2873 replies to this topic

#1141 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

so the number 4 overall pick doesn't make your lists of prospects?

you are getting to get real levels of negative posting. it's very tiresome cause you aren't even consistent with your arguments.

I don't understand why so many people are always so negative about this team. Why be a fan if all you do is bitch and moan?

I'm talking forward prospects. Sorry, I'm a Devils fan for life, but we're in a fvcked situation right now. When Parise sticks his fist up the butthole bandwagon that is Sidney Crosby and the Pens tomorrow, pardon me if I don't jump for joy exclaiming, "Well at least Zach will win a couple of cups! Best of luck to you!"

Edited by CarpathianForest, 01 July 2012 - 09:06 PM.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#1142 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Via TG:

"Less than an hour ago, Zach Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, said via e-mail, "The Devils are still in consideration."

He was responding to someone who asked. Left that person's name out.

#1143 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Via TG:

"Less than an hour ago, Zach Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, said via e-mail, "The Devils are still in consideration."

He was responding to someone who asked. Left that person's name out.

Did he email that while masturbating furiously over the payday he's going to make from the Pens signing Zach?

Edited by CarpathianForest, 01 July 2012 - 09:16 PM.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#1144 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm talking forward prospects. Sorry, I'm a Devils fan for life, but we're in a fvcked situation right now. When Parise sticks his fist up the butthole bandwagon that is Sidney Crosby and the Pens tomorrow, pardon me if I don't jump for joy exclaiming, "Well at least Zach will win a couple of cups! Best of luck to you!"

yeah, you are discounting our defensive prospect even though most of our best prospects are on the back line.

This team losses free agents all the time. This team also missed the playoffs once in 15 years or so and if my memory is correct made the finals a couple weeks ago.

Zach will either sign here or sign a contract that is an overpayment. Lou signed him for 6 mil last year which was over market value for an rfa coming off a year with a knee injury. If zach just wants the money he will be somewhere else and there is nothing Lou can do about it. I don't see Lou giving him more than 7 or years. Some team will. Does he take it. Only Zach knows for sure and all the idiotic speculation on this board.

I understand that you just like to troll but are the nordique pictures really necessary? its realy tiresome reading most your posts.

I swear we must have the most negative fan base for a fairly successful franchise.

Joe

Edited by Joe B, 01 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

Joe

#1145 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

I think the bottom line is, Devils have made a considerable offer probably with out a lot of money up front (because we can't)...but the terms overall are there.

He wants to come back here, and is weighing the money factor.

#1146 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just curious.. Say we did have the capability to match Pittsburgh's offer, would you guys even want to do it? I don't think I'm willing to go the "sign him at whatever cost" route.
Posted Image

#1147 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Patrick Reusse (ESPN Radio Host Twin Cities)

https://twitter.com/...613818349830147

"Louie says Wild in final 3 for Parise. Believes Pitt & Philly are others. Check it out on The Sports Show."

https://twitter.com/...614779709460485

"Louie says bidding has gone "way over" $100 million for 10 yrs. More Lou: "Suter is going to get $100M.""

Not sure how credible this guy is so don't necessarily take it as fact, but its interesting.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 01 July 2012 - 09:54 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1148 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Likely to be mid/late afternoon before Parise makes/announces decision. He has much to sort thru...Suter likely to come in after Parise.

#1149 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Just curious.. Say we did have the capability to match Pittsburgh's offer, would you guys even want to do it? I don't think I'm willing to go the "sign him at whatever cost" route.

For me it depends on the offer. If its a 12/13 year deal (as its been rumored), I lean no. It just seems too long to commit to a guy that plays the way he does. I think he's more likely to break down sooner than say, Kovy. If its a 7/8 year deal, then I absolutely would hope we could match/exceed.

Lets say the high end offer is taken. 12 years/90 million, that's almost absurd, altho the cap hit is doable (7.5) depending on how its loaded. Some of his offers are rumored to eclipse 100 million before the signing bonus. Its insanity.

The part I have trouble with in all of this is the fact we're potentially losing our captain and a guy who I really hoped would be a career Devil. If its not our coach, its a huge free agent we're losing. Every damn year it seems, but then again, the franchise regularly bar the fart of 10-11 seem to bounce back and at least be competitive, so its hard to judge it overall in the immediate. Its not the end of the world if Zach leaves, but it certainly won't feel good no matter what # he gets. I do think we could be better in the long run without him at those #s, but we could suffer in the immediate.

Edited by ghdi, 01 July 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#1150 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Any of you guys "reading" the topic wanna chime in so we can have a decent post-Parise conversation?

1.) Like others have said, let's not have a post-Parise conversation when we're not post-Parise yet.

2.) Whenever people think you might be willing to have a serious discussion, you go and pull something like this:

Get used to our new jersey in a few seasons. Actually it's still kind of got the NJ on it, sorta.Posted ImageWe'll probably see a a rise in attendance revenue with the glut of Nords fans invading the arena the next couple seasons.

... so if you want to have an intelligent conversation, how 'bout you knock it off with the trolling, eh?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#1151 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

My problem is how he was adamant about not going to the Rags but then has Philly and Pitts as 2 of the possible 4 teams left in the hunt. It makes the "i'm not going to the Rags" thing ring hollow. As a Cowboys fan its the same as someone saying they won't go to the Giants but choose the Redskins or Eagles...its just as bad and he has to know that.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#1152 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

My problem is how he was adamant about not going to the Rags but then has Philly and Pitts as 2 of the possible 4 teams left in the hunt. It makes the "i'm not going to the Rags" thing ring hollow. As a Cowboys fan its the same as someone saying they won't go to the Giants but choose the Redskins or Eagles...its just as bad and he has to know that.

He wasn't going to the Rags cause of the system they play anyway. Plus they weren't going to offer him more than other teams would regardless, not when they're trying to acquire Nash by throwing back Dubinsky who's half the cap hit.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 July 2012 - 10:17 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1153 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

You guys seems to forget that he took back his comments about not going to the rangers, cause he was put on the spot

www.SterioDesign.com

#1154 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

StereoDesign, you're really annoying. What happened to you? I used to enjoy your posts, now you just seem like you're on suicide watch and trying to take us with you.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1155 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

StereoDesign, you're really annoying. What happened to you? I used to enjoy your posts, now you just seem like you're on suicide watch and trying to take us with you.

Haha well sorry to hear that but i was just stating a fact there... People keep on bringing back his quote bout NY like its pure cash but ignore that he took it back... Not that i think that he would go there anyway but wtv... Im also not depress at all to be honest, it would suck to lose zach and hurt us but on the long run it would have been deadly to have him on a super long contract with a big cap hit.

Maybe its that time of the year? Im usually always positive mostly but its pretty hard to do in these situations.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1156 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

As mentioned last week by someone, the thing the Devils can offer that no one really else can is that the Devils are Parise's team.

He can go to Pitt and play in the shadow of super stars. He can go to Philly and deal with their early 2000's ranger-esque roster shakeups every year. Sure he could be the face of the Wild but I seriously question his motives if that is the case.

#1157 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am all for dudes getting paid but I really can't stand people who would go to a team like the flyers or Pitt After being drafted by the devils and becoming the captain of the devils. It really shows that such a player doesn't care much about being on a team, rivalries etc.

And i really don't want to hear from the NHL when they are trying to play up rivalries and what not if it is so easy to jump from the devils to the flyers etc.

I still would like to see more to sports than "hired guns" jumping from one rival to the next, it's a slap in the face to the game and the money paying fans.

I'm on the iPod so sorry if this looks disjointed

#1158 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

alright so i was out for the day and i was refreshing twitter on my cell furiously every minute

i guess im seeing this whole thing pretty much the same way than everyone here...we obviously want zach back in NJ but not at any price. We all know that Zach will likely never be able to keep on play the way he is for 10+ years

Still my pride doesnt want to go through losing my fav player on the team buuuuuuuut we havent lost him yet... parts of me strongly believe that he's gone and others have that idea that he could pull a legendary move by taking less to stay a Devils forever. Then someday we'll win against the Pens in the conference final and then when Zach will be lifting the cup we'll be able to say... "Remember that time when Zach almost signed with Pittsburgh"

also i'd like to imagine that the ownership problem is temporary, so for all we know we could be back a cap team by the trade deadline and go after guys like Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf, etc etc. So what i'd say to Zach if i was Lou is just... stick with us we MAY go through a rough patch this season but we'll be the one shopping for shinny toys next summer maybe.

so i guess we'll see... but i still think that it would be ridiculous for Pittsburgh to sign Zach long term with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury already there... they may have the best top6 in the league but their depth will be damaged with time and just like we see in the playoffs every years depth is really important. Plus Pittsburgh have a really good D prospect pool and those kids + letang will need a raise eventually and they may have to part with good young guys.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1159 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

The ownership situation is crucial here IMO. Never trust a former vp of Lehman bros.

#1160 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Not that I have been following much today but this reminds me of LeBron stringing around Cleveland when he full well knew he was going to Miami. "They were in it to the end" or some bs like that. Even if the Devils are out, it's good damage control from the Parise camp to say the Devils are still in the mix.

If the bidding has gotten this ridiculous...forget about it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users