#241 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

If I'm Pittsburgh I'm spending that money in a goalie

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#242 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Right now, who does everyone see Pitt going for moving forward, Suter or Parise? They definitely are gunning for 1 at least, and I can't see them striking out on both. The opportunity is too good. And relationships or not, getting phone calls from Lemieux and Crosby pumping your tires and telling you that you are the missing piece is a pretty damn good recruiting tool.

Edited by devilsrule33, 23 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#243 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

how i love this situation...

here's a metaphor... you've been with this girl for 9 years and you're at the bar sitting by yourself in a dark corner not drinking cause you're damn broke and in debts, watching bunch of guys flirting with ur gf at the bar... one of them is her childhood's lover begging her to come back bragging his money promising her that he'll give her anything she wants, then you have that super crazy hot muscular guy that every girl dream of... and a bunch of guys around that in the mix all waiting for their chances...

and you're there... looking at the situation not doing anything cause you think... "bahhhh i got this, she loves me they don't have a chance, i'm just gonna tell her that she's a priority and that i'll mary her someday if i can finally get myself a full time job and some cash flow... it should be fine"

thats really how i feel lol... of course things could go right but im still fvcking nervous

www.SterioDesign.com

#244 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Pierre LeBrun Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Lamoriello said no team approached him this weekend to try to get Parise's rights. "They know better," smiled the Devils GM.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#245 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Per RenRavoie from RDS - Don Meehan will spend Monday with Zach Parise at his summer home in Minnesota.

for the love of god get it done

www.SterioDesign.com

#246 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have not renewed my full season tix yet. I am waiting to see wtf Lou does. I'll never stop loving this team or be a fan, but I just don't think I can stand seeing Zack in another jersey. UGH. If he goes to another team, let it be for some insane amount of overpayment because that's the only way I'll be able to deal with it.

Scoops

#247 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I have not renewed my full season tix yet. I am waiting to see wtf Lou does. I'll never stop loving this team or be a fan, but I just don't think I can stand seeing Zack in another jersey. UGH. If he goes to another team, let it be for some insane amount of overpayment because that's the only way I'll be able to deal with it.

Scoops

So you renewing your season tickets is dependent upon Lou resigning Zach?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#248 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Scoops

This is the New Jersey Devils, not the New Jersey Zachs*. Losing Parise will not be a death blow to this franchise, not even close. We were fine without him during our second half resurgence with players like Tedenby, Palmieri, Steckel, Salmela, Pelley, Zharkov, Sestito, and Mair on our roster.

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 June 2012 - 12:22 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#249 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

what i hope is that IF we cant resign him its that its not too late to get some good shopping done in the market and that it won't be too late like with the Nierdermayer situation.

www.SterioDesign.com

#250 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

So you renewing your season tickets is dependent upon Lou resigning Zach?!?

No it's dependent upon Lou re-signing Zack.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#251 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Zach not Zack Zach* It is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves when people who love Zach spell his name wrong. He has been here for a long time. :headless chicken:

Edited by Zubie#8, 23 June 2012 - 12:40 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#252 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Scoops

Yeah that's a bit extreme.. I mean everyone has their own opinions but it's weird to say you're so diehard but won't renew until 1 player resigns

I think Lou not trading Zach's rights is a good indicator that he's confident he can get Zach back.. And I genuinely feel Parise has taken ownership of this team and wants to be back leading them to more success.. He's the only Devils captain aside from Stevens to lead us to the finals
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#253 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Zach not Zack Zach* It is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves when people who love Zach spell his name wrong. He has been here for a long time. :headless chicken:

Yea and Patrick Elias and Martin Broduer.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#254 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Dainus, Danius...Dainius!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#255 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

how i love this situation...

here's a metaphor... you've been with this girl for 9 years and you're at the bar sitting by yourself in a dark corner not drinking cause you're damn broke and in debts, watching bunch of guys flirting with ur gf at the bar... one of them is her childhood's lover begging her to come back bragging his money promising her that he'll give her anything she wants, then you have that super crazy hot muscular guy that every girl dream of... and a bunch of guys around that in the mix all waiting for their chances...

and you're there... looking at the situation not doing anything cause you think... "bahhhh i got this, she loves me they don't have a chance, i'm just gonna tell her that she's a priority and that i'll mary her someday if i can finally get myself a full time job and some cash flow... it should be fine"

thats really how i feel lol... of course things could go right but im still fvcking nervous

Way to combine two of my least favorite things, losing great players as UFAs and being reminded of my lacking skills in the acquiring and keeping of gfs.

#256 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

I think Lou not trading Zach's rights is a good indicator that he's confident he can get Zach back.. And I genuinely feel Parise has taken ownership of this team and wants to be back leading them to more success.. He's the only Devils captain aside from Stevens to lead us to the finals

I don't think it's an indication of anything. It's no secret that there are supposed to be negotiations next week. It makes zero sense to trade rights before you've had a chance to even know what the player's intentions are.

Only when Zach says, I'm not re-signing under any circumstances, or perhaps if ownership says the team can't afford it, then you consider it. Even if you do, expect nothing better than a third round pick, and that would be conditioned on him actually signing with the team his rights are traded to.

Suter has more or less cut off talks with Nashville and is testing free agency, yet has not had his rights traded, even with the Penguins apparently knocking on Nashville's door. Tells you it is rarely, rarely ever worth it.

Edited by Daniel, 23 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#257 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

I predict that Zach Parise signs with the New Jersey Devils at 1:32PM on July 2nd after revising three other serious offers and realizing that the New Jersey Devils offered a good deal that also came with the "C" and the best chance of winning a Stanley Cup.

#258 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I predict that Zach Parise signs with the New Jersey Devils at 1:32PM on July 2nd after revising three other serious offers and realizing that the New Jersey Devils offered a good deal that also came with the "C" and the best chance of winning a Stanley Cup.

at the end of the day as long we get him at a fair price im okay with it. BUT if he would sign before testing the market it would be a GREAT message sent to the organization and fans, that this is where he REALLY wanted to be and didnt even think of going elsewhere. but im pretty sure he's curious to know what kind of interest is out there

www.SterioDesign.com

#259 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I expect both Zach and suter to sign pretty much immediately on the 1st, within the first few hours of free agency. There won't be much negotiating, the offers will come in and they will make decisions. I would hope Zach gives lou a chance to match offers though.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#260 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Don't forget Travis "Zajack", which I can't believe I still see all the time on Devils forums. I'm not usually a grammar/spelling nazi on the internet, but when other fans can't even spell our own players' names correctly, especially players who have been here for YEARS, I don't hesitate to correct them. "I'm a bad speller" isn't a good enough excuse. Their names are on the jerseys and included all over the TV broadcasts that we watch all season long, how have you not read the names enough times to learn how to spell them yet?

/rant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users