2873 replies to this topic

#841 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I would assume that if zach would have choose to test the market at 10am... Reports would have came out prety quick since its just saying... Im testing the market.

If were. It hearing anything... Possibly lou is finishing the final details of the contract to get it signed?

.......... Right? RIGHT?????

Any hope is good hope...

Two years in a row I hate this day, next year will be the same.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#842 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I don't want to think Sundstrom would mislead us. But he may have misinterpreted what Holland meant by saying "don't worry about him". Almost a Lou-like response.

I think it was clear that Sundstrom was saying to take it with a grain of salt, and that Holland was likely joking around.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#843 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

I hate July!!!!!!!

#844 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'm starting to get the feeling that if Parise wanted to come back to the Devils he would have re-signed by now.

Perhaps this is very simplistic of me but I feel if he wants to go one of these other teams (Wings, Pens, Sens...etc) and get booed by us for basically the rest of his career? Well that's on him. We are the defending Eastern Conference Champions. We are as much of a contender as any of team. It's not like we are the fvcking Blue Jackets. I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign with this team. Unless ownership issues are THAT bad and we don't know something? The Devils have as much of chance to win the cup next year (if there is a season) as any other contending team.

I would be very upset if he leaves...but I think at this point that can be considered an understatment.

Exactly how many games per year will Zach have to worry about being booed by us? 3 tops, depending on who he chooses to sign with? And maybe some playoff games? He's not going to care, and he'll have million$ of reasons not to if he gets the huge payday most predict is coming. Whatever his reasons may be for leaving (if he chooses to do so), fan reaction is probably last on the list in terms of importance.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 July 2012 - 09:52 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#845 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I think it was clear that Sundstrom was saying to take it with a grain of salt, and that Holland was likely joking around.

Well, I think it's pretty clear now. Red Wings are apparently already in Toronto heading to the Newport offices this morning.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#846 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

I hate July!!!!!!!

I really just hate the 1st.

Love the 4th, and usually take a vacation later in the month. Plus have a bunch of birthdays in this month.

But July 1st takes years off our lives, and for that i despise it

Edited by jagknife, 01 July 2012 - 09:52 AM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#847 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

I think if we don't hear in the next 30 minutes that he signed, then he's gone. I can't see him hitting the open market and staying with us.

Edited by Amberite, 01 July 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#848 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

Every year.. EVERY SINGLE YEAR... i should change the F5 button... and the mouse !

#849 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

I hate July!!!!!!!

I hate the summer!!!

#850 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

When did the Parise camp say this? It was Kypreos who reported the $12 million signing bonus, doesn't make it true.

I just figured Kypreos was a reliable source but you're right, that doesn't make it true.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#851 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I think if we don't hear in the next 30 minutes that he signed, then he's gone. I can't see him hitting the open market and staying with us.

If we don't hear anything in the next 30 minutes something strange would be afoot, after the public 10 AM deadline got floated it's now 11 AM with no word if he's going UFA or not. You'd think if the answer to Lou was no it would have hit the media by 10:15-10:20.

The fact it's even taking this long suggests we have a chance if it gets past noon unless teams come out of left field with crazy offers like Ottawa (at least they're a playoff team, unlike the Wild).

I just figured Kypreos was a reliable source but you're right, that doesn't make it true.

He's gotten so much wrong when it comes to the Devils I can't take him seriously. Like with saying Clarkson wanted out lol

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 July 2012 - 09:58 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#852 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

I hate the summer!!!

Truer words have never been spoken. fvck summer

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#853 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

1 hr left till all hell break loose

#854 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

If we don't hear anything in the next 30 minutes something strange would be afoot, after the public 10 AM deadline got floated it's now 11 AM with no word if he's going UFA or not. You'd think if the answer to Lou was no it would have hit the media by 10:15-10:20.

The fact it's even taking this long suggests we have a chance if it gets past noon unless teams come out of left field with crazy offers like Ottawa (at least they're a playoff team, unlike the Wild)

I agree it's a good sign that we haven't heard anything either way so far, which is why I'm giving it 30 minutes. I think if by 11:30 we still don't hear anything, it's a good bet he's going UFA.

#855 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

GoodBye Zach...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Zach Parise is going to market. NJD not necessarily "out" but everyone else is "in." Start your engines.

Edited by moustic, 01 July 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#856 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Zach Parise is going to market. NJD not necessarily "out" but everyone else is "in." Start your engines.

#857 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Bob Mckenzie "zach Parise is going to market. NJD not necessarily "out" but everyone else is "in." Start your engines."

#858 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well, fvck. He's gone.

Edited by Amberite, 01 July 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#859 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Now I really get the feeling we're being strung along here.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#860 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic