Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hows this for a gem from the past...

http://www.nj.com/de...er_play_an.html

"“We get booed every time we’re on the power play. I think it’s very unreasonable. We’re trying our best out there. It’s frustrating . "

I can't wait to boo this whining cry baby out of the building.

#2522 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image

Too soon?

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2012 - 05:57 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2523 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

The reason why I'm upset as I am is because of the WAY this went down Tri. That's why. As I've said- if you didn't want to stay, don't give us all a "we", "us", "don't worry" dog and pony show, and just do what Gomez did and speak in vague tones. It seemed to me this was pre-meditated by Zach's comments. So I'm upset because of that- not neccassarily because he left in the first place (and believe me, I realize it could be worse and they both could've gone to Philly or Pittsburgh). I wanted to believe Zach actually cared about this franchise. I was wrong. I guess that's on me, but I'm not alone in thinking that. So I feel like we were all taken for a ride. And that's what bothers me most about the way he handled this. It wasn't at all sincere, as much as he wants us to think it was.

But you assume that because he left, he didn't want to stay. What if Zach both wanted to stay, and wanted to pursue this new opportunity? I don't know why leaving via FA always has to be a middle finger. People like Gomez and Holik wanted out. I don't think Paul Martin had much interest in staying. I mean, if you believe Lou, it was down to the Devils and Minnesota, and he picked home. Maybe he's not to be believed in this case, but I don't think leaving was particularly easy for Zach, and I'm not sure he knew he was going to do it until he did.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2524 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

The reason why I'm upset as I am is because of the WAY this went down Tri. That's why. As I've said- if you didn't want to stay, don't give us all a "we", "us", "don't worry" dog and pony show, and just do what Gomez did and speak in vague tones. It seemed to me this was pre-meditated by Zach's comments. So I'm upset because of that- not neccassarily because he left in the first place (and believe me, I realize it could be worse and they both could've gone to Philly or Pittsburgh). I wanted to believe Zach actually cared about this franchise. I was wrong. I guess that's on me, but I'm not alone in thinking that. So I feel like we were all taken for a ride. And that's what bothers me most about the way he handled this. It wasn't at all sincere, as much as he wants us to think it was.

Yeah even Gomez as much of a c*ckbag as he was, wasn't phony about being a merc. Fact is he would have been irrelevant the minute he walked out the door if he went to LA, it's mainly cause he went to the Rangers (and wasn't popular to begin with) that he got all the crap he did. Zach deserves every bit as much crap as Gomez did, while he didn't go to the Rangers he was so disingenuous to everyone including his own teammates and GM that it's mind-boggling.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2525 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

[quote name='Satans Hockey' timestamp='1341442283' post='1140261']
Hows this for a gem from the past...

http://www.nj.com/de...er_play_an.html

Fixed it for ya SH:

"I got booed every time I touched the puck. I think it’s very unreasonable. It's not like I left for the Rangers or Philly. I know I lied to everyone for a whole year and conspired with Ryan to leave, but I wanted to go home and play with my friend and be near my overbearing father, and I took more money to do so. I don't know why they hate me so much".

-Zach Parise, November 11, 2012

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 July 2012 - 05:59 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2526 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

this

completely agree. i also have a lot of respect for Lou and don't like to see him played.
Bottom line is Parise did NOT want to play or live in New Jersey.
NOT the person you want as Captain and leader of the Devils.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#2527 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

But you assume that because he left, he didn't want to stay. What if Zach both wanted to stay, and wanted to pursue this new opportunity? I don't know why leaving via FA always has to be a middle finger. People like Gomez and Holik wanted out. I don't think Paul Martin had much interest in staying. I mean, if you believe Lou, it was down to the Devils and Minnesota, and he picked home. Maybe he's not to be believed in this case, but I don't think leaving was particularly easy for Zach, and I'm not sure he knew he was going to do it until he did.

His comments today tell me otherwise. They tell me he wanted to play somewhere with Ryan Suter, and they were discussing it on and off for the last 12 months. Now, being as close with Suter as he is, I'm sure Zach knew Suter had no interest in coming to the Eastern Conference. So that tells me Zach really didn't intend to stay, even if he claims we were in it to the very end. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

#2528 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Lou's only repeating what Zach told him. How do we even know he was telling the truth to Lou, since he was fibbing about almost everything else for a year or more? For all we know, we were no choice on his radar but even if we were #2 who gives a ****? The fact he wanted to play with one guy over a team he went through 110 games worth of blood, sweat and tears together is mindboggling, and by his own admission was talking about it during the season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#2529 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Too soon?

Love it DR. Not too soon at all. :koolaid:

#2530 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Some of you're embarrassing yourselfs.Parise is a good guy and deserving of a pay day.

#2531 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Some of you're embarrassing yourselfs.

This is ironic :P

#2532 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

His comments today tell me otherwise. They tell me he wanted to play somewhere with Ryan Suter, and they were discussing it on and off for the last 12 months. Now, being as close with Suter as he is, I'm sure Zach knew Suter had no interest in coming to the Eastern Conference. So that tells me Zach really didn't intend to stay, even if he claims we were in it to the very end. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Last 12 months? I bet they were talking about it during Draft Day, 2003. 'Hey, when we become NHL stars, let's play on the same team, okay?'.

I bet Zidlicky was talking about coming to New Jersey with Elias, Zubrus, and Sykora when he went on vacation with them as a member of the Wild. Guess Zidlicky was probably having wild group sex with them, also. What a snake in the grass.

Edited by Triumph, 04 July 2012 - 06:35 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2533 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Last 12 months? I bet they were talking about it during Draft Day, 2003. 'Hey, when we become NHL stars, let's play on the same team, okay?'.

I bet Zidlicky was talking about coming to New Jersey with Elias, Zubrus, and Sykora when he went on vacation with them as a member of the Wild. Guess Zidlicky was probably having wild group sex with them, also. What a snake in the grass.

Again, why do you care about what people say about a guy who's no longer a Devil seven hours after he leaves us? It's basically troll behavior to be snarky with emotions running high.

I mean really if you guys don't like anti-Zach comments then it's best you not be around here for a couple days. People are going to vent. These kind of posts only make it worse.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#2534 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

I've agreed with a lot of things that you've said lately. However, this is a douchebag post.

#2535 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

If Zach had this planned all along I'm sure they both would have signed in min day one. My gut says he wanted minny but only if he thought they would be a good team and zach felt suter makes them a good team(along with the butt buddy speculation cause this wouldn't be njdevs.com if there wasn't total over-reaction, non-stop negativity and idiotic(although admittedly funny at times) memes that take a life of their own). I'm sure it was more Zach convincing the wild to sign suter then having to convince suter to sign with the wild. The first time Zach misses the playoffs as the face of the franchise(2 years ago doesn't count because of the wonky knee) he will regret it. When he's divorced and owes 500k in alimony until 2040 he will regret it. My guess is that he signs back here instead of signing with suter for less in detroit.

The only thing that puts a doubt in my mind about what I just said is tg's speculation. I have thought tg has more insider info with zach then he reports. The tweet today about signing zach instead of making Kovy a priority 2 years ago leaves a bad taste in my mouth(like zach will leave in suter's mouth over the next 13 years). 2 years ago Kovy should have been the priority, cause that's how the contract years played out. If he was upset at Lou trying to get an top free agent or that he was no longer 'the man' on the team something is wrong. Someone looses a little face in my book casue either TG is trolling or zach misses the big picture.

here's tg's tweet
Devils made Kovalchuk their priority 2 summers ago when they should have taken care of Parise. Now, it's clearly Kovalchuk's team.

again, not happy, but not hope he blows out a knee, falls off a cliff and gets traded to the Siberian Sasquatch upset. I think he made a bad choice although his kids and their kids are set for life if he doesn't go all mc hammer.
Joe

#2536 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Zach to fans waiting outside the Rock upon the team's return from game 6:

Fans: "Zach, please stay"

Zach: "Don't worry."

#2537 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

:huh:
http://devils.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

#2538 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Whether he was a douche about this or not will eventually come out. He is far past the stage where he should have stopped talking, though.

#2539 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

If Zach had this planned all along I'm sure they both would have signed in min day one. My gut says he wanted minny but only if he thought they would be a good team and zach felt suter makes them a good team(along with the butt buddy speculation cause this wouldn't be njdevs.com if there wasn't total over-reaction, non-stop negativity and idiotic(although admittedly funny at times) memes that take a life of their own). I'm sure it was more Zach convincing the wild to sign suter then having to convince suter to sign with the wild. The first time Zach misses the playoffs as the face of the franchise(2 years ago doesn't count because of the wonky knee) he will regret it. When he's divorced and owes 500k in alimony until 2040 he will regret it. My guess is that he signs back here instead of signing with suter for less in detroit.

That's my thoughts exactly of how it went down. I just listened to an interview with the Wild's assistant GM, and it really didn't seem like much was happening until yesterday when perhaps Parise and Suter talked it out a lot. Once Parise had Suter feeling good about Minny, it was easier to go the Wild. Their assistant GM said a few teams were talking seriously about bringing both in together (certainly Detroit and Pitt, maybe Nashville), and they were both offered a lot more money by many teams if they wanted to sign alone.

So in the end, Zach took less money and wanted to go home, but play on a team that was competitive enough. I think he kept with his priorities in the end.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2540 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Again, why do you care about what people say about a guy who's no longer a Devil seven hours after he leaves us? It's basically troll behavior to be snarky with emotions running high.

I mean really if you guys don't like anti-Zach comments then it's best you not be around here for a couple days. People are going to vent. These kind of posts only make it worse.

there's venting and then there is over the top idiocy. It does take away from reading this board (which is tough enough most of the time). goes on all the time but it doesn't mean you can't point it out when it occurs. kinda like posting the Nordique pictures was the other day. The telling people you think are trolling is just as bad as the trolling. Just as much as my telling the trolling trolls they are trolling is as well.
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users