2873 replies to this topic

#641 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

tweets indicate that lou will meet with parise today and that assuming a deal isn't reached, he'll field offers with his agents in their toronto office. i'd expect him to make up his mind no latter than 7/2.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#642 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

https://twitter.com/RealKyper

Much like #Rangers Richards last July, #Devils Parise will be in Toronto huddled with Newport Sports awaiting #NHL teams to present offers

#643 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

McKenzie:

Hearing NJD GM Lou Lamoriello to meet with Zach Parise today, one final time before Parise is scheduled to hit UFA market 12 noon tomorrow.

Parise expected to be in Toronto-area offices of his agents/advisors tomorrow to field offers/calls/visits etc.

Just got this... really don't like our odds if we don't get the deal done today...

tweets indicate that lou will meet with parise today and that assuming a deal isn't reached, he'll field offers with his agents in their toronto office. i'd expect him to make up his mind no latter than 7/2.

That's kind, I expect it to be over with by dinnertime tomorrow...

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#644 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Yea, I think he'll be off the board very quickly. This won't be drawn out because so many teams moves will be dependent on what Zach does.

#645 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

the first eleventy billion dollar offer and hes gone

#646 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

fvckin divas parise.... i thought brad richard was a diva when he did this last year and guess what ZP will do the exact same thing...

#647 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

fvckin divas parise.... i thought brad richard was a diva when he did this last year and guess what ZP will do the exact same thing...

Being at your agent's office isnt diva-like. Id want to be on the front lines of that stuff as well.

I agree with previous sentiments that if Lou doesnt get it done today, he's all but gone.

#648 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm getting the idea that Parise is putting this all in his agents' hands. He seems too easily led. Maybe that's just me.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#649 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

This is sad. This could be the last full day of Parise and Brodeur being Devils. I'm trying to be optimistic and think maybe its only going to be 1 of those players. Most likely we lose Parise and keep Marty, but the worst case just sucks.

#650 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Been wearing a lot of my Parise stuff the last couple days. Really hoping I will be able to wear it more in the future.

That said, losing Parise is not going to be doomsday for this franchise.

#651 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is sad. This could be the last full day of Parise and Brodeur being Devils. I'm trying to be optimistic and think maybe its only going to be 1 of those players. Most likely we lose Parise and keep Marty, but the worst case just sucks.

But it wont be devastating. We could finally focus on getting a goalie and try to get solid RW depth like a signing of Parenteau. But I want MB and ZP back.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#652 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

So i guess Zach is officially testing the market he's gonna be in Toronto tomorrow to see offers

http://www.startribu.../160948325.html

Reports Parise will be at agent W.Arnott's office tmw. Meanwhile, R.Suter on Wisconsin farm w/phone, agent N.Sheehy in Minnesota office.

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 June 2012 - 12:13 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#653 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

If we lose Zach, I hope Lou tries to poach Carle from the Flyers just to troll them. Let Sal walk.

Sign Carle - 5.0
Sign Hudler - 4.0
Sign Marty - 5.5
Sign Parenteau - 3.5

Then grab a backup goalie or bring back Moose on the cheap.

So i guess Zach is officially testing the market he's gonna be in Toronto tomorrow to see offers

http://www.startribu.../160948325.html

McKenzie already tweeted that he's meeting with Lou one last time today, the plan is for him to be in Toronto tomorrow.

#654 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm getting the idea that Parise is putting this all in his agents' hands. He seems too easily led. Maybe that's just me.

I feel that way too. I think they are really pushing for him to go to July 1st.

#655 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well we'll find out tomorrow or the next day for sure but yeah that wouldn't be a good sign from a guy you were pegging as your captain for the next decade.

And yeah I do think it's diva-like to have teams come up to the agents' office for pitches, I might feel a little differently if they were coming up to his house but they're not.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#656 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

But it wont be devastating. We could finally focus on getting a goalie and try to get solid RW depth like a signing of Parenteau. But I want MB and ZP back.

Parenteau is definitely someone to look at signing tomorrow if Parise is gone. Don't know what he might be looking for but he's due for a good raise over his $1.25 million last year. Probably could go 4-5 million, cheaper than Zach at least. I don't know who the Devils replace Marty with. Hedberg as a starter is a little scary. This could speed things along with the team figuring out its goalie situation going into the future which I keep feeling Lou is putting off. I'd rather Marty 1 more year to allow the younger guys to develop.

#657 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm actually stepping back from the cliff, just for a minute.

For all intensive purposes, Lou's had his crap together this season, we have to give him that. Starting with getting the Islanders to take Rolston from us, then the big acquisition of Poni and the still decent deal of adding Zids, he hasn't made the mistakes of years past.

That being said, I WANT to believe he's got a better handle on things than we all think/what is being fed to us through the media...

But only time will tell and until then, we can all go back to freaking out.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#658 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

The problem with the free agent market is how thin it is. A lot of teams are gunning for Parise...meaning a lot of teams are going to come up empty. That leaves a guy like Parenteau in a situation where he is going to make stupid money. I like Parenteau a fair amount, but his number is going to be crazy.

There is not going to be any good value in the free agent market. I mean there never is, but this could be the worst year ever.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#659 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Parenteau is definitely someone to look at signing tomorrow if Parise is gone. Don't know what he might be looking for but he's due for a good raise over his $1.25 million last year. Probably could go 4-5 million, cheaper than Zach at least. I don't know who the Devils replace Marty with. Hedberg as a starter is a little scary. This could speed things along with the team figuring out its goalie situation going into the future which I keep feeling Lou is putting off. I'd rather Marty 1 more year to allow the younger guys to develop.

Maybe we'll have a suck for McKinnin campaign next year.

I would also hope we don't waste time with Parenteau.

Edited by Daniel, 30 June 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#660 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Getting rid of a below-average goalie and a top line wing don't turn this team from one of the best in the league to one of the worst, no matter what Scott Burnside thinks.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users