2873 replies to this topic

#221 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

ANYBODY that thinks they are keeping Parise for less then $7.5M is ONLY kidding themselves.

That would be a 25% raise and agreeable amount for the most part. 8-10 year contract is what we are looking at no less I would imagine.

Those who think he is going to take 6 or 7m are low balling the situation, plus you probably don't want to insult the guy either.

Lets see how this works itself out.

I think people who are saying 6 or 7 million are factoring in low back end years that would bring down the overall cap hit, which makes sense. I think the Devils will probably attempt to offer a deal that has a slightly lower first couple of years to offset the large Kovy payments of 11 million plus for the next 5 seasons.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#222 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Coming up..."Cap Circumvention" penalty PART II!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#223 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Meh I'm doing myself a favor and rarely checking for updates. Nothing will happen until after the draft, we can be pretty sure of that.

But, just to contribute to the discussion, our favorite 'reporter' in the world, Єklund (2.3% accurate), posted this rumor today:

Parise's Rights to Colorado

Now, I happened to see some random person on twitter posted this rumor yesterday, so he could just be piggy backing off that. Just take the (EXTREMELY UN-CREDIBLE) rumor for what it's worth.

Edit: It's not Єklund (2.3% accurate) apparently, it's Aaron Musick. Nonetheless, it's on hockeybuzz, so it's likely baseless.

Horsesh!t.

The rumored deal is Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Chuck Kobasew, the 41st overall pick this year and a first round pick in 2013 (risky since that could be a guaranteed number 11 pick if there is a lockout) for Parise and Johan Hedberg.

How the hell are we trading Hedberg? He's a UFA as well.

The source of the rumor is some place called "Eurolanche" and this Musick guy is just regurgitating it. Reading it from the source, it reads like some fan's hope for a sh!t deal to be taken.

#224 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Horsesh!t.

How the hell are we trading Hedberg? He's a UFA as well.

The source of the rumor is some place called "Eurolanche" and this Musick guy is just regurgitating it. Reading it from the source, it reads like some fan's hope for a sh!t deal to be taken.

Can anyone tell me the last time anything of significant value was traded for negotiating rights? It's usually something like a third or fourth round pick.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#225 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well I heard we're trading Hedberg, Tedenby and this year's first and next year's third for Eric Staal and Matt Niskanen and Pitt's 4th. Spread it all over the internets.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#226 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

ANYBODY that thinks they are keeping Parise for less then $7.5M is ONLY kidding themselves.

That would be a 25% raise and agreeable amount for the most part. 8-10 year contract is what we are looking at no less I would imagine.

Those who think he is going to take 6 or 7m are low balling the situation, plus you probably don't want to insult the guy either.

Lets see how this works itself out.

well it depends at what you're looking at in comparison for his cap hit... some guys have bad contracts and overpayment while some other took a discount and are worth every single penny.

out of all the guys getting 7+millions in cap hit... (Rinne, Doughty, Iginla, Spezza, Vanek, Campbell, Gomez, Gaborik, Heatley, Levavalier, Nash, Staal, Crosby, Ovechkin) only 6 of them are worth that to me (rinne, doughty, crosby, ovechkin, spezza and iggy)

then theres guys like the sedins, zetterberg, dastyuk, backstrom, mike richards, sharp, toews who "should" deserve a little bit more than what they have

www.SterioDesign.com

#227 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

well it depends at what you're looking at in comparison for his cap hit... some guys have bad contracts and overpayment while some other took a discount and are worth every single penny.

out of all the guys getting 7+millions in cap hit... (Rinne, Doughty, Iginla, Spezza, Vanek, Campbell, Gomez, Gaborik, Heatley, Levavalier, Nash, Staal, Crosby, Ovechkin) only 6 of them are worth that to me (rinne, doughty, crosby, ovechkin, spezza and iggy)

then theres guys like the sedins, zetterberg, dastyuk, backstrom, mike richards, sharp, toews who "should" deserve a little bit more than what they have

The Sedins and a couple of the Detroit players clearly accepted lower then market price contracts so they could stay together on a "winning" team. Who knows what Zach is thinking. It's certainly hard for Lou to argue moderation when he'll be playing next to Kovys $100M contract.
Posted Image

#228 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

The Sedins and a couple of the Detroit players clearly accepted lower then market price contracts so they could stay together on a "winning" team. Who knows what Zach is thinking. It's certainly hard for Lou to argue moderation when he'll be playing next to Kovys $100M contract.

of course but Kovy also outproduced Zach during the season and in the playoffs even if he was playing at like 60%

Kovy also had a better career, hardwares and productions when he signed his deal than Zach. So i cant see him getting more than kovy really

of course Zach has heart and everything... but if you could get paid for that... Steve Begin would be making a lot more money lol

Edited by SterioDesign, 21 June 2012 - 09:40 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#229 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just saw a pretty damn close Parise look-a-like at Frankford Hall in Philly.. Bad juju if you ask me.. A Parise Giroux line would be scary
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#230 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just saw a pretty damn close Parise look-a-like at Frankford Hall in Philly.. Bad juju if you ask me.. A Parise Giroux line would be scary

Not worried too much about that happening. They dont have the cap space, at least not now.

#231 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Z. Michalek traded to PHX. Penguins clearing cap space.

I swear Parise, I'll fvcking flip a sh!t if you sign in Pitt.

#232 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Z. Michalek traded to PHX. Penguins clearing cap space.

I swear Parise, I'll fvcking flip a sh!t if you sign in Pitt.

It's getting to be a very frightening possibility. If, by Tuesday, we get more status quo bullsh!t from Lou, that's where Zach's going to end up.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#233 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Pitt needs to address their D. Their O end is fine.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#234 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I never liked lou's passive approach... I dont care how it worked out in the past... But its fvcking freaking me out

Why fvcking WAIT to approach Zach NOW!?! The more he wait the more Zach has a foot out of the door and other teams are setting themselves in position to get him too...

If we do lose parise im gonna have a pretty solid grudge toward Lou for awhile thats for sure

www.SterioDesign.com

#235 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

I never liked lou's passive approach... I dont care how it worked out in the past... But its fvcking freaking me out

Why fvcking WAIT to approach Zach NOW!?! The more he wait the more Zach has a foot out of the door and other teams are setting themselves in position to get him too...

If we do lose parise im gonna have a pretty solid grudge toward Lou for awhile thats for sure

If Zach wants to stay here, he'll stay here. This line about not being approached causing him to leave is ridiculous.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#236 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

It's getting to be a very frightening possibility. If, by Tuesday, we get more status quo bullsh!t from Lou, that's where Zach's going to end up.

Pens have space now. Parise with Crosby would make winning this division impossible for the rest of us.

#237 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Pens have space now. Parise with Crosby would make winning this division impossible for the rest of us.

Crosby and Malkin both havw to be resigned in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Pitt would end up with half of the cap tied into 3 players. Plus Letang will be due as well in a couple of years.

#238 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

I go to school in Philly and my friends and I always point out this one kid who looks just like Parise

Damn

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#239 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Crosby and Malkin both havw to be resigned in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Pitt would end up with half of the cap tied into 3 players. Plus Letang will be due as well in a couple of years.

The Penguins are exceptionally good at getting marginal players to sign for extremely cheap. Right now there's 5 guys on their team signed for $675,000 or less.

If they trade Paul Martin, the Penguins could afford Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Parise, and Suter. They'd have a team like this:

Parise-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Kunitz
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Jeffrey-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Letang
Suter-Niskanen
Despres-Lovejoy

Fleury
Vokoun

Which is a really excellent team. Top heavy yes, but top heavy with 3 of the top 20 forwards in the game, plus 2 of the top 20 D (probably - it's unclear just how good Suter is).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#240 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I don't see it happening but it would be devastating to see Pittsburgh have Malkin, Crosby, Neal, Parise, Letang, and Suter all one team.

I still doubt it happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users