2873 replies to this topic

#921 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

If this thing about a lower salary cap number from the NHL is true, how is that legal? It's still JVB's team until he doesn't get an investor. So therefore, why can't we sign whoever we want for whatever we want?

That's how I look at it as well. I don't see how the NHL can put a limit on anything here.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#922 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

This whole thing will suck no matter what if #9 isn't in a Devils uniform next season.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#923 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

If this thing about a lower salary cap number from the NHL is true, how is that legal? It's still JVB's team until he doesn't get an investor. So therefore, why can't we sign whoever we want for whatever we want?

Depending upon whom you believe, the NHL has been keeping the Devils afloat all season by fronting them $ that they were not yet entitled. If that's the case, the league most certainly has the power to control the purse strings.
Posted Image

#924 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Per Pierre Lebrun "Told Red Wings no longer going to Newport offices.... not sure what to read into that...."

#925 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Per Lebrun, Red Wings no longer going to Newport offices.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#926 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Depending upon whom you believe, the NHL has been keeping the Devils afloat all season by fronting them $ that they were not yet entitled. If that's the case, the league most certainly has the power to control the purse strings.

The league said they fronted money to the Devils ahead of time but that the Devils would be owed that money by seasons end. The league also said this is not extraordinary.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#927 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

When it comes to money here is an interesting tidbit. Most teams get paid by local radio/tv stations to have get the rights to broadcast their games, and while the Devils are getting paid by MSG, they ARE PAYING WFAN to have their games broadcast.

#928 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

I would guess Minnesota are leading:

"Detroit and Pittsburgh are NOT headed to Toronto. Minnesota Wild brass are. Has Parise decided? Stay tuned!"
-Brad Ratgen

Lawyer from Minnesota that blogs the Wild for Єklund (2.3% accurate) hahahaha

#929 Kovalchukforlife17

Kovalchukforlife17

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 6 posts

Everyone has to relax, the media of course is going to make it sound like he's a leaving but remember the words that came out his mouth he wants to be here. If any GM is going to pull it off its Lou, all of you know this.....

#930 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Isn't Parise getting married in a couple weeks? I'm sure he wants to get this over with before that.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#931 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Isn't Parise getting married in a couple weeks? I'm sure he wants to get this over with before that.

Its not going to take weeks.

#932 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Its not going to take weeks.

Yeah that was in response to the people who think it might.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#933 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

I hope he makes her sign a good pre-nump.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 01 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#934 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

RT @ice_chip: Muller says John MacLean has talked to Parise.

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#935 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yeah that was in response to the people who think it might.

People wig out when its not done in an hour or two. We'll be lucky if we get an answer by tonight.

The fact that only the Wild are going to visit him says a lot I think. I just don't know if its good or bad...

#936 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Kevin Woodley ‏@KevinisInGoal
Appears Devils will keep a goalie ... Johan Hedberg intends to re-sign in New Jersey, according to a team that tried hard to sign UFA G

Wrong Thread :P

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#937 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Sadly folks he's as good as gone. I hope it is the Wild, and not the pens, so we don't see him so often. Out of all UFA's Parenteau/or Garrison is the only ones that intrigues me.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#938 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

when we watch him whiff on a couple empty nets or turn transparent entirely playing in the playoffs in a pens or wild jersey its gonna feel weird i guess.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#939 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

If the reports of him wanting $24m in signing bonuses (12 now, 12 next year) that's outrageous...he's as good as gone if that is true. Hopefully Lou is able to get Parenteau or Hudler in once Zach resigns elsewhere.

#940 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Rich Chere

Can't understand why Devils fans are so nervous today. The entire fourth line has already been re-signed.

Is he sassing us? We don't need that sh!t right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users