2873 replies to this topic

#821 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I don't know if I believe that, because of his age this means the deal would have to be out to 12-13 years. It would have to be a monster of a contract. Looking $85M-100M.

#822 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

TG FTW:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice: I picture Lou Lamoriello holding up a portable stereo outside Zach Parise's hotel window last night , blasting "In your eyes"
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#823 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

I cant possibly be the only one that feels sick to their stomach.

the only thing making me feel better is im sitting poolside where the temp of the pool is 85-86.

#824 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice: Or maybe Zubrus picked out something more modern for Lamoriello to play.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#825 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

the only thing making me feel better is im sitting poolside where the temp of the pool is 85-86.

Damn you...

Just dont ruin the pool by blowing chunks in it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#826 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

@SunGarrioch: The reason Martin Brodeur is shopping around: The Devils don't have the cash to sign him. Same with Parise. #NHL

i hate this kind of talk.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#827 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Are we delusional with the Devs finance ?

#828 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

@SunGarrioch: The reason Martin Brodeur is shopping around: The Devils don't have the cash to sign him. Same with Parise. #NHL

Don't pay attention to these idiots on twitter and you will have a lot better day.

#829 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

If the Devils have no cash then what are they going to use to get up to the cap floor, Monopoly money? And what is Zach thinking about if we really are broke, whether he plays here for free out of the goodness of his heart?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#830 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Especially when they're $7M under even with a signed Fayne. But he's a clueless fat fvck.

#831 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I hate this kind of talk, because the guy is clearly talking out of his ass.

It could be true, but this guy has zero way of knowing.
Posted Image

#832 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

I stopped listening to anything Garrioch says after the whole Malkin to Kings fiasco

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#833 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm starting to get the feeling that if Parise wanted to come back to the Devils he would have re-signed by now.

Perhaps this is very simplistic of me but I feel if he wants to go one of these other teams (Wings, Pens, Sens...etc) and get booed by us for basically the rest of his career? Well that's on him. We are the defending Eastern Conference Champions. We are as much of a contender as any of team. It's not like we are the fvcking Blue Jackets. I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign with this team. Unless ownership issues are THAT bad and we don't know something? The Devils have as much of chance to win the cup next year (if there is a season) as any other contending team.

I would be very upset if he leaves...but I think at this point that can be considered an understatment.

n2eg.jpg

#834 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

It's not true, even if they were run by the freaking league they have to spend that money.

#835 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Red Wings have a delegation headed to Newport offices in Mississauga in pitch for Parise

Looks like Holland was lying to Sundstrom.
Posted Image

#836 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

So much for Ken Holland not going after Parise. Red Wings have a meeting scheduled with Parise at opening of FA.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Red Wings have a delegation headed to Newport offices in Mississauga in pitch for Parise

Looks like Holland was lying to Sundstrom.

Or Sundstrom was lying.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#837 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

TG saying Garrioch is full of it "If speculation that Devils don't have any money to re-sign Parise were true, there would have been nothing for him to decide this morning. And no reason for Lamoriello to fly to Toronto to meet with him last night."

Edited by brodeur14301991, 01 July 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#838 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

So much for Ken Holland not going after Parise. Red Wings have a meeting scheduled with Parise at opening of FA.

Or Sundstrom was lying.

Sundstrom's the most reputable poster around here imo, he wouldn't lie about something like that. Obviously Holland was fibbing either becuase sundstrom's a Devils fan or he didn't want to show any cards to Poile lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#839 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

I would assume that if zach would have choose to test the market at 10am... Reports would have came out prety quick since its just saying... Im testing the market.

If were. It hearing anything... Possibly lou is finishing the final details of the contract to get it signed?

.......... Right? RIGHT?????

www.SterioDesign.com

#840 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Sundstrom's the most reputable poster around here imo, he wouldn't lie about something like that. Obviously Holland was fibbing either becuase sundstrom's a Devils fan or he didn't want to show any cards to Poile lol.

I don't want to think Sundstrom would mislead us. But he may have misinterpreted what Holland meant by saying "don't worry about him". Almost a Lou-like response.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users