Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

So whos getting the C next season?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#862 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

I still think he's going to re-sign.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#863 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

So whos getting the C next season?

Probably Elias.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#864 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

I would give it a 1% chance. Other teams would really have to give him underwhelming offers, which is not going to happen. If he's decided to go UFA, that means he's willing to entertain other options, which certainly will be higher than the Devils. Let it go, he's gone.

Edited by Amberite, 01 July 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#865 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

He's gotten so much wrong when it comes to the Devils I can't take him seriously. Like with saying Clarkson wanted out lol

Haha yeah you're right. His comment was pretty random so maybe it is false.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#866 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Nice knowing ya Zach. fvck this.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#867 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I would give it a 1% chance. Other teams would really have to give him underwhelming offers, which is not going to happen. If he's decided to go UFA, that means he's willing to entertain other offers, which certainly will be higher than the Devils. Let it go, he's gone.

It's possible he just wants to stay here but thinks he can get more money out of Lou.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#868 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

http://sports.yahoo....55546--nhl.html

#869 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

It's possible he just wants to stay here but thinks he can get more money out of Lou.

Yea, but it's a pipe dream. Lou knows how much money he'll get on the open market - it isn't exactly a secret. Lou already gave him his best offer, and Parise rejected it. It's unrealistic to think that Lou will suddenly up it once he sees the great offers from other teams.

Edited by Amberite, 01 July 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#870 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yea, but it's a pipe dream. Lou knows how much money he'll get on the open market - it isn't exactly a secret. Lou already gave him his best offer, and Parise rejected it. It's unrealistic to think that Lou will suddenly up it once he sees the great offers from other teams, which he already knows Parise will get.

How do we know? That is all just speculation. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not trying to sound like SatansDevils here when he said with 100% certainty that Gomez would re-sign and there was no chance of him going to the Rangers, but I just still have a hunch he is staying here.
--John Buccigross

#871 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

So much for Ken Holland not going after Parise. Red Wings have a meeting scheduled with Parise at opening of FA.

Or Sundstrom was lying.

I don't want to think Sundstrom would mislead us. But he may have misinterpreted what Holland meant by saying "don't worry about him". Almost a Lou-like response.

I think it was clear that Sundstrom was saying to take it with a grain of salt, and that Holland was likely joking around.

1) Daniel was there - he heard it too.
2) I was very clear with the story that while that's exactly what Holland said, none of us should have taken it to be gospel.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#872 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

So after his dad and his dirtbag agents brainwash him into signing with Pittsburgh, who do we go after to replace him?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#873 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Me too, man! :pray:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#874 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

fvck.

815631765.gif

#875 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

This is why it was so important that we win the Cup this year. It's not like everybody was coming back to give it another run (like LA).

Damn this is depressing.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#876 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Have a really bad feeling about this...please let it be Minnesota if he has to leave, that way he's buried in a smallish market and I don't have to see his face on NBC a whole lot.

#877 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Anyone think Parise might get a contract he can't live up to turning him into another Gaborik or at the very worst a Gomez because he can't handle the pressure?

I think Lou knows what he's actually worth and doesn't want to spend more than that. Can't blame him really.

#878 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I would give it a 1% chance. Other teams would really have to give him underwhelming offers, which is not going to happen. If he's decided to go UFA, that means he's willing to entertain other options, which certainly will be higher than the Devils. Let it go, he's gone.

If it was all about money though he would have shut off communications with Lou weeks ago once word of the Wild offer spread, not to mention the Pens' 10-80 rumor. I don't know if we have to match the Pens/Detroit/whatever, we at the very least have to come damn close to the other contenders.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 July 2012 - 10:37 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#879 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

If it was all about money though he would have shut off communications with Lou weeks ago once word of the Wild offer spread, not to mention the Pens' 10-80 rumor. I don't know if we have to match the Pens/Detroit/whatever, we at the very least have to come damn close to the other contenders.

That's exactly my point. The very fact he was still talking to us is a sign that it wasn't all about money. However, deciding today to reject Lou's final offer and go UFA means that the major influencing point now IS money. He already knows the perks of staying in NJ, and he decided to open himself up to other teams which will throw at him a lot more than we do. He isn't coming back here, it's over.

#880 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Uhhhhh ohhhhhh

Come on buddy

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users