2873 replies to this topic

#621 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

I wanted some good late Friday news to start my weekend off right!

Instead we get the Marty news haha.

#622 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Good news guys. Rock and Roll Part II was the first song on the radio coming home from surfing today. Obviously this is a great sign and something good is about to happen.

#623 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

http://www.facebook....hPariseBackInNj
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#624 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Wouldn't mind it if we signed Semin at a discount instead..
Posted Image

#625 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Isn't Semin demanding 6.5 mil? (or something like that)

n2eg.jpg

#626 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Why in his right mind would he give us a discount?

#627 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why in his right mind would he give us a discount?

Kindness?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#628 acklaw

acklaw

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

You would after you watched Semin play for a month. There's a reason the Caps are more than happy to let him walk.

#629 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

not a peep from parise or lou, so that's good news. at least they are busy talking.

TG said earlier today that he was waiting to hear from both Zach and Lou. Usually he posts what they say afterwards but i havnt seen anything. Could be a good thing if they couldnt get back to him, maybe it was a full day of contract negotiations

#630 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Just got home... Havent slept all night and going to bed... Hopefully im gonna wake up to some good news lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#631 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

http://sportsillustr...hp&sct=hp_wr_a5
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#632 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

TG said earlier today that he was waiting to hear from both Zach and Lou. Usually he posts what they say afterwards but i havnt seen anything. Could be a good thing if they couldnt get back to him, maybe it was a full day of contract negotiations

But I think the Pittsburgh (or Minnesota) beat writer managed to get a hold of Zach yesterday.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#633 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

But I think the Pittsburgh (or Minnesota) beat writer managed to get a hold of Zach yesterday.

Nope. Not one quote from Parise anywhere yesterday. As usual, it was just idle speculation/rooting for the Devils to fail from all corners of North America.

#634 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/adrian_dater/06/29/NHL-free-agents-predictions/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a5

This is good news.....Sports Illustrated knows diddly about hockey and they're usually wrong with their predictions.

#635 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

The Minnesota beat guy (Russo) said that Zach's agents were still meeting with the Devils as of yesterday afternoon and that it wasn't a definite he was going to FA yet. I don't know if he got a hold of Zach himself or his agents though.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#636 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Like most of you, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get to tomorrow now. We always have to sweat this sh!t out til the last minute. The same sh!t will happen with Zajac next year too. And whoever else is a UFA the year after that. Quite frankly, its annoying as fvck, but its just the way it seems to go for us.

#637 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

This is good news.....Sports Illustrated knows diddly about hockey and they're usually wrong with their predictions.

They're also way off on Brodeur in the hockey department. Yeah, it's huge news in that he's going UFA, but it's not huge news hockeywise. He's a slow starter at this stage of his career and needs to play every night to get into form. If he's not careful about where he plays and he doesn't get off to a good start, it could be an ugly stint wherever he plays.

My first thought when signing Brodeur would be "okay, he played deep into June and played alot of games down the stretch... when does he warm up?" It used to be November/December, now it's into the second calendar year of the season. I just don't understand where the money is coming from, the most money is gonna come from the Devils if/when they brick on Parise. When Marty is on he can still be really good but as a whole, he's basically a starting goalie in the NHL. The trend lately is that this isn't worth a whole lot of money.

#638 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,801 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

They're also way off on Brodeur in the hockey department. Yeah, it's huge news in that he's going UFA, but it's not huge news hockeywise. He's a slow starter at this stage of his career and needs to play every night to get into form. If he's not careful about where he plays and he doesn't get off to a good start, it could be an ugly stint wherever he plays.

My first thought when signing Brodeur would be "okay, he played deep into June and played alot of games down the stretch... when does he warm up?" It used to be November/December, now it's into the second calendar year of the season. I just don't understand where the money is coming from, the most money is gonna come from the Devils if/when they brick on Parise. When Marty is on he can still be really good but as a whole, he's basically a starting goalie in the NHL. The trend lately is that this isn't worth a whole lot of money.

What most of this comes down to is that unless it's Gulitti or someone else generally reliable who has an actual source, no one in he press has any clue about how the Devils work, and has less to offer than anyone who's speculating on this message board.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#639 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

What most of this comes down to is that unless it's Gulitti or someone else generally reliable who has an actual source, no one in he press has any clue about how the Devils work, and has less to offer than anyone who's speculating on this message board.

Agreed, I look back even TG had to make apologies for one of his reports on Kovy this is going to be the same crap, exciting for some sucks for die hard fans best thing to do is, it's all 99% bs until its official. But on that note TG is our most reliable source and the New York Post and Єklund (2.3% accurate) the least reliable I would not post or beleive any crap coming from those comic book sources!
LGD !!!!!

#640 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

McKenzie:

Hearing NJD GM Lou Lamoriello to meet with Zach Parise today, one final time before Parise is scheduled to hit UFA market 12 noon tomorrow.

Parise expected to be in Toronto-area offices of his agents/advisors tomorrow to field offers/calls/visits etc.

Edited by ghdi, 30 June 2012 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users