#1021 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Zach Parise's decision will not come until tomorrow. Has narrowed the field to a select group and will decide Monday.

Whether he stays or leaves at least its over soon.

#1022 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Looks like we're waiting till tomorrow.

#1023 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Rutherford says Parise's agent says Canes likely will not be on short list.

I would say the obvious 4 are left, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minnesota, and NEW JERSEY.

#1024 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I would say the obvious 4 are left, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minnesota, and NEW JERSEY.

Yep, TG is trying to confirm now if we are on the list, but those would be my guesses as well.

#1025 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think its more he went to Lou with the #/years he wants, Lou couldnt meet that, so they made an agreement that Marty tests the market and it goes from there. I can't really see Marty being a primadonna that just wants attention. Its possible, but it doesnt really fit.

I sure hope Marty is not just being a prima donna, but I'm also surprised that Lou and Marty were so apart in negotiations that he had to resort to hiring an agent and actually heading to the open market. With the way Marty took a salary reduction to give the team more space to sign players, I figured he and Lou would get a reasonable deal done relatively quietly. I just responded to your post in another thread talking about Marty wanting 2 years at around 5 mil per. If Marty is really asking for that, then his becoming a UFA means one of two things: he's either delusional or seeking attention.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#1026 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Do we know exactly how many teams are on the short list anyway?

Guess it doesn't matter, we'll know if we're on it by what Marty, Moose and Sal do tonight. If they start signing back here you know Zach's gone. If not, then they'll all sit tight till the morning too.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1027 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

I am still shocked how bad they disrespected Semin on TSN.

"A complete loser, a coach killer"

This player is not a locker room cancer. He does have to improve his 2 way game but he is no way a complete loser. That was totally unprofessional. I would not mind at all to have him on this team if he wants to improve his game if Parise does not resign. The man has loads of talent.

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 July 2012 - 05:04 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1028 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Sorry, I've been out of town since Sunday, so sorry if this point has been made in the 52 prior pages.

I'm convinced this is 100% due to the money/ownership issue. First, Lou says Marty is a Devil as long as he wants to be. Now Brodeur has an agent and it's a real possibility that he leaves. Coincidence? Not likely.

Then they can't lock up Zach prior to free agency, most likely because the offer isn't anywhere near what he can get on the open market.

The Devils will be a lower than average payroll team from here on out. If/when Zach, Marty, and Salvador leave, it will be no fault of Lou. His hands are tied. You can expect more of the same next year when Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson and Zidlicky are UFA's.

Rebuilding time, I'm afraid.

#1029 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I am still shocked how bad they disrespected Semin on TSN.

"A complete loser, a coach killer"

This player is not a locker room cancer. He does have to improve his 2 way game but he is no way a complete loser. That was totally unprofessional. I would not mind at all to have him on this team if he wants to improve his game if Parise does not resign. The man has loads of talent.

Yeah that's pretty harsh. So bad that Mark Gandler, Semin's agent, had to come out publicly to stick up for him.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1030 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Can't believe the 2nd rate canes even thought they had a chance at this

It's Parise or bust right now. Nobody is gonna feel like we even came close to "breaking even" if we sign Brodeur and lose Parise.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1031 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah that's pretty harsh. So bad that Mark Gandler, Semin's agent, had to come out publicly to stick up for him.

Yeah I just read that. It took me until now to realize how bad TSN ripped him. Totally uncalled for and yet they rank him in the top 10 Free Agent list.

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 July 2012 - 05:10 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1032 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

McKenzie:

Wild, Flyers, Penguins, Devils = short list.

He said this on TSN, not a tweet.

Edited by ghdi, 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#1033 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

McKenzie:

Wild, Flyers, Penguins, Devils = short list.

He said this on TSN, not a tweet.

And the Red Wings.

Edit: And according to a Tweet TG just re-Tweeted, the Kings believe they're still in it as well. Which makes me wonder, at what point is it no longer a short list, and just a list.

Edited by thelastonealive, 01 July 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1034 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

dont know if this has been mentioned but my wife asked me about Parises soon to be wife. Anyone know where they met or where shes from? i imagine this is a big factor to where he goes too.

#1035 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

And the Red Wings.

Yea, I just heard it. Red Wings too.

And sh!t, TG just RTd this

RT @reallisa: It is the Kings understanding that they are still in the running for Zach Parise.

Edited by ghdi, 01 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#1036 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Illegal Curve Hockey ‏@IllegalCurve
An interesting part of the Ponikarovsky conf call is that he spoke to NJD about returning, but their financial woes are very legit #Brodeur

#1037 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I honestly see him, if not in NJ, in Detroit. I would imagine that the 4 teams that are rumored to be still in the running are LA, Detroit, NJ, and Minnesota. However that rumor that Philly offered the HUGE contract has to be in there somewhere too if that is true.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#1038 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Unfortunately, my prediction is that Parise signs with the Pens early tomorrow morning. I think Marty winds up going elsewhere as well. It's going to be a long offseason I'm afraid. I almost can't even believe how quickly everything had deteriorated over the past few days. I really hope I'm wrong but there are too many ominous signs right now to ignore.

#1039 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

This has the potential to turn into a complete mess. Hopefully those new 1,500 season ticket holders cannot get refunds.
Posted Image

#1040 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

@TSNDolan
#Parise: "Unless something happens dramatically the decision is in my hands - confident after thinking tonight I will have a decision tmrw."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users