2873 replies to this topic

#741 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

And with Zajac, Zubrus, Elias, and Clarkson all UFA next year, next offseason will be another barrel of laughs. I fvcking hate the offseason.

lol seriously. Today feels like a Game 7 of the playoffs with all that's riding on it, bigger really since today could impact us positively or negatively for years.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#742 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

And with Zajac, Zubrus, Elias, and Clarkson all UFA next year, next offseason will be another barrel of laughs. I fvcking hate the offseason.

im calling it now. none of them will be re-signed before at least june 29th and none will be approached before june 25th.

www.SterioDesign.com

#743 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

im calling it now. none of them will be re-signed before at least june 29th and none will be approached before june 25th.

That's how Lou rolls. Wouldn't shock me at all.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#744 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

lol seriously. Today feels like a Game 7 of the playoffs with all that's riding on it, bigger really since today could impact us positively or negatively for years.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been as nervous for July 1 as I am this year. It does almost feel like another elimination game.

#745 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

Everyone do your part tomorrow in being a good person so the hockey gods make note of it and help influence Parise's decision. Yayyyyyyyyyy!

#746 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

yes and more than we may imagine. If we lose Parise then we have to replace his production. Through free agency there's no guy who can replace him and anyone close WILL BE an overpayment, its free agency. Then if we trade to get a guy we'll have to send roster players in order to replace a guy so youre losing a main guy plus others guys and picks.

if we lose Brodeur, we have to get a starter and same thing... we're not gonna get any gifts there UNLESS we get a cheap goalie who pull a Elliot/Smith.

Of course its not gonna be devastating and ruin the franchise but we'll be wound for awhile thats a guarantee

www.SterioDesign.com

#747 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Nah, Clarkson will be signed to a $4 million multi-year deal that everyone'll hate before July 1. Winnipeg will be rumored to offer Zajac 10 years for $100 million, Elias will be rumored to have interest in the Rangers and Zubrus will be waiting around patiently like Salvador lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#748 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Nah, Clarkson will be signed to a $4 million multi-year deal that everyone'll hate before July 1. Winnipeg will be rumored to offer Zajac 10 years for $100 million, Elias will be rumored to have interest in the Rangers and Zubrus will be waiting around patiently like Salvador lol.

Not really worried about Clarkson and Elias so much, the kool-aid runs strong through their veins. Zubrus concerns me to a lesser extent. The one that really concerns me most is Zajac. And I'm sure he'll probably hit the market too, because Lou has some sick aversion to locking up extremely important pieces prior to July 1.

#749 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Not really worried about Clarkson and Elias so much, the kool-aid runs strong through their veins. Zubrus concerns me to a lesser extent. The one that really concerns me most is Zajac. And I'm sure he'll probably hit the market too, because Lou has some sick aversion to locking up extremely important pieces prior to July 1.

I would have said that about Elias too, until this goofball nonsense with Marty the last couple days and Zach looking like he's ready to turn his back after going way above and beyond the call of giving lip service to coming back. It's sad and telling that Clarkson's really the last guy I trust to want to run through a wall (exempting the fourth-liners, who'll do that anyway to stay in the league) to be loyal. Andy Greene too I suppose since he ostensibly turned down multiple higher offers to stay here.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 June 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#750 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

I would have said that about Elias too, until this goofball nonsense with Marty the last couple days and Zach looking like he's ready to turn his back after going way above and beyond the call of giving lip service to coming back. It's sad and telling that Clarkson's really the last guy I trust to want to run through a wall (exempting the fourth-liners, who'll do that anyway to stay in the league) to be loyal. Andy Greene too I suppose since he ostensibly turned down multiple higher offers to stay here.

Well at least Patty has always employed an agent, so there won't be some bombshell out of left field next summer like this sh!t with Marty. I think we should have Clarkson, Greene, and Patty sneak into Zach's room tonight and hook him up to a kool-aid IV while he's sleeping. :P

#751 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Where is this 7/50 offer coming from?

it was offered at the deadline - apparently zach would have taken it but his agents wanted him to wait until 7/1 because better offers would be there and the devils would raise their offer

Any remember what time Richards signed with the Rangers last year? Have to imagine it will only take Parise about that long tomorrow.

richards signed with NYR on 7/2

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#752 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

If Zach signs with the penguins, I might just lose my mind.

And I mean, flip sh!t. fvcking hate that pathetic excuse of an organization.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#753 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Can't sleep just want a end to all this bs,
Too much speculation. Rumors and assorted other BS. Just want to know who is in our starting line up already. I wonder if Zach or Marty are up this late? Has all the bidding started yet?

#754 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Can't sleep just want a end to all this bs,
Too much speculation. Rumors and assorted other BS. Just want to know who is in our starting line up already. I wonder if Zach or Marty are up this late? Has all the bidding started yet?

FA doesn't open til noon. Go to bed ;)

#755 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

That would be Buttmans wet dream along with Suter, I'm sorry I'm not a mean or spiteful person but if that happened,,,,, Maybe thats why we signed Cam for one shot at Cindy!

Edited by Devs1965, 01 July 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#756 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

FA doesn't open til noon. Go to bed ;)

Nah rather have another brewski,

#757 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Just remember if the Devils match a Penguins or Wings offer for Parise, we'll prob be going nuts with that contract for 10 years when the Devils are paying $8 million for 24 goals when Zach is 34. He'll probably be never worth it here. The Penguins paying him a ton and having him with Crosby will work out so much better for them. Similar but at a much bigger scale than the Rafalski deal working with the Wings but being awful for Jersey.

Either way, I think I'll have to step away from the boards for a while if Parise leaves.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#758 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#759 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

its 430am. Did parise sign yet?
Devils.

#760 landofvanilla

landofvanilla

Prospect