2873 replies to this topic

#581 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Devils advocate position - Zach didn't meet with his agents until the day after the Draft. The Devils played hockey until June 11th. Can't blame Lou in this case considering Zach went back home to Minnesota and Lou himself had to focus on the draft. I'd consider it a different story if the Panthers knocked the Devils out and contract talks between Zach/Lou didn't start until now.

#582 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I think negotiating in season has its ups and downs, and you seem to think that it's categorically brilliant to do so.

Also Richards deal is for 12 years, I don't know why I thought it was for 15. Same principle applies.

Nop thats not what im saying at all here.

My point is. It can potentially have ups. (right? those ups can be a really good thing too) But Lou will NEVER EVER AND EVER possibly benefit from those ups cause he'll never even TRY to get them. He's putting himself in a corner and in a very though spot sometimes. To me a good GM (not saying Lou is not a good GM, not saying that AT ALL) should be able to adjust to all situations to find the best way to approach each one of them, Lou is not, he's sticking to his way. its do or die at the end. There's no protective nets to save him from a fall either sometimes. So anyways MAYBE those "ups" would not be there anymore a week before free agency.

Thats my only point, Lou has a way and a very specific one to do things and he's been able to do it for a very long time and its wonderful, his track record is good and the team had success under him for yeaaaaars. So in a way we can't really complain BUT what if he would have adjust to certain situations at the right time?

It's good to stick to ur things yeah but look at Sutter and Hitchock this season, they adjusted their way and look at the results.

www.SterioDesign.com

#583 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Dude I used to like you as a poster but you beat that damn horse to death and you've gotten real bloody annoying.

Bahhh no worries, i'm done talking about this anyway. All good bud

www.SterioDesign.com

#584 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Richards wasn't even a 5.7 million player this year, fwiw. Carter didn't really live up to his contract either and both were outside of the stable of good Phily forwards for the first time. I wouldn't say the Kings won the Cup in spite of them, but they were pretty highly paid role players in the playoffs.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 June 2012 - 04:55 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#585 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thought about this scenario today and it gets me a little nervous thinking about it: Parise and the Devils come to an agreement. Shortly thereafter, the NHL turns it down due to our financial debt. All of a sudden, it feels like the Kovy situation all over again (although different scenarios, yes).

Deep down I feel Zach really does want to stay in NJ and I feel Lou WILL get a deal done. The thing I fear most is that a third party eff's this up for us.
Posted Image

#586 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Thought about this scenario today and it gets me a little nervous thinking about it: Parise and the Devils come to an agreement. Shortly thereafter, the NHL turns it down due to our financial debt. All of a sudden, it feels like the Kovy situation all over again (although different scenarios, yes).

Deep down I feel Zach really does want to stay in NJ and I feel Lou WILL get a deal done. The thing I fear most is that a third party eff's this up for us.

Nah, no chance that happens. Its likely, if not certain, that the NHL has already spoken to the Devils if financials are that much of a hindrance to getting deals done. If they come to a deal and Zach is returning, Id imagine all I's will be dotted already.

#587 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

I don't think this is anything "ground-breaking" - however it's still worth bringing up.

From our "friends" at the NY Post:

Parise not expected to re-sign with Devils before free agency

Edited by TheMazz, 29 June 2012 - 12:31 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#588 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Another article based on speculation that will be regarded as fact by the less informed. Assuming, of course, there isn't a source from either side leaking this information.

#589 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

I don't think this is anything "ground-breaking" - however it's still worth bringing up.

Oh boy, good ole (N)Єverson.

Though the Devils have indicated their desire to retain Parise, it appears they have not presented any contract proposals, nor explored preliminary parameters with their star left winger, who soon may become the highest-paid free agent signing in NHL history.

In other words: "I have no idea and this what I think". He hopes.

#590 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

If there is no news today...then I'm worried.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#591 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Don't worry guys, if we miss on Parise Єklund (2.3% accurate) says we've got a 25% chance of signing Nash!

Posted Image

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#592 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Signing Nash? Brendon or Riley?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#593 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Here we go again. More overractions from Devils fans over every article the Post spits out about the Devils. The article is just stating what we already know and/or what we have already assumed. Basically this is just a re-hash of everything we know or speculating, so what is the big deal? It is obvious he is just filling space in the paper.

When he starts coming out and blatently stating that he has a source saying Parise is about to sign with X team or throw out wild rumors like Kosman about the financial situation about the Devils, then you have a right to panic at least a little bit.

#594 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Just a comment:

I realize these contracts are slightly more confusing than most, but does talking to Zach for 4 days really offer that much more than talking to Zach for 1 day? Once FA opens most of the top players' contracts are signed within 48 hours and that's when the player and agent is negotiating with 10+ teams. The idea that if Parise doesn't sign here it will be because Lou ran out of time is preposterous. There is more than enough time to get a deal done with Parise, but Parise wants to go to FA. It's clear his agents and father support him in this plan. The problem won't be Lou didn't spend enough time negotiating.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#595 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I know everyone is really worried about Parise. Well, here is another thing that may make you just a little more nervous:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!

:( :unsure: :unsure: :koolaid: :giggle: :giggle:

sigh

#596 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

I know everyone is really worried about Parise. Well, here is another thing that may make you just a little more nervous:

:( :unsure: :unsure: :koolaid: :giggle: :giggle:

sigh

Who would sign him other than the Devils? I am not worried.

#597 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

The only other place I would EVER see him going is Montreal but even that is a stretch.

n2eg.jpg

#598 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Lets just wait and see what happens

Edited by hargsy, 29 June 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#599 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Lets just wait and see what happens

Wow, that absolutely contributed to the discussion.

Haha, messing with ya. ;)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#600 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Tons of teams looking to reap in the publicity and merchandise $$

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users