

#2215 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Minnesota now has two of the worst contracts in hockey counting against their caps for 13 years with pretty much no way out of them. Absolutely horrendous contracts.

This is why Lou is in charge. The Kovy deal is a million times better for the team than what Parise/Suter just signed.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#2216 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

The rumor is that he offered Zach a contract in February. And even if that didn't happen, Zach picked his hometown team. Were the Devils going to have the state of Minnesota transported, lake by lake, to New Jersey?

I saw that once on some reality show.

#2217 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

I respect his decision to play elsewhere, but I can't say I respect the way he did it. I know all the "we" and "us" stuff is often reading too far into things, but Parise said he wants to stay. He made it clear that he was happy in NJ and did everything but outright tell us that the would re-sign with the Devils. At least Kovalchuk had the decency to say that although he was happy here, it's a business and he would be open to other offers. Parise makes it seem like NJ or nothing, and then bolts.

UGH, at least it's a bad contract. Here's to hoping we can get Paajarvi or something.

#2218 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,216 posts

Why can't we draft or sign any players from New Jersey that want to play here? **** Bobby Ryan, local boy who wants to be a Flyer.

And the Wild probably still had the highest offer unless the Flyers actually did go over $100 million so I don't really want to hear about hometown.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 12:03 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2219 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

at that contract we don't sign Zach even if we don't have kovy. Glad Lou went the extra mile for him cause it's better to have one then none. Feels like Nieds where it wasn't just about money, although nieds took less.

Not sure how Zach signs here without people caling for Lou's head for giving the worst contract in nhl history.

not happy but at least sh!t will be blown up today to relieve some stress

Joe

ps just an educated guess. people will predict we miss the playoffs. This team makes it as a 5 - 7 seed then anything can happen once the dance begins, won't be a favorite but wont shock if you win a few rounds. Like most of the teams Lou has put together over the last 20 years.

Edited by Joe B, 04 July 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Joe

#2220 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,014 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Respond to me.

?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users