2873 replies to this topic

#2501 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah here's another question for Captain Cocksucker: if winning was SO important to you, and your best bud didnt want to come to the east, how come you didn't take less money to both go to Detroit? What's the matter? Couldn't deal with the pressure to win in Detroit? Or were you and your little friend afraid Detroit would be moved to the east after re-alignment, and you'd have to face the Devils 4 times a year? :rolleyes:

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 July 2012 - 05:28 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2502 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Here is Lous phone call...

http://devils.nhl.co...d=458&iid=40056

#2503 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

The Minnesota Wild have already made desktop wallpapers of the two new stars:

Posted Image

I'm not ready to make fun of him yet. I know I'm kinda gay but its just too soon, for me anyway.

815631765.gif

#2504 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Oh well. Thus begins another new era. Kovalchuk for Captain.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#2505 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Let's how Henrique doesnt pull this sh!t with oilers

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2506 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Let's how Henrique doesnt pull this sh!t with oilers

We don't have to worry about that. Nobody wants to live in Edmonton. But isn't Henrique from Ontario?

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#2507 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yeah here's another question for Captain Cocksucker: if winning was SO important to you, and your best bud didnt want to come to the east, how come you didn't take less money to both go to Detroit? What's the matter? Couldn't deal with the pressure to win in Detroit? Or were you and your little friend afraid Detroit would be moved to the east after re-alignment, and you'd have to face the Devils 4 times a year? :rolleyes:

Tough one to answer. Could be because he's not from Detroit. But I bet it's because he can't handle the pressure.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2508 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

That's the problem, there aren't any solid wingers left other than Semin or the guys you'd have to give up an arm and a leg to trade for unless you want to hope Doan shakes loose and then overpay for him. It was a thin crop of wingers this year.

I'm fine waiting for the deadline. They've won riding Elias and Kovy without Zach. They can do it again for awhile. Usually the deadline's more of a buyer's market, especially considering what a seller's market we have now. We have a lot of dmen, and more d prospects. I'm fine with trading one of them to a team thin on the blueline.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#2509 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

See, I get the emotion, but posts like this are why I have counter arguments or maybe should take a break from the thread or the boards for a bit. MadDog2020, you know Zach's #1 priority in this was to go home to Minny. This was quite clear. It was going home or back to NJ. That's why he said no to Pittsburgh, Philly and Detroit. And you'd be 500x more angry if he went to any of those three teams.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2510 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

See, I get the emotion, but posts like this are why I have counter arguments or maybe should take a break from the thread or the boards for a bit. MadDog2020, you know Zach's #1 priority in this was to go home to Minny. This was quite clear. It was going home or back to NJ. That's why he said no to Pittsburgh, Philly and Detroit. And you'd be 500x more angry if he went to any of those three teams.

At least you get the emotion. Rainman just continues to fire off cute little one-liners.

#2511 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

We don't know about Detroit though. Reports were that Sutter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to overpay Parise. Minnesota said come here guys and we'll be cute and give you guys the same exact contract. Sounds like it was all about the $$$ there, it just happened to be that his home town wanted to spend the most $$$.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#2512 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

because from what's being said out there, Suter never wanted to come to the east. Suter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to pay Parise as much so then Parise talked Minnesota into getting Suter too. Pleaseeee can we have the same contracts? I think Parise bullsh!ted us all year long and its way more obvious now.

The more thats coming out the more Im convinced its the NHL version of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in a circle jerk leading up to today.

#2513 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Guess Zach wants to watch the Cup Finals on TV, and not play in them anymore... Still love him as a player, but lost some respect for him today...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#2514 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm not in on the hating Zach parade (though I understand the need to vent), but I absolutely love the Photoshop possibilities with Zach and Suter. The Wham! album was a great start.

To the more PS-gifted posters of NJDevs, get to it! Please :cheers:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#2515 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,892 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

We don't know about Detroit though. Reports were that Sutter wanted to go to Detroit but they didn't want to overpay Parise. Minnesota said come here guys and we'll be cute and give you guys the same exact contract. Sounds like it was all about the $$$ there, it just happened to be that his home town wanted to spend the most $$$.

Parise said he was going to Minnesota or staying in New Jersey, and that's pretty much what Lou said as well. Could money have been the factor? Sure, but I doubt it.

MD2020: I understand the emotion too, it's a sh!tty day, but I don't understand being upset at Parise or calling him all kinds of names, or most hilariously, being upset that he went to Minnesota and not, say, the Rangers?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2516 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm not in on the hating Zach parade (though I understand the need to vent), but I absolutely love the Photoshop possibilities with Zach and Suter. The Wham! album was a great start.

To the more PS-gifted posters of NJDevs, get to it! Please :cheers:

Saw this on hf...

Posted Image

#2517 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

And that's what I was getting at with that question. You wanna win and play with your freind? Take less money and go to Detroit and stop telling everyone that money doesn't matter.

#2518 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

or most hilariously, being upset that he went to Minnesota and not, say, the Rangers?

Well at least that's the only thing he didn't lie about but then again, Sutter didn't want to come East so that wasn't really hard for him to say no to the Rangers.

#2519 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think this is a great day for the Devils simply because it forces them to move on in an appropriate direction, spending that kind of money and length for Parise would not be smart.
As great as Parise is, I don't think the deal makes the Wild contenders, also with all the nonsense of wanting to play with Suter and planning out this endeavor makes me question his maturity.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#2520 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,866 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Parise said he was going to Minnesota or staying in New Jersey, and that's pretty much what Lou said as well. Could money have been the factor? Sure, but I doubt it.

MD2020: I understand the emotion too, it's a sh!tty day, but I don't understand being upset at Parise or calling him all kinds of names, or most hilariously, being upset that he went to Minnesota and not, say, the Rangers?

The reason why I'm upset as I am is because of the WAY this went down Tri. That's why. As I've said- if you didn't want to stay, don't give us all a "we", "us", "don't worry" dog and pony show, and just do what Gomez did and speak in vague tones. It seemed to me this was pre-meditated by Zach's comments. So I'm upset because of that- not neccassarily because he left in the first place (and believe me, I realize it could be worse and they both could've gone to Philly or Pittsburgh). I wanted to believe Zach actually cared about this franchise. I was wrong. I guess that's on me, but I'm not alone in thinking that. So I feel like we were all taken for a ride. And that's what bothers me most about the way he handled this. It wasn't at all sincere, as much as he wants us to think it was.

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 July 2012 - 05:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users