#2801 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Can't win em all, Seth. O well.

you know, I know its all just a joke, but if someone makes it clear they're not comfortable being called a certain name, its a nice gesture to stop it. no skin off your back to do so.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2802 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sucks. I dreaded this. But at the least it wasn't Philly,Pitts etc. Was home, same as Suter family and friends mean more then winning all the time. Minn has offense with Heatley,Koivu, Setoguchi( think that's how you spell it) and a young Offense hard hitting prospect with Dumba. They will be good coming years. But family is more to alot of players. Rafalski,Suter,did it. Luongo wants to go to Florida where his Wife lives. Garrison is from around Vancouver. It's respectable to go back home. I don't ever stint Zach on going home. He has credited us since he has left the devils. But didn't wish he said he wants to remain a devil which is why so many are blasting him. Cut it out already. He's gone dead and gone drop it. It's Kovy now and Henrique. No one expected what Henrique did last year maybe he's our new Parise. He can play 1st line if needed. Practically won 2 Playoff series for us to.

#2803 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Its against the law to return to your hometown though. Thats what I dont get. Why did the NHL allow this? Why did George Parros return home? Like, what the fvck.

#2804 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Parise still pulls for his old team and laments its recent struggles, especially the struggle to get a new arena built.

"There is such a good fan base," he said. "Sometimes I watch games and say, 'Holy cripes, what's going on here? All the empty seats!' "

That's his father talking about the Islanders Genius, Not Zach.

EXACTLY.

As a CAPTAIN of a team in the STANLEY CUP FINALS.

Good grief. This is just getting worse folks.

The guy was a fraud, let's just be honest here.

You know, I bailed on this place for a few years because of posters like you. I was hoping things would be different this time. Guess not.
It's the whiskey talking.

#2805 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Now I understand burning your Devils Parise jersey but today I witnessed someone burning their USA Parise jersey....really?

#2806 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

I have to say, Parise looks pretty damn good in a Wild jersey.

#2807 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Now I understand burning your Devils Parise jersey but today I witnessed someone burning their USA Parise jersey....really?

Posted Image Idiot. One of the most classless things I have ever heard. I have a signed USA "C" Langs jersey - It remains well protected. I don't often say this but, "he is not a real fan."

Edited by ben00rs, 06 July 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#2808 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2809 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

I would have burned langy Jersey no matter what it is, but then again I never liked him to but anything of him.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2810 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

i disagree, loved langenbrunner. got his retro green jersey, but as i said before it was in march or april of the other year, right before he got in a fight with the coach and all that and they sunk vs philly in the playoffs. that was about the time it arrived in the mail. sucked. I thought at the time elias and marty were too old to get jersey of at the time, and Parise is for tween girls. thought Greene. should have done that. opps. bad luck with jerseys. wont buy another. also a Tampa bay buccaneer fan. started out when jerseys were finally availble in this area with alstott. thats the only good one. Clayton sucked, Lynch retired , Gaines Adams a draft pick impulse was traded as a bust and died, and caddilac fell apart weh n i got his retro orange jersey. such is life. generic Devils shirts for me. i remember laughing at people with Kovulchuck jerseys before his big contract thinking he would leave. what do i know

#2811 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

I agree with this. But the manner of how he left is looking uglier with each passing day. In fact, the only positive I can think of is that he left the conference.

And that is the problem. It gets worse by the day as more and more comes out. The constant spinning of information (what I really meant was) is like a 5 year-old trying to cover up for doing something bad. The smartest thing he could have done from the beginning was shut his mouth and say nothing. But that was not about to happen. He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

As my old friend the Penguin said in Batman returns, "You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." It was more than one city he did that to.

#2812 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

I believe in my heart he played hard while he wore our jersey. It was the reason he was the class of the free agent pool, after all. Doesn't mean i won't boo him in the future, but that's sports after all. I won't hate him, but honestly i never loved him like Elias, or even Kovy really. Will be fun booing him, and he can cry in his diamond encrusted gold rimmed tear bowl for all I care :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#2813 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

I have to say, Parise looks pretty damn good in a Wild jersey.

Blasphemy!

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#2814 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

And that is the problem. It gets worse by the day as more and more comes out. The constant spinning of information (what I really meant was) is like a 5 year-old trying to cover up for doing something bad. The smartest thing he could have done from the beginning was shut his mouth and say nothing. But that was not about to happen. He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

As my old friend the Penguin said in Batman returns, "You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." It was more than one city he did that to.

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2815 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

As much as it hurts to lose my favourite player of the Devils, the fact i invested so heavily in him as a PLAYER, it will continue to hurt, but i will also continue to support Zach Parise as a PLAYER, and i will always support my TEAM, the New Jersey Devils.

I'm even considering getting a Zach Wild Jersey, on top of several other Devils jerseys to add to my collection. The fact that i got Parise's autographed college Sioux jersey reminds me it isn't just about me loving the Devils, it's admiring him for his playing style. And I wish him all the best with the Wild, although I do have my own opinions on the matter.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#2816 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Alright alright yo I'm tired of people sayIng how Zach played us and how they think they've figured it all out.

Quotes like, "dont worry," or, "im loyal," are so blown out of proportion and are completely legit. The bottom line is he wanted to go home. We didn't short him with a weak contract and he didn't stiff us with selling out for money.

He wanted to play for Minnesota- what do you exoect him to do-force himself to play for us? All we can ask for is someone who isn't a dickhead about it.

The guy worked his ass off for us every night. He played his heart out for us and we have to respect that he truly wanted to play for minn- its his fvckin choice

He did not play us. If anything he just bought himself some time by not admitting he'd rather play for minn. but what'd you want him to do? This decision would determine his future for the next 13 years, I'm pretty sure that matters more than out feelings for like 2 days

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

#2817 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

He wants to go home and play with his little friend fine. Keep them all happy because I really don't care.

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.
Posted Image

#2818 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Luckily the only ZP thing I have is an 06-07 team signed stick. Talk about players who've left the Devils!

#2819 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

I keep thinking... this has got to be really insulting if you were one of his Devils teammates who thought you were his friend.

I'd like to hear what Zajac has to say about this for sure.

Edited by ben00rs, 07 July 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#2820 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

While I'm not as okay with Parise considering he was pretty determined with Minnesota you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he knew at the beginning of the season that he was gone, he didn't coast through the season.

exxaftly. if he wanted to go, he wanted to go. what else do you expect him to do?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users