2873 replies to this topic

#321 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

After the season we just had, I can't believe that some people actually still second guess anything Lou does.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#322 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

well "happily" Zach backed off from his comment about not signing for the Rangers saying he was put on the spot and that "we'll see what happen"

http://www.1500espn....ht_end_up062012

i have the worst feeling in the worst about this

www.SterioDesign.com

#323 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yeah and usually people are more truthful when they're 'put on the spot'. Obviously his agents have slapped him silly after he all but said give me a contract in the days after the Finals, this is how the game's played. He's not going to the Rangers rivalry or no rivalry, they're not going to offer him the most money and their system doesn't fit with his game. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be beneficial to have them in the bidding...just ask Elias. Pittsburgh is another animal though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 June 2012 - 07:54 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#324 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

No sense driving away suitors when you're going to have 10+ of them. Rangers aren't winning this bidding war, so I don't know why you'd be so sensitive about it. More leverage to play everyone against the nutball that's going to run in with $90M.

#325 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

lol im trying to picture Zach like... in a pens jersey scoring and humping like he usually does when he's scoring... all happy...

and i suddenly panic and try to think of something else cause i dont really want to see that

www.SterioDesign.com

#326 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

No it's dependent upon Lou re-signing Zack.

???

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#327 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

???

I was referring to his misspelling of Zach.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#328 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Isn't today supposed to be the day?

#329 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Isn't today supposed to be the day?

I've heard different things. All that appears to be true is that Meehan is meeting with Zsch at his home in Minnesota sometime today. There were conflicting reports that Lou was supposed to meet with Wade Arnott today in NJ. However it goes down today, there is supposed to be a meeting between Zach and/or his agents and Lou tomorrow.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#330 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I would think the negotiations just started, it would be pretty amazing if Parise did anything now

#331 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

If Parise really wants to be a New Jersey Devil for life, if I were him I'd sign before July 1. The numbers of course matter and he'll be in the 7.5 mill range, but the PR for doing so would be priceless. To show the entire Devils' fan base that he WANTS to be here and signed BEFORE the bidding war started. Ya, financially it's not the right move and could cost him money, but if he does sign before that date he's proven that this is where he wants to be and this is his team. If he signs here after July 1st, you get the feeling that he tried to take every dollar he could from NJ (not that there's anything wrong with that as it's his business) and used the bidding process to do it. Something Marty could have easily done, but didn't. And how is Marty viewed by Devils' fans?

Please stay Zach....
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#332 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

If Parise really wants to be a New Jersey Devil for life, if I were him I'd sign before July 1. The numbers of course matter and he'll be in the 7.5 mill range, but the PR for doing so would be priceless. To show the entire Devils' fan base that he WANTS to be here and signed BEFORE the bidding war started. Ya, financially it's not the right move and could cost him money, but if he does sign before that date he's proven that this is where he wants to be and this is his team. If he signs here after July 1st, you get the feeling that he tried to take every dollar he could from NJ (not that there's anything wrong with that as it's his business) and used the bidding process to do it. Something Marty could have easily done, but didn't. And how is Marty viewed by Devils' fans?

Please stay Zach....

If he resigns, I'll be happy- I don't care if he waits or not, although it would be awesome if he signed before July 1. Elias listened to offers and resigned after hearing what else was out there, it doesn't affect anyone's perception of him as one of the ultimate Devils of all-time.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#333 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

If he resigns, I'll be happy- I don't care if he waits or not, although it would be awesome if he signed before July 1. Elias listened to offers and resigned after hearing what else was out there, it doesn't affect anyone's perception of him as one of the ultimate Devils of all-time.

In fact, I think people respect Elias a lot for deciding to stay even after getting all of those offers.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#334 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

In fact, I think people respect Elias a lot for deciding to stay even after getting all of those offers.

Idk, I think a player who says "i don't even care what other teams have to offer, I want to be here" is a more admirable stance then fielding offers and then deciding to stick it out here. That said, for me, the difference between the two stances is pretty minute and I'd be very pleased either way.

#335 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Nah, people forget he was ever really a UFA in the first place, cause he didn't take forever to sign. That's why people were so shocked when it came out this year how he was close to going to the Rangers (common knowledge if you were following it at the time). Plus I don't exactly think Elias took less to stay here, well he did money-wise but he got a NMC which he wasn't getting from the other deal.

With all the blatant tampering going on with Zach this offseason, he'd better not take very long to decide since he probably already knows what half the teams are offering anyway lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#336 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Please stay Zach....

I really don't think fans' perception of players is that important to any free agent, especially when it could cost him millions and if he re-signs the fans are going to love him regardless of if he does before or after July 1st.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#337 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Nah, people forget he was ever really a UFA in the first place, cause he didn't take forever to sign. That's why people were so shocked when it came out this year how he was close to going to the Rangers (common knowledge if you were following it at the time). Plus I don't exactly think Elias took less to stay here, well he did money-wise but he got a NMC which he wasn't getting from the other deal.

With all the blatant tampering going on with Zach this offseason, he'd better not take very long to decide since he probably already knows what half the teams are offering anyway lol.

Apparently, Arnott is no longer commenting on Parise, so my guess is that preliminary discussions are underway.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#338 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

In terms of competition i've heard rumors about:

Wild: Hometown, cap room, not on the cusp of contending, might be face of franchise (endorsement $$)
Detroit: Premier organization in the league, cap room, top flight talent and s/b a contender
Pittsburgh: Play with Crosby who is a friend, cap room (do they really?), contender, great offensive talent,
Rangers: most endorsement possibilities, cap room, contender, doesn't really have to move too far
Flyers: contender, offensively talented young team, doesn't have to move far, D and G suspect, cap room

The only one that really doesn't make sense to me is Pittsburgh. Financially can they really play for the top FA? Anyone else? What did I get wrong?
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#339 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

In terms of competition i've heard rumors about:

Wild: Hometown, cap room, not on the cusp of contending, might be face of franchise (endorsement $$)
Detroit: Premier organization in the league, cap room, top flight talent and s/b a contender
Pittsburgh: Play with Crosby who is a friend, cap room (do they really?), contender, great offensive talent,
Rangers: most endorsement possibilities, cap room, contender, doesn't really have to move too far
Flyers: contender, offensively talented young team, doesn't have to move far, D and G suspect, cap room

The only one that really doesn't make sense to me is Pittsburgh. Financially can they really play for the top FA? Anyone else? What did I get wrong?

LA has been rumored.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#340 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Apparently, Arnott is no longer commenting on Parise, so my guess is that preliminary discussions are underway.

TG already reported that Lou will be meeting with Parise's agent today.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users