• Please log in to reply
2873 replies to this topic

#81 jbgordon

jbgordon

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Take this for what it's worth but my dad called me last night to tell me some rumors he had heard regarding Parise. My dad goes to the same physical therapist that works with a bunch of the Devils including Parise. The guy is actually going to Parise's wedding, so I guess they're somewhat close. The PT told my dad that Parise had been offered 8 years/$80 million with a $20 million signing bonus. This seems quite high to me and I don't necessarily believe it, but who knows. And how is it legal for teams to already be approaching Parise or floating offers? Does the signing bonus get spread over the life of the contract and contribute to the cap hit?

#82 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

What if we tell him that we'll chip in and take care of his wedding registry? I'm in for the Bella Beer Mugs!

My link

Creepy by you
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#83 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

What if we tell him that we'll chip in and take care of his wedding registry? I'm in for the Bella Beer Mugs!

My link

The hell is wrong with people?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#84 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Lou_Nanne_believes_theres_good_chance_Zach_Parise_ends_up_with_Wild061212

"Significantly more" than other teams? I doubt that. If the Devils are within 1m/y of the best offer out there I can't imagine he doesn't sign here.

Posted Image

#85 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Take this for what it's worth but my dad called me last night to tell me some rumors he had heard regarding Parise. My dad goes to the same physical therapist that works with a bunch of the Devils including Parise. The guy is actually going to Parise's wedding, so I guess they're somewhat close. The PT told my dad that Parise had been offered 8 years/$80 million with a $20 million signing bonus. This seems quite high to me and I don't necessarily believe it, but who knows. And how is it legal for teams to already be approaching Parise or floating offers? Does the signing bonus get spread over the life of the contract and contribute to the cap hit?

Only the Devils can negotiate and formally make an offer at this point...and I don't think they are giving anyone a 20 million dollar signing bonus.

#86 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

Only the Devils can negotiate and formally make an offer at this point...and I don't think they are giving anyone a 20 million dollar signing bonus.

Agree, sounds way out of whack. Unless there's some serious money coming in from this mystery investor.

With that Wild rumor, if true that they're willing to vastly outbid any other team, I think that's the landing spot.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#87 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Agree, sounds way out of whack. Unless there's some serious money coming in from this mystery investor.

With that Wild rumor, if true that they're willing to vastly outbid any other team, I think that's the landing spot.

Here are my ek predictions but for real

NJ: 65%
MIN: 15%
DET: 10%
NYR: 10%

:koolaid:

Posted Image

#88 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

i can't imagine anyone giving parise 8/80 in any capactity. and if some team does, i hope it's not the devils. that's a ton of money for a lot of years. only the devils can negotiate with him so if that offer is real, it can really only be from the devils and i just don't buy it.

if the wild will outbid everyone else, then i agree there's a pretty good chance he goes home.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#89 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

to be honest chances are that if we see Zach in another jersey... that he'll be overpaid somewhere and eventually blamed for not living up to his contract

i know agents are seeking to get every single dollars out there, but i wonder if sometimes the agent and the player really go for a fair price to avoid a possible "worst contract in the NHL drama" even if they could get a little more, especially UFAs when the market price is cranked up. so that he doesnt have to go through that sh!t with fans and medias calling you out cause you don't produce enough ala Kaberle, Gomez, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Wiz, Phaneuf etc etc

i know players have to believe in themselves and that you can't turn down a few extra millions... but i really wonder if theres a point where players are like "well if i get that money im gonna have to get 90+ points for the rest of my contract and im not quite sure i can pull it off, anything can happen... i'd rather play safe and get a fair price"

www.SterioDesign.com

#90 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...244786641&tab=0
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#91 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Creepy by you

HAHA

How did someone even find that?!?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#92 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice Parise said he wants to come back and "no way" he signs with Rangers

#93 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Parise said he wants to come back and "no way" he signs with Rangers

#94 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

@TGfireandice

believe-zubrus.jpg

#95 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

-TG

El. Oh. El.

Aw i was 4th. :(

Edited by squishyx, 13 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#96 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Damn.. the german beats me again ; )

#97 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Lol how did I come in third place posting that, very very sneaky.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#98 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

@TGfireandice

If he signs somewhere else, he should NO WAY be booed when he comes back to the Rock (unless of course he's lying). This is an absolutely AWESOME statement by Zach. I love this guy.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#99 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

haha... Parise, making a mockery out of the NY media, AGAIN (after doing so 2+ weeks ago with their '94 "guarantee" kool-aid).

#100 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

i hope the rags fans see that. it's made me sick to my stomach the last couple months with the way they talk about how zach is gonna sign with them. thats the last jersey i wanna see zach wearing.
LET'S GO DEVILS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users