#901 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

ohhh mann

Parise will ask for a $12 million signing bonus immediately to protect him from a possible labor stoppage, as well as another $12 million bonus on July 1, 2013

with kovi's salery jumping to 11 mill i cant see us competing

I don't see Kovy's salary as the issue. According to Capgeek, we have $42 million in real salary next year for 17 players.

I believe the reports that Parise is looking for a $12 million bonus. That's at least $20 million you have to pay him in one year, if you include whatever his salary will be.

That's the hold up.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#902 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

TG just retweeted that Crosby reached out to Parise as part of the pitch.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#903 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Screw you crosby !

#904 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

id rather he take the money in minn then play for pitt....that would be terrible
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#905 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

o god come onnnnn
:argh: :argh:
:puke:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#906 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,238 posts

AnsarKhanMLive: Ilitch, Holland & Co. flying out this afternoon. They have one hour meeting with Parise slated for 3:30. [via Twitter]

Idk who that guy is but puckdaddy has him as a trusted source. If true that's annoying, another 3 hours before the saga ends

#907 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Dont expect anything until tonight at the earliest.

"Ilitch, Holland & Co. flying out this afternoon. They have one hour meeting with Parise slated for 3:30."

#908 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

there will be no answer to Parise today.

#909 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Interesting point brought up by Wyshynski "Did Jordan Staal place a call to Zach Parise to let him know what being the third wheel feels like?"

#910 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I bet he wont sign anything for a week
Devils.

#911 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

"Canes have submitted offers to both Parise and Suter."- Hurricanes beat writer for Raleigh news + observer

https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip

Edited by brodeur14301991, 01 July 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#912 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Conflicting news out of Detroit this from the DFP...

@freepwings
DET GM Ken Holland tells FP he's at office at Joe Louis Arena. Only place going later today: "Home."

Nothing about a visit w/ Parise.

#913 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

This won't go on for weeks. This isn't a Kovy type of thing with 2 teams going back and forth. This will be decided tonight or tomorrow afternoon. All of these teams have to make other decisions if he doesn't sign, so their offers won't be without a time limit.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#914 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I bet he wont sign anything for a week

Absolutely 0 chance it goes that long. Tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I'm sure the best offers are already on the table. He may want a night to sleep on it (which helps us IMO) or may make a decision sooner.

He's the guy this year. The guy never takes long.

#915 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Except when it was Kovalchuk.

We don't know this. It could easily bleed into the week. I wouldn't be surprised to see so, as I think Parise DOES want to stay in NJ and the Devils will be scrambling to make it happen.

"Hi, Gary? It's Lou. What if we cut Boulton 7.5 more times? Then can we sign him?"
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#916 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Except when it was Kovalchuk.

We don't know this. It could easily bleed into the week. I wouldn't be surprised to see so, as I think Parise DOES want to stay in NJ and the Devils will be scrambling to make it happen.

"Hi, Gary? It's Lou. What if we cut Boulton 7.5 more times? Then can we sign him?"

I think Kovy is the exception to the rule. It could, but it likely won't. I think its done by tomorrow.

#917 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Won't be surprised to see Parise and Suter sign on the same team today or tomorrow.

#918 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think Kovy is the exception to the rule. It could, but it likely won't. I think its done by tomorrow.

This. Kovy was definitely an exception to the rule. Before free agency started, it was known that he wanted $100 million. Everyone dropped out quick, and he tried to use LA to leverage NJ.

This is Philly, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Detroit, Ottawa, New Jersey and who knows who else all putting in an offer and hoping for the best. All of those teams can't wait a week or more for his decision.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#919 PT7

PT7

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

If this thing about a lower salary cap number from the NHL is true, how is that legal? It's still JVB's team until he doesn't get an investor. So therefore, why can't we sign whoever we want for whatever we want?

#920 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

"Muller says John MacLean has talked to Parise"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users