2873 replies to this topic

#2461 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2462 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.

Hahah! Seriously, what he did was the opposite of loyal. I'd have a lot more respect if he didn't go on and on about wanting to be a Devil and wanting to win. He could have just said "looking forward to the FA process" or something along those lines. But to find out he was waiting on his bestie to sign and had them take matching deals points to the fact we were nothing but second choice (if not third or fourth) for him. It all sounds a little immature to me. I don't understand how you can get so close to hoisting a cup as a CAPTAIN of a team and spew BS about wanting to win and then do this. Either ZP is as phony as they come or he's delusional/so full of himself he thinks he&Suter automatically equals cup run for the Wild

Edited by LA03, 04 July 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#2463 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm glad they didn't waste any time...

http://devils.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

#2464 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

:puke:

Can't wait to see the Wild sign Langenbrunner next.

I fully expect this. They have just under 2 mil of cap space and plenty of time to make a trade before the season starts.

#2465 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

fvck him ! Seriously fvck ZACH parise! He can say what he want (i want to stay wit the Devils etc... he isa gone ! Why to be with stupid friends and to be with the Wild ! he lied he says he want to work things out with New Jersey, we give him a competitive contract and he goes elsewhere! J>ust fvck him go with the wild. You and Suter Will never win the cup. I'l remember you as a good player but as a liar first! fvck you you dont deserve Kovalchuk contract cause you dont have his number... bring your stupid smile to minnessota because that all you can bring to them !

I swear Lou will invite you in the parking lot when we will win lord stanley!

Seriously i have no more respect for parise! (You are the next scott gomez)

#2466 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Haha they even took the wallpaper of him off the website...

#2467 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Haha they even took the wallpaper of him off the website...

and Boulton and Sykora are still on the roster page lol

#2468 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2469 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.

This post sums up the entire episode

#2470 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

#2471 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hahaha perfection

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2472 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

#2473 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#2474 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

:cheers: well said

#2475 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

You sure he wasn't talking about the whole team? Semin actually played really well this past playoffs. I think for the first time, Hunter had him playing more defensive and it worked nicely for him for the most part, why not come on over to jersey and keep it going? i mean kovy bought in, why not him too?

#2476 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hahah! Seriously, what he did was the opposite of loyal. I'd have a lot more respect if he didn't go on and on about wanting to be a Devil and wanting to win. He could have just said "looking forward to the FA process" or something along those lines. But to find out he was waiting on his bestie to sign and had them take matching deals points to the fact we were nothing but second choice (if not third or fourth) for him. It all sounds a little immature to me. I don't understand how you can get so close to hoisting a cup as a CAPTAIN of a team and spew BS about wanting to win and then do this. Either ZP is as phony as they come or he's delusional/so full of himself he thinks he&Suter automatically equals cup run for the Wild

Right on. As I said earlier- if you wanna leave, fine. When asked about your plans, say 'no comment', or speak in generalities like everyone else does in these situations. He took it over the top, and flat-out lied to everyone. I wonder how his teammates feel.

#2477 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

And I mean really, the guys that went FA this offseason wanted more YEARS here, not money. Marty wanted two years, Moose wanted two years, Sal wanted three. Marty was trying to get Zach to come back and Sal was even talking to him before he himself signed to come back. Our fourth liners all re-signed before FA on two-year deals, and at least a couple of them could have gotten more money later on. Freaking Andy Greene got offers even higher than the one we were killing the Devils for giving him last year and he took less to stay without a NTC. It's gotta be killing these guys the captain bailed on them like this.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#2478 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Please no. He's been criticized for laziness and choking. I'd rather take the current roster and some solid wingers than overpay for Semin.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#2479 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

And THIS is why I hate Zach Parise now. Not because he left. Because of THIS. It's a scummy, low-brow move, and I hope the hockey gods keep it in mind moving forward.

#2480 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Please no. He's been criticized for laziness and choking. I'd rather take the current roster and some solid wingers than overpay for Semin.

That's the problem, there aren't any solid wingers left other than Semin or the guys you'd have to give up an arm and a leg to trade for unless you want to hope Doan shakes loose and then overpay for him. It was a thin crop of wingers this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users