#521 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Did you ask?

Yeah, I talked to him last night. He said that he got 6 last year and wouldn't take any less per year because he is used to 6 mill income now and doesn't think he is worth less than that. He said also with starting a family that he wouldn't want to take a pay cut.
Posted Image

#522 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

well thats taking in account bad contracts, but you gotta look at guys with similar skills set and smaller cap hit like datyuk, mike richards etc etc

There's a saying in the NFL, you're only as smart as the dumbest GM in the league. Whether someone else got a "bad" contract is irrelevant.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#523 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nah, this changes nothing. Crosby's cap hit is the same. Doesn't affect Parise's market price.

Whatever his cap hit is affects what the Pens can spend on other free agents, for better or worse.

What the best player in the league gets, tends to affect what other players get.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#524 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, I talked to him last night. He said that he got 6 last year and wouldn't take any less per year because he is used to 6 mill income now and doesn't think he is worth less than that. He said also with starting a family that he wouldn't want to take a pay cut.

The traumas of starting a married life with a $6 million income for one year before it gets raised to 9. How would he survive?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#525 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

I think he means it's significant because it gives a better estimation of the money the Pens have to add a guy like Parise or Weber

But it doesn't. Sid's cap hit was already $8.7M. The idea that he was coming in lower than his cap hit was absurd. So he's coming in at the same or slightly higher. Changes nothing.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#526 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

The traumas of starting a married life with a $6 million income for one year before it gets raised to 9. How would he survive?

Yeah I don't know. I told him to live a day in my shoes with my 5 figure salary.
Posted Image

#527 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

It does make sense he wouldn't want to take a paycut at 'this' point in his career, though ironically I think Kovy did since he was making slightly north of $6 million in Atlanta then got $6 million even the first couple years of his deal. Zach can do the same thing and not take a paycut, at least until later in his career when he'd just about have to take a cut anyway.

6-6-11-11-11-7.5-5-2.5

8-60...that's I think your best-case scenario.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 June 2012 - 10:56 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#528 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Look, all I was saying 'in my opinion' there is no way Parise would take 4 mil in real money after he made 6 this year. 6M this year can be seen as reasonable, but i'd eat my shoe if he took 4M in real money this year. Its just my opinion though.
Posted Image

#529 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Look, all I was saying 'in my opinion' there is no way Parise would take 4 mil in real money after he made 6 this year. 6M this year can be seen as reasonable, but i'd eat my shoe if he took 4M in real money this year. Its just my opinion though.

Yeah I agree. Between 4 million and 6 million you're still obviously very wealthy but it would still be a 33% pay cut.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#530 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

while i know that Parise will "likely" got go to july 1st... i like how reporters just IGNORE the possibility of him resigning before that even if both the team and Zach said they'd like to get a deal done before that.

per Russo from the Wild

"The Wild's contract offer to Parise on Sunday will be, let's just say, absolutely colossal."

its no big deal really but during the whole article he's absolutely ignoring any chance of NJ to re-sign him eventhough thats what both sides are saying.

http://www.startribu.../160694815.html

www.SterioDesign.com

#531 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

I love how there's not even a peep about Suter in the media for fear of tampering, but everyone can't wait to comment on Zach.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#532 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

I love how there's not even a peep about Suter in the media for fear of tampering, but everyone can't wait to comment on Zach.

i'd be shocked if there's not "at least" investigations going on about it...

the wild found a way to let it CLEARLY known about how long they are willing to give him and roughly how much and that it would be a colossal offer bigger than what any team could give.

then its been reported that Crosby has been trying to lure Zach in Pittsburgh

in other cases you have Toews trying to lure Doan in Chicago...

i don't get how this is not tampering eventhough its not technically dealing with the client... but in my opinion... getting your playings to talk DIRECTLY to a guy to lure him or get numbers out by the media is way more tampering than Wilson saying they'd be interested to the Sedins in a press conference...

ridiculous

www.SterioDesign.com

#533 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

All of the arguable tampering is coming from one place . . . Minnesota. There's no league-wide chatter on what other teams will offer Parise. The Penguins have come the closest, but did not cross the line like Minnesota did, at least in my mind -- a former team executive who still has close ties to the team stating publicly that it won't get outbid.
Posted Image

#534 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

i'd be shocked if there's not "at least" investigations going on about it...

the wild found a way to let it CLEARLY known about how long they are willing to give him and roughly how much and that it would be a colossal offer bigger than what any team could give.

then its been reported that Crosby has been trying to lure Zach in Pittsburgh

in other cases you have Toews trying to lure Doan in Chicago...

i don't get how this is not tampering eventhough its not technically dealing with the client... but in my opinion... getting your playings to talk DIRECTLY to a guy to lure him or get numbers out by the media is way more tampering than Wilson saying they'd be interested to the Sedins in a press conference...

ridiculous

You only have rumors of players giving UFAs to be sales pitches. In the Wild's case, the tampering, or at least the evidence of tampering, is indisputable.
Posted Image

#535 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

You only have rumors of players giving UFAs to be sales pitches. In the Wild's case, the tampering, or at least the evidence of tampering, is indisputable.

Regardless of what happens with Parise, I want Lou all over this. I hope he's already filed the paperwork.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#536 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Regardless of what happens with Parise, I want Lou all over this. I hope he's already filed the paperwork.

Agreed. A first round pick would be nice for obvious reasons

#537 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

What paperwork would he file? You people do realize it took the Devils ages to get the league to confirm that Stevens was tampered with, right? And that's because Stevens WANTED to go back to St. Louis. We don't even have any idea what Zach actually wants to do. This isn't tampering.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#538 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Agreed. A first round pick would be nice for obvious reasons

HA! The league would never give that. Never.

Even though I would want it.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#539 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

What paperwork would he file? You people do realize it took the Devils ages to get the league to confirm that Stevens was tampered with, right? And that's because Stevens WANTED to go back to St. Louis. We don't even have any idea what Zach actually wants to do. This isn't tampering.

The other way around you do realize that Toronto got a fine for tampering cause Wilson said "You're hearing right now — and this sounds very contradictory — but there is a real possibility I would think that we would be going after the Sedins. Let's just speculate there" on the radio.

www.SterioDesign.com

#540 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

But it doesn't. Sid's cap hit was already $8.7M. The idea that he was coming in lower than his cap hit was absurd. So he's coming in at the same or slightly higher. Changes nothing.

On the other hand, with the cap going up Crosby's % of the cap space he eats up lowers slightly. Obviously, this could be different when the new CBA comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users