2873 replies to this topic

#1201 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Trying to rationalize and prepare myself for today.

Parise is such a like-able guy, hard worker, incredibly marketable (Devils biggest weakness), that being said I don't think his game will be as effective in his early 30's and up.

I think Parise is worth 12years 70 Million. I'd love if the devils could get him for that.

I think He'll get offered 90-105million, which he is totally not worth... but who can blame him for taking it.

I don't think he goes to Philly. That team seems to be blown up and surrounded by drama most of the time.

If i were him my top 2 (besides NJ) would be Detroit and Pittsburgh. Minnesota never seems to consistently have their sh!t together.

If he wasn't such a like able guy personally this would be much easier.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 02 July 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#1202 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

If Zach goes to Minnesota, I don't want to hear anything about him being a "winner" or a "champion." That would be the equivalent of LeBron having signed with the Golden State Warriors.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#1203 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Spoke to Martin Brodeur. He said conversations he's had with Zach Parise were encouraging that captain might stay

- Rich Chere

Also...

Brodeur said it was acknowledged in his talks with Lou Lamoriello that Devils are in a tough financial situation. But Brodeur said because the players were never put in position to worry about team finances last season, he trusts Devils will be okay.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 02 July 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#1204 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Spoke to Martin Brodeur. He said conversations he's had with Zach Parise were encouraging that captain might stay

- Rich Chere

:headless chicken:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1205 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,072 posts

Wow Chere of all people posting good news?! This doesn't compute.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1206 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

- Rich Chere

Also...

Brodeur said it was acknowledged in his talks with Lou Lamoriello that Devils are in a tough financial situation. But Brodeur said because the players were never put in position to worry about team finances last season, he trusts Devils will be okay.

Just saw this, I like it.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1207 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Wow Chere of all people posting good news?! This doesn't compute.

TG quoting the same thing too.

#1208 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

Told Zach Parise deciding between two teams #NHL
Retweeted by Todd Cordell

#1209 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Brodeur on ZP: "I’m sure he’ll make the right decision for him and his family. He’s getting married and all that, so it’s a big summer for him..but I think the Devils went to the forefront with him and I’m pretty positive that he’ll come back to us, but we’ll see.”

- TG

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 02 July 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#1210 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Brodeur on ZP: "but I think the Devils went to the forefront with him and I’m pretty positive that he’ll come back to us, but we’ll see.”

sh!t is heating up here folks.

#1211 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

i really wish i didn't have to leave for work, and i could sit in front of my computer all day and just refresh the nhl.com page. this sh!t is driving me crazy.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#1212 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Trying to rationalize and prepare myself for today.

I don't think he goes to Philly. That team seems to be blown up and surrounded by drama most of the time.

Not to mention they dumped their high paid veteran stars before last year. There was a quote a while back from Parise about settling down in a place he wants to raise a family. The threat of instability would be enough to keep me away from philly, especially when he can go pretty much anywhere he wants.

#1213 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I think it's between us and Pitt. The scary thing is, Pitt is likely throwing trucks of money at him and the allure of playing on a wing with Sid for years to come....

I just want it to be over already!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#1214 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

i really wish i didn't have to leave for work, and i could sit in front of my computer all day and just refresh the nhl.com page. this sh!t is driving me crazy.

Exactly what I'm doing. I almost wish I WAS working so I could keep some sanity
Posted Image

#1215 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

we may have a budget for the season but we have pretty much all our roster signed except Zach, Sykora and Salvadore(Sykki and Salvadore are a good luxury to have but we dont NEED them either)... and 19m of cap space... its almost impossible to spend to the cap now anyway lol

and this is the team who were 2 games away from winning the cup so...

www.SterioDesign.com

#1216 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Just have Twitter send you text messages.

#1217 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

my friends are all texting me to go to the beach and just dont understand why id want to stay inside staring at a computer screen lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#1218 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

my friends are all texting me to go to the beach and just dont understand why id want to stay inside staring at a computer screen lol

You don't have a smart phone? They not get released up there in Canada yet? :P

#1219 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Don't you guys have smart phones?

I have twitter, espn, and bleacher report sending me updates anytime a Devil is mentioned in anything credible. Also, checking this forum and hfboards every 10 minutes.

Gotta love technology.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1220 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

- Rich Chere

Also...

Dumb Question. If the team really did go "broke", the players would get paid no matter what right?
It's the whiskey talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users