2873 replies to this topic

#2661 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

the fact that it was no secret that the wild will pay him big to come is against the cba but it's such a joke of a contract that there is no way we can prove it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2662 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Agree as well. I don't think Lou will bother with the baggage that comes Semin and Nash would hurt us more than help us based on what Columbus is asking in return.

It would be smarter to see where Nash, or Ryan land and if these new teams have cap problems as a result of these deals.

Brunnstrom couldn't even make in Detroit playing with Zetterburg and Datsuyk. Even in Albany I would rather give the ice time to developing players.

Yeah i know, i was looking through what’s available, and saw his name. I remember the calamity there was to sign him. He had a good first season (39 points in 55 games) and though i wonder if he could get back to that level.

I thought low risk high reward, if it fails he can go put up numbers in Albany, where to be honest we don’t have that many forward prospects he would be taking ice time from, especially with Zharkov gone and Gionta graduating to the big club.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#2663 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

The thing that caught me by surprise was the level of immaturity that Parise seems to display. His quote, “Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, we’d say to each other wouldn’t it be great to play with each other on the same team.”
Really? Did you have friends in New Jersey? Wasn't it great to play with any of them? This is coming from the Captain of a professional hockey team while the season is underway? It’s like something Pee Wee players would text. Somehow I can’t see a Captain like Scott Stevens saying that. Sounds like a couple of giggling schoolgirls.

And his other memorable quote, “I know how great a player Ryan is, I played with him in several tournaments. To play with a player of that caliber, it’s a great opportunity.”
Uh, hello Zach...how about the great opportunity of playing with a player of Kovalchuk’s caliber? Several tournaments...? It almost sounds laughable.
The wisdom of hitching the rest of your career to your childhood BFF reeks of some type of arrested development and delusional thinking. Moving “back home” may be one thing but a professional athlete tying his contract to a friend’s because it would be "great to play together" just sounds creepy and weird.
The more this plays out and I read what went down and what Zach has to say, the more it seems he is just a kid with hockey skills. Adult leadership, honesty, integrity?.....nah.

THIS.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#2664 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Parise said he wanted to return all along but he knew all year he was going to get big money and go back to Minnesota. He knew it for a long, long time.

THIS. And this is the reason why I hate him

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2665 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

THIS. And this is the reason why I hate him

YUP.

There's a man who understands what just happened.

Many others, seem not to. That's their problem.

Zach knew THE WHOLE TIME what was going to happen and how it was going to happen.

Devils weren't even given a chance.

Kid is a fraud and a pansy.

#2666 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Here's a noteworthy stat to keep in mind re the #Devils loss of Zach Parise. Over 24 playoff games, he was a MINUS-8. Adam Henrique, PLUS 12

@StanFischler
It's the whiskey talking.

#2667 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

YUP.

There's a man who understands what just happened.

Many others, seem not to. That's their problem.

Zach knew THE WHOLE TIME what was going to happen and how it was going to happen.

Devils weren't even given a chance.

Honestly I wouldn't even waste your breath with Parise anymore. Like another poster said he is now part of the Devils past and no longer part of the present or future. Let's just worry about the players we have now and let's mark Nov 11th on our calendars when we beat Minnesota 6-1 and make Parise start second-guessing his decision :cheers:

#2668 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hypothetical Question:

If Lou and the Devils would have known about the Zach wanting to play with Minnesota before the trade deadline, should we have dealt him away to another team or kept him to see how far we would have gone in the Stanley Cup run?

#2669 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

YUP.

for going home? I dont think so.. I'd agree with you if he went anywhere else.. but not home.. Everyone wants to play for your child hood team, or your home team.. and I dont think he left for money.. 7.5/yr is what many of us thought he would get.
Posted Image

#2670 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Honestly I wouldn't even waste your breath with Parise anymore. Like another poster said he is now part of the Devils past and no longer part of the present or future. Let's just worry about the players we have now and let's mark Nov 11th on our calendars when we beat Minnesota 6-1 and make Parise start second-guessing his decision :cheers:

Fair.

#2671 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,435 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hypothetical Question:

If Lou and the Devils would have known about the Zach wanting to play with Minnesota before the trade deadline, should we have dealt him away to another team or kept him to see how far we would have gone in the Stanley Cup run?

You keep him, similar to if you had made a big trade deadline acquisition who might walk, except he is free.

Good teams looking to make playoff runs add pieces, they don't send them away.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#2672 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

See Ya Zach! I cant blame you for taking big money, enjoy the wild.

now, whats up with kovy's back, thats all I care about right now

#2673 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Where's the cap circumvention penalty on his contract, too? 12 mill first year all the way down to 1 mill the final year!

Parise is a fraud who gave us lip service all year

#2674 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Where's the cap circumvention penalty on his contract, too? 12 mill first year all the way down to 1 mill the final year!

For the last time, the amendment to the CBA specifically sets out the parameters of long term frontloaded deals. If you are in compliance, no cap circumvention.

Edited by Daniel, 05 July 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2675 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yesterday was tough. Having to rid myself of my favorite player everywhere. My avatars on various sites, my wallpapers, screen savers, shirts, pucks, and among other things my jersey needs to be changed. I admit I let Zach = The Devils and I should not have done that. I feel like I'm breaking up with half the team lol. We should get a giant box and meet at the Pru center then ship it to Zach with all our Parise sh!t in it. "All the things that remind us of you....p.s. don't call anymore". :giggle:

815631765.gif

#2676 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yesterday was tough. Having to rid myself of my favorite player everywhere. My avatars on various sites, my wallpapers, screen savers, shirts, pucks, and among other things my jersey needs to be changed. I admit I let Zach = The Devils and I should not have done that. I feel like I'm breaking up with half the team lol. We should get a giant box and meet at the Pru center then ship it to Zach with all our Parise sh!t in it. "All the things that remind us of you....p.s. don't call anymore". :giggle:

You forgot you're avatar here. #insensitivity

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2677 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

You forgot you're avatar here. #insensitivity

The site wont let me change it. When I go into my profile it says access denied or something.

EDIT: "[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Edited by NJDevils1214, 05 July 2012 - 12:01 PM.

815631765.gif

#2678 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

I have worn my Parise Team USA jersey tee for the past couple of 4th of Julys. I begrudgingly wore it yesterday, for likely the last time. (I may wear it during the Olympics next time around, who knows) I have tons of Zach memorabilia that I do not want to look at for quite some time....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2679 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

The site wont let me change it. When I go into my profile it says access denied or something.

EDIT: "[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Yeah I think that's because DM has turned certain functions off because of the high traffic. Should be able to change it in a day or two.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2680 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yeaaaa.. Looks like I'll have to change mine too

... Damn

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users